Second BB DVD glitch involving free 300 preview discs

karkyco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
EDIT: Okay so apparently, you don't even need to purchase a DVD or anything else to get these 300 Preview discs for free! Just have the clerk ring them up (they will each say $9.99), and when he/she is done, the window will pop up telling him/her there is a special deal, he/she will hit enter, and the price will drop to $0.00 for these discs! You may need a cool clerk who won't stop you from getting away with this, though. And again, I wouldn't recommend trying to take every single one - too much risk and hoarding sucks! Please just take a couple.

Free movie ticket in each one (and of course, at the multiplex, if you want to go into another theater and see something other than 300, that is another option...but come on, 300 is going to be AWESOME) along with a preview disc.

/EDIT

I posted this under the BB BOGO DVD glitch thread, but figured some people may not be interested in those DVDs but may still want the 300 preview discs (including the free movie cash) and also for those whose BB stores didn't put out the 300 discs until today.

I did this twice yesterday, once at lunchtime and once after work, so it was working as of yesterday's COB. Here's the deal. The 300 Preview discs are free with any DVD purchase, and is supposed to be 1 free 300 disc w/ every 1 DVD you purchase (I've also heard some stores limit it to 1 free 300 disc per customer), but at checkout, as long as you have any DVD rung up, ALL the 300 discs become free.

I'm betting a LOT of this will depend on whether or not you get a cool checkout clerk who will let this happen, but as far as their computer system goes, the discs are not tallied up and compared 1 to 1. You may even get a clerk that doesn't bother scanning the 300 discs and just throws them in the bag.

Meaning you can go and find the cheapest DVD that Best Buy has, and grab 2 or 3 (don't be greedy!) of the 300 discs, and they will all come out free. I do not recommend going overboard with this and grabbing every single 300 disc in the store, but if you want to buy a DVD and grab 2 copies of the 300 disc to take a date, this is the ideal method. PLEASE DO NOT HOARD.

As you are checking out, give the clerk the DVD you are purchasing first. It will ring up. Then give him the 300 discs, if there is any problem say "oh according to the ad, these are free...please ring them up for me." Each one will come up as 9.99 but the "special deal" window will pop up and after the clerk hits enter/return, each one will go to 0.00.

Thanks to Polly for providing us with the link on where the 300 free movie money/ticket (good for up to $10.50) can be used:

http://www.hollywoodmoviemoney.com/usa/

This is great and all, but why would you want more then one preview disc for 300? Maybe it's just me, but I have enough junk hanging around as it is, I don't need anymore. Also, if there ARE people out there that really want it, why hoarde something so stupid so they can't get it?

[quote name='spmahn']This is great and all, but why would you want more then one preview disc for 300? Maybe it's just me, but I have enough junk hanging around as it is, I don't need anymore. Also, if there ARE people out there that really want it, why hoarde something so stupid so they can't get it?[/QUOTE]

It's come with free movie cash too see the moive "300" a 9.50 value. I believe thats the correct value.

[quote name='spmahn']This is great and all, but why would you want more then one preview disc for 300? Maybe it's just me, but I have enough junk hanging around as it is, I don't need anymore. Also, if there ARE people out there that really want it, why hoarde something so stupid so they can't get it?[/quote]

Each preview disc has a free movie ticket to see 300 in it.

[quote name='bulldog93']Um, each disc comes with a free movie ticket for 300.[/quote]

Oh, my bad, it makes more sense, but not much. Do you really need more then one free ticket?

[quote name='spmahn']This is great and all, but why would you want more then one preview disc for 300? Maybe it's just me, but I have enough junk hanging around as it is, I don't need anymore. Also, if there ARE people out there that really want it, why hoarde something so stupid so they can't get it?[/quote]

I'm not saying to hoarde it, but it comes with a free movie ticket to 300.

I specifically stated if you want to grab an extra one, say for a GIRLFRIEND or WIFE to take to the movies.

[quote name='spmahn']Oh, my bad, it makes more sense, but not much. Do you really need more then one free ticket?[/quote]

Perhaps one day, when you have someone to take to the movies with you, you will understand why having more than one would be useful.

[quote name='karkyco']Perhaps one day, when you have someone to take to the movies with you, you will understand why having more than one would be useful.[/QUOTE]

lawl

[quote name='pimpinc333']It's come with free movie cash too see the moive "300" a 9.50 value. I believe thats the correct value.[/quote]

10.50, actually. I'm still trying to figure out which theater chains will accept it. hoping AMC is down.

