Secondhand Xbox 360 Arcade

SpiderxDeviL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well, I have 2 broken 360s here and I'm thinking about buying a Arcade 360 for Forza 3.
I hear the Jasper 360s don't RROD anymore. So am I safe to get a secondhand "BNIB" 360 Arcade?

Do you need receipts to RMA?

Jaspers can still RROD, it's just less likely it will due to the cooler running systems. Just keep it clear of anything that might cause it to overheat i.e. sticking in your wall unit, right next to your TV where there's little to no air flow...or letting your cat sleep next to the air vents everyday.

[quote name='Malik112099']You have 2 broken 360's and are actually considering buying a used one? Really? Seriously?[/QUOTE]

I don't see the problem if it has a warranty.

[quote name='SpiderxDeviL']I don't see the problem if it has a warranty.[/QUOTE]

Then why did you start this thread in the first place?

[quote name='Malik112099']Then why did you start this thread in the first place?[/QUOTE]

I wanted to see if you needed a receipt or not to RMA.

Most people on Craigslist say it doesn't come with a receipt.

[quote name='SpiderxDeviL']I wanted to see if you needed a receipt or not to RMA.

Most people on Craigslist say it doesn't come with a receipt.[/QUOTE]

No you don't. You need the serial number of the console. Before you buy it, make sure it isnt already registered otherwise you wont be able to get warranty work done if something happens.

I was also considering buying a used 360 arcade and was wondering what chipset was in the Arcade version with Sega Tennis I believe from 2008. I am wondering if there are any drawbacks to that particular model and if I should get the current arcade version with the 512 MB internal memory instead (I would be getting the used console for around $100). Thanks, and any help/recommendations is appreciated.

[quote name='Malik112099']No you don't. You need the serial number of the console. Before you buy it, make sure it isnt already registered otherwise you wont be able to get warranty work done if something happens.[/QUOTE]

Alright Thanks, hopefully the guy will let me register it before I buy it LOL.

[quote name='Tyga24']I was also considering buying a used 360 arcade and was wondering what chipset was in the Arcade version with Sega Tennis I believe from 2008. I am wondering if there are any drawbacks to that particular model and if I should get the current arcade version with the 512 MB internal memory instead (I would be getting the used console for around $100). Thanks, and any help/recommendations is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

With a 2008 model, it's more than likely a Falcon model. Which is more prone to the RROD than a Jasper model. One way to tell is voltage that it uses. If it's a 175W, it's a Falcon model. If it's a 150W, it's a Jasper Model.

If you're wanting a reliable one, it's better to just buy a new Arcade version. You'll get a 3 year warranty, the 512MB memory(that 2008 won't have any memory built in) and won't be worn down like the used one is.

bread's done
Back