SecondSpin 25% off+ Free shipping on orders $40 or more

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
SecondSpin.com is having another sale, but this time instead of the usual 20% + free shipping, its 25%. But there is a minimum to purchase this time of $40 or more, but from my experience, I usually end up spending more than $40 anyways.

Promo Code is: FSEPT25

Promo ends on 9/10/09, enjoy!

Unicordtard: yes. I got in when it was a 20% deal a year or so back, bought three games and a couple CD's, and everything arrived/worked perfectly.

Customer service is really great too.

I had an apparently flawless cd arrive, but it wouldn't play. Called customer service and they shipped me a replacement and a return box with label for the bad version.

They only buy things that are in pristine shape (no scratches), and I order from them all the time. They also have a B&M in Newport, CA.

Customer service is pretty good.
But, i've made about 20 orders, and about half the games have come in generic cases or without instructions, and literally 10 out of my 25 ordered games have been broken or wrong.
They definitely aren't that great.
Oh, and their prices on most stuff are awful.

[quote name='unclenebber']Customer service is pretty good.
But, i've made about 20 orders, and about half the games have come in generic cases or without instructions, and literally 10 out of my 25 ordered games have been broken or wrong.
Oh, and their prices on most stuff are awful.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Seems like another one of those places to shop at, good customer service, but bad product selection.

I've successfully completed five orders without issue, however none of my orders have contained used games. I've purchased new games, new and used Blu-rays and used CDs; the used items were all in near-mint to mint condition with the exception of one "used" CD that was still factory sealed.

A word of warning to anyone pre-ordering games; don't expect the games to arrive on the release date or even that first week. My experience has been that pre-ordered titles usually arrive about a week after they're released.

They just opened a B&M in Ontario, CA and they're doing a B2G1 but it's extra cool because you can combine games, music and movies

Their game selection is pretty meh, and the prices arent that great.

But they have warhawk with the bluetooth headset bundle for the ps3 for only 35 (before the 25% off) which can be a pretty solid.

I've only ordered Audio CDs from SecondSpin and my experience with them has been great. Have only received one disc that was in bad shape. E-mailed Customer Service and got an immediate response. They shipped me out another copy of the CD, case and booklet, and told me just to toss the other CD in the trash. Didn't even require me to mail it back to them.

Well...they got 6 copies of Valkyria Chronicles for 34.99, which isn't too shabby if you can find a cheap filler or something and you're looking for that game.

[quote name='fizzywix']Anyone have experience buying used Blu Rays from them? Would like to know about completeness/quality[/QUOTE]

I have had one or two blu-rays arrived in generic cases before, but quality of the blu-ray disc itself is normally pretty good. I think out of the 30 blu-rays ive ordered from them, only a few came in generic cases. So not too bad.

[quote name='cb4774']I've successfully completed five orders without issue, however none of my orders have contained used games. I've purchased new games, new and used Blu-rays and used CDs; the used items were all in near-mint to mint condition with the exception of one "used" CD that was still factory sealed.

A word of warning to anyone pre-ordering games; don't expect the games to arrive on the release date or even that first week. My experience has been that pre-ordered titles usually arrive about a week after they're released.[/QUOTE]
I think you might be confused.

SecondSpin sells *only* used things. You can't order anything new from them, and you certainly can't pre-order anything from them. That's why the name is SecondSpin.

Wherehouse.com shares the same inventory, but has different deals/sales, and in some cases different prices. Same with FYE. However, they are all different companies. SS ships internationally. Wherehouse ships only to the US and UK, I believe. Not sure about FYE. FYE doesn't sell used games, but SS and Wherehouse do.

The Wherehouse and SS sites function the same way as Spun.com (sharing the same cart system, product index, etc.), but Spun has a different inventory, and completely different prices.

Sorry, you're right; I was thinking Spun, not sure how I got that out of a thread that clearly reads "SecondSpin." My apologies for any confusion.

The prices (with the exception of VC) and selection are abyssmal. I bought VC last time they had a sale. I don't think I'm even gonna look at their website this time.

[quote name='unclenebber']Customer service is pretty good.
Oh, and their prices on most stuff are awful.[/QUOTE]

Weird I have ordered about 28 items and every one of the discs are perfect condition (They are very picky about what they accept.) however, the case is usually generic. About 5 of the orders came without a manual and if you contact them about it they will usually send another game right off and not require you to send the first one back. (which you can then sell to EB/GS.) When I ordered the Gears of War collectors ed ad few years back it came with the seal still intact.

I see them as opposite to Gamefly. Gamefly's manual and case are always perfect but 90% of the time the disc will be scratched to an unplayable state. At least with Secondspin you know the game will work.

I notice a few people are saying they only order music from secondspin, if you do choose to only order used CDs, wherehouse.com is doing a 30% and free shipping promo that only applies to used CDs and as far as I can tell they share stock with secondspin.

Promo code: FSTHIRTYWS

Unfortunately, the same $40 minimum also applies.

[quote name='Cheato']I think you might be confused.

SecondSpin sells *only* used things. You can't order anything new from them, and you certainly can't pre-order anything from them. That's why the name is SecondSpin.

Wherehouse.com shares the same inventory, but has different deals/sales, and in some cases different prices. Same with FYE. However, they are all different companies. SS ships internationally. Wherehouse ships only to the US and UK, I believe. Not sure about FYE. FYE doesn't sell used games, but SS and Wherehouse do.

The Wherehouse and SS sites function the same way as Spun.com (sharing the same cart system, product index, etc.), but Spun has a different inventory, and completely different prices.[/QUOTE]

Actually all of these companies are all owned by Transworld, lol, so technically they are the same company. If you have a FYE giftcard, you will notice you can cross use it on several of Transworld's website, which is pretty nice. I found this out when FYE was offering $20 giftcard for signing up for their membership for a free trial month. After I got my giftcard, they marked several places on the back of their card I could use it at, and I decided to go with Wherehouse.com. So if you were trying to say they they were just different because of the way they are ran, then that is true. However, they are all owned by Transworld, which does own SS and Wherehouse.com, but they don't own spun.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Customer service is really great too.

I had an apparently flawless cd arrive, but it wouldn't play. Called customer service and they shipped me a replacement and a return box with label for the bad version.

They only buy things that are in pristine shape (no scratches), and I order from them all the time. They also have a B&M in Newport, CA.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, just to clarify, I've only purchased cd's from SecondSpin.

I've ordered CD's, DVD's and a few games from SecondSpin before - everything came complete and mint. Never had a problem with them personally.

OT - I've noticed on newer FYE giftcards that SecondSpin isn't even mentioned on the back as a retailer where the credit can be used online. Maybe because they only sell used, and Transworld can't offer their products at the ridiculous mark-ups they slap on everything in the stores....

bread's done
Back