[quote name='karkyco']Perhaps one day, when you have someone to take to the movies with you, you will understand why having more than one would be useful.[/quote]

fuck you asshole.

[quote name='h2dk']Dude, come on.. that was some funny shit[/quote]

Yeah, it's just HILARIOUS to be insulted by some jackass too cheap to pay full price for movie tickets :roll:

[quote name='karkyco']10.50, actually. I'm still trying to figure out which theater chains will accept it. hoping AMC is down.[/QUOTE]

I think most if not all chains should accept because when I worked at a pacific we were told to use the checks/moviecash as cash, and on the actual movie cash there are no participating theater list.

[quote name='robzilla']I think most if not all chains should accept because when I worked at a pacific we were told to use the checks/moviecash as cash, and on the actual movie cash there are no participating theater list.[/quote]

Movie Cash is essentially just a check. You could likely just deposit it in your own bank account for that matter and it would probably go through.

[quote name='karkyco']Perhaps one day, when you have someone to take to the movies with you, you will understand why having more than one would be useful.[/quote]

Normal women don't go to gorefests like 300, only fat, ugly women.

[quote name='spmahn']Oh, my bad, it makes more sense, but not much. Do you really need more then one free ticket?[/quote]

you must not have friends. ;)

[quote name='spmahn']Yeah, it's just HILARIOUS to be insulted by some jackass too cheap to pay full price for movie tickets :roll:[/quote]

Well, I was trying to be as polite as possible. I mean, really, how socially inept and clueless does one have to be, I wonder, to ask a question like "why would you need more than one movie ticket?" I'm betting you're one of the FOB types, am I right? Perhaps the male equivalent of my avatar pic?

As for being cheap, uhm, do you happen to know the name of the site you are on? This is CHEAP-ass-gamer.com, not be-a-full-price-paying-idiot gamer.com. Jesus, the irony of your comment is simply hilarious. If you don't need an extra free ticket because even your imaginary girlfriend dumped you, then leave the topic, bitch.

The emphasis, hell the sole purpose of this site, is to get discounts, deals, and freebies.

[quote name='tiredfornow']you must not have friends. ;)[/QUOTE]

I have enough for me and my friends to go (5 total). The key is to not horad, I bought 5 DVDs over 3 transactions and 5 tickets. Boy's Night Out!

[quote name='Blade']Normal women don't go to gorefests like 300, only fat, ugly women.[/QUOTE]

gonna have to disagree

at least for my area

plenty of hot chicks go to gore-fests here... super hot chicks

[quote name='Blade']Normal women don't go to gorefests like 300, only fat, ugly women.[/quote]

You're joking, right? Perfect date movie. Men have been taking women to horror movies for decades because it is an ideal opportunity for men and women to play up their gender roles...i.e. the scared woman, comforted in the arms of the big strong man.

You're telling me that no hot chicks went and saw Sin City, or the Ring?

Anyway, I'm out until tonight. If you want to use the deal I posted, go ahead. If not, then don't.

[quote name='Blade']Normal women don't go to gorefests like 300, only fat, ugly women.[/quote]

LOL.. yeeeeah, riiiight, my girlfriend is SO psyched about this movie, she's 120 pounds too.. HUGE woman. ;]

[quote name='karkyco']
I specifically stated if you want to grab an extra one, say for a GIRLFRIEND or WIFE to take to the movies.[/QUOTE]

You presumed everyone knew there was a free ticket to see the 300 with the DVD. I dont see any comments about taking your GF or Wife just a brief note about the movie cash in your original post. I dont even assume movie cash means the ticket.

[quote name='karkyco']I posted this under the BB BOGO DVD glitch thread, but figured some people may not be interested in those DVDs but may still want the 300 preview discs (including the free movie cash) and also for those whose BB stores didn't put out the 300 discs until today.

I did this twice yesterday, once at lunchtime and once after work, so it was working as of yesterday's COB. Here's the deal. The 300 Preview discs are free with any DVD purchase, and is supposed to be 1 free 300 disc w/ every 1 DVD you purchase (I've also heard some stores limit it to 1 free 300 disc per customer), but at checkout, as long as you have any DVD rung up, ALL the 300 discs become free.

I'm betting a LOT of this will depend on whether or not you get a cool checkout clerk who will let this happen, but as far as their computer system goes, the discs are not tallied up and compared 1 to 1. You may even get a clerk that doesn't bother scanning the 300 discs and just throws them in the bag.

