Seattle suggestions

nattybohman

CAGiversary!
I'm heading out to Seattle next month and I was wondering if any Seattle CAGs out there could suggest some fun things to do in that town.
I'll probably be staying near Pioneer Square.

Doesn't have to be gaming related. (although that would be cool too)

Thanks!

Gameworks- big arcade by the convention center. Kind of a standard.
Pinball museum- Maynard Ave, $7 bucks to get in, unlimited free play. Haven't been yet personally.
Uwajimaya- big Asian grocery store, if you're into that kind of thing. Attached to Kinokuniya bookstore too.

That's where I usually end up in Seattle. Honestly, there's a lot of stuff around here, I don't see you wanting for activites. (Oh yeah- buses are free in most of downtown most of the day, so look into that.)

If it's your first time in Seattle, you probably have to do Pike St, there used to be a min-amusement park over by the Space Needle, but visiting the Space Needle isn't a bad idea. Seattle is one of my favorits "little, big cities" in the country. Fun, mostly safe place.

Pike Place Market (a must do for first timers)
Seattle Underground Tour (a really cool way to see the history of the city)
Science Fiction Museum (next to the EMP)
Gum Wall (right next to the Pike Place Market)
Cinerama Seattle (only three left in the world, think IMAX on steroids)
Pink Gorilla Games (local independent import/retro gaming store)

Seattle rules. It's small enough to where you probably won't need a car, so get out and explore the city. If you stick to the market & Pioneer Square areas, there's tons of cool stuff to see and do. The Underground tour leaves from Pioneer Square if I remember correctly - there's an entire city beneath the streets.

bread's done
Back