Meaning you can go and find the cheapest DVD that Best Buy has, and grab like 4 of the 300 discs, and they will all come out free. I do not recommend going overboard with this and grabbing every single 300 disc in the store, but if you want to buy a DVD and grab 2 copies of the 300 disc to take a date, this is the ideal method.

As you are checking out, give the clerk the DVD you are purchasing first. It will come up. Then give him the 300 discs, if there is any problem say "oh according to the ad, these are free"...please ring them up for me. Each one will come up as 9.99 but the "special deal" window will pop up and after the clerk hits enter, each one will go to 0.00.[/QUOTE]

Thx for the info OP, just hoping not too many hoard these things. I'm reading over on DVDTalk of people picking up 20+ of these things. I mean c'mon do you really need THAT many or are you just an obsessive-compulsive hoarder, that because something is free, you must take as many as you can get and deny others the chance, just because you have a hoarding addiction? I go with the latter....

[quote name='spmahn']Yeah, it's just HILARIOUS to be insulted by some jackass too cheap to pay full price for movie tickets :roll:[/QUOTE]

As a former movie theatre manager, I can say that I have a condition that almost completely forbids me to pay full price for a movie ticket ever again.

I fully suggest trying to pick up 2 of these, maybe 4 for a gaggle of friends. Why? You're going to pay even more than admission just to get a drink and nachos for which the cheese comes from a metal bag with a shelf life of one eon. The only thing that bothers me about them is that it can actually help corporate theatres (or the questionable employees that work for them). Many of these movie cash kinda deals are considered the same as checks.. with a value up to $10.50 or so. Say admission is $7... they can literally claim the full amount and actually profit from the whole deal (although most of an admission price usually goes to the distributor, not the theatre). All of this especially applies to extremely corrupt theatre chains such as Carmike or something.

For CAG's, this would be a perfect opportunity to have a date or something. Shit, use it. It helps the film, and would be good to give Frank Miller even more credit. The tickets are actually counted as part of the film's gross pull. Sure, it's skewed data.. but I'd rather 300 look good than an Uwe Bole flick or something.

I was able to get two of the "300" ticket dvds along with copies of Batman: SE and Batman Returns: SE for a grand total of $10.42. Nice!

:lol: fucking funny! :lol:

[quote name='lawdood']Thx for the info OP, just hoping not too many hoard these things. I'm reading over on DVDTalk of people picking up 20+ of these things. I mean c'mon do you really need THAT many or are you just an obsessive-compulsive hoarder, that because something is free, you must take as many as you can get and deny others the chance, just because you have a hoarding addiction? I go with the latter....[/quote]

I agree with you 100%, lawdood. I only posted this for people to take an extra one or two if they wanted to go and take a friend or date...and to actually USE THEM instead of hoarding or trying to resell the tix at a discount.
That would be utterly ridiculous and just plain shitty.

The only extras I took were 2 more than the # of DVDs I bought, so I could give them to my friends and/or family. My wife has a big family so someone will definitely want these.

Thanks Polly for posting the link to participating theaters! You are awesome. I will add it to the first post.

And skylander, thanks for the info. EXACTLY - we will be paying at least $5-10 per person to the theater for snacks, and this promotes the movie quite well and is already set aside as advertising money from the studio (and does get tallied into the boxoffice gross). I'm still going to buy every version of 300 that gets released on DVD/BRD/HDDVD (and probably the game, after checking out that trailer on the disc)...and I already support Frank's written/drawn work as I've bought most of it.

what is the promo code? 31752? Thats what it says on my ticket and the site says it dose not have a promotion under that number

Long story short my BB clerks are being dicks, they insist that I must buy Alexander.

Is their any chance someone can mail me the free ticket voucher and I'll pay them for shipping (the price of a stamp and envelope)?

[quote name='abhinav']what is the promo code? 31752? Thats what it says on my ticket and the site says it dose not have a promotion under that number[/quote]

Yeah, it must not be in their system yet since the movie doesn't come out until the 9th of March (another week and a half). Try to search for participating theaters using a blank Promo Code. This brought up all the theaters in my area that will accept it. Tragically, AMC did not show up but a bunch of acceptable other theaters did.

[quote name='Gorge']Long story short my BB clerks are being dicks, they insist that I must buy Alexander.

Is their any chance someone can mail me the free ticket voucher and I'll pay them for shipping (the price of a stamp and envelope)?[/quote]

That is freaking ridiculous. Get the Best Buy ad, and check out the page that has the "Free 300 promo DVD" on it - it specifically states that it is FREE WITH ANY DVD PURCHASE.

I say you argue the case with the clerks, then call over the manager and raise hell. If they still won't give it to you, tell them you want the manager's boss's number/corporate. If they don't buckle, call corporate and raise more hell. You will probably get the free dvd plus a $50 gift card.

[quote name='karkyco']That is freaking ridiculous. Get the Best Buy ad, and check out the page that has the "Free 300 promo DVD" on it - it specifically states that it is FREE WITH ANY DVD PURCHASE.

I say you argue the case with the clerks, then call over the manager and raise hell. If they still won't give it to you, tell them you want the manager's boss's number/corporate. If they don't buckle, call corporate and raise more hell. You will probably get the free dvd plus a $50 gift card.[/QUOTE]

it's funny because I actually kept on insisting that it was "With any DVD purchase" as the ad states but they did not budge, I think I am going to take my receipt from yesterday and go try again today.

[quote name='Gorge']it's funny because I actually kept on insisting that it was "With any DVD purchase" as the ad states but they did not budge, I think I am going to take my receipt from yesterday and go try again today.[/quote]

Unbelievable. Good luck. If that store sticks to that policy, they're not going to move a single 300 promo DVD. Stand your ground, don't get belligerent and curse, but be firm and logical in your argument. And again, if they still won't budge, call corporate and rip them a new one.

[quote name='Gorge']it's funny because I actually kept on insisting that it was "With any DVD purchase" as the ad states but they did not budge, I think I am going to take my receipt from yesterday and go try again today.[/QUOTE]

? weird. I bought a DVD yesterday with the 300 promo disc, and a prompt came up on the screen asking them to apply the discount.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']? weird. I bought a DVD yesterday with the 300 promo disc, and a prompt came up on the screen asking them to apply the discount.[/quote]

Yeah, if you can just get the cashier to scan the 300 promo disc with any DVD purchase, it will go to 0.00

[quote name='D_Icon']Whats on these 300 discs anyway?[/quote]

Some making of, preview stuff/longer trailer, interviews, game trailer.

[quote name='karkyco']Some making of, preview stuff/longer trailer, interviews, game trailer.[/QUOTE]Which is coming out only for cell phones and PSP, because they mean business.

[quote name='lawdood']Thx for the info OP, just hoping not too many hoard these things. I'm reading over on DVDTalk of people picking up 20+ of these things. I mean c'mon do you really need THAT many or are you just an obsessive-compulsive hoarder, that because something is free, you must take as many as you can get and deny others the chance, just because you have a hoarding addiction? I go with the latter....[/QUOTE]
Those greedy hoarders, this is exactly why we and everyone else hates FatWallet

Take a couple, for you and some guests, but don't take a shitload, you don't even have any use for all those, you're just being an asshole

[quote name='dastly75']I tried Shawshank Redemption and Se7en but it didn't work, maybe wrong versions.[/quote]

yeah probably wrong versions. The Se7en is the Platinum Series Deluxe bundle that comes in a slipcase. The Shawshank one is also the higher end deluxe edition.

[quote name='karkyco']yeah probably wrong versions. The Se7en is the Platinum Series Deluxe bundle that comes in a slipcase. The Shawshank one is also the higher end deluxe edition.[/QUOTE]

For Shawshank Redemption, it is actually the one that says "Two Disc Special Edition" on top and "10th Anniversary" on bottom in regular plastic DVD case that is on sale for $9.99, and that will also work with B1G1 free DVDs. I was able to get that with Se7en (New Line Platinum Series), Heat (Two Disc Special Edition), and Million Dollar Baby (3 Disc Deluxe Edition - Including CD Soundtrack) for $20 + tax. And of course, 4 of the 300 trailer disc w/ movie tickets.

I won't be able to make it over there until Thursday, hopefully the glitch holds up until then... I was going to originally pay to go see this, so this is perfect timing.

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah, it must not be in their system yet since the movie doesn't come out until the 9th of March (another week and a half). Try to search for participating theaters using a blank Promo Code. This brought up all the theaters in my area that will accept it. Tragically, AMC did not show up but a bunch of acceptable other theaters did.[/quote]

Sweet, thats a good idea, thanks for the heads up.

bread's done
Back