Secondspin.com 20% off and Free Shipping

rayee6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So I just a email from Second Spin. They have a 20% sale on DVDs with Free Shipping. Pretty good deal. They have this kind of sale at least a few times a year.

Use the code SSBIGMARCH at checkout

PROMO ends March 19th, 2009

Can't go wrong with SecondSpin and their usual codes. Picked up season 1 of 30 Rock used for 21.64, can't beat that price anywhere. Thanks OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad they had both 20% off and free shipping. Seems like they usually do one or the other. I have credit and have been waiting for the heynow code to go active again, but this is good enough.

Be Kind Rewind [Widescreen] [Full Screen] [O-Sleeve]
Used DVD - Price: $3.42
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $3.83
Supersuckers ~ Must've Been High
Used CD - Price: $6.39
Futurama: Bender's Big Score
Used DVD - Price: $3.50
Producers [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $3.99

Total Bought: $21.13
Credit Applied: ($-21.13)
Shipping: $0.00
Total: ($0.00)

I notice they have some really cheap Blu-rays and not just direct-to-DVD or made-for-TV junk. There is a bunch of decent stuff for under $10 before the coupon, like 21, The Other Boleyn Girl, Underdog, and We Own the Night.

These sales are killing me! I just ordered another 19 DVDs for $28.xx. With the crazy deals they have, Secondspin.com is becoming my favorite shopping website.

Has anyone found any good cds for less than $2? The only three I found were Wax- 13 Unlucky Numbers and Belly - Star and King. I didn't search too hard.

[quote name='dim2192']Has anyone found any good cds for less than $2? The only three I found were Wax- 13 Unlucky Numbers and Belly - Star and King. I didn't search too hard.[/quote]

CDs less than $2? Hmm, that's difficult. Here's what I remember getting for less than $2 or so recently:

Anti-Pop Consortium-Ends Against the Middle
Ben Folds Five ~ Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner [CD & Video]
Eugenius-Mary Queen of Scots
Heart Throbs ~ Cleopatra Grip
Shed Seven-Change Giver
Starsailor-Love is Here
The Sundays ~ Static & Silence
Tom McRae-Tom McRae

I have no idea if any of those are still in stock, though.

A large portion of what I bought at the last Wherehouse.com sale and during this one was British rock music from the early to mid-90s. You can get some really amazing stuff for next to nothing.

[quote name='guyver2077']nice..

$15 shipped for we own the night and shoot em up bd

thanks op[/QUOTE]

I also picked up Shoot em up and Planet Earth on Blu and Harvey Birdman V3 on DVD. Thanks OP.

Thanks, OP. Picked up Amazing Stories on DVD for $15.99. The only copy was sold the day you posted the code, but one more just showed up this morning.

My used CD haul:

$1.52 Belly-King
$1.77 Belly-Star
$11.01 Bob Dylan-Bootleg Series Vol. 8: Tell Tale Signs
$2.28 Echobelly-On
$2.53 Elastica-Elastica
$6.77 Elvis Costello & the Attractions ~ Blood & Chocolate [Rhino Bonus Disc] [Remastered]
$2.28 Kula Shaker-K
$2.28 Lightning Seeds-Sense
$3.38 Paul McCartney-Chaos and Creation in the Backyard
$1.52 Shed Seven-Change Giver
$2.18 Sleeper-It Girl
$1.52 Sugar-File Under Easy Listening
$1.93 The Smithereens-11
$1.52 Tom McRae-Tom McRae

There's a lot of pretty good WWE PPV DVDs on sale for less than 5 dollars that are worth purchasing with this code, for those interested.

I highly recommend the Just Say Yes Cds (Vol 1-7). Some of the volumes (like 4 & 5) can be found for under a buck. Theres quite a lot of great late 80s/early 90s alternative rock bands such as Dinosaur Jr, The Replacements, Ride, Morrissey, etc

I basically use these sales as an excuse to check out a bunch of lesser known bands that can be had for less than $2 or $3.

Asia ~ Asia
Used CD - Price: $4.79

Planet Earth: The Complete Collection [HD-DVD]
Used DVD - Price: $15.66

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium [Blu-ray]
Used DVD - Price: $11.99

I just ordered the Billy Talent DVD for my girlfriend that she's been looking for -- lowest price on Amazon is $25 + shipping, I just got the last copy from SecondSpin for just under $7 ;) Thanks OP!

I bought "The Promotion" and "Dance of the Dead". Both arrived in perfect condition. In fact, "Dance Of The Dead" was brand new, not used. It was not in the original shrink (it was in their own shrink wrap, like they do for all DVDs). However it still had two of the slim security stickers attached (the ones that run along the top and side of the case. Upon removing the stickers, it was clear that it was brand new.
Bravo to SecondSpin!

[quote name='JolietJake']I don't know how they can sell used HD-DVDs for more than they'd cost new.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Its like as if SecondSpin didn't get the memo that everyone else has or is clearancing them out. However $15 for "Planet Earth" is pretty good so I'll jump at that.

I think it could just be a case of them having so few HD-DVDs, it isn't worth their time updating the prices. There is only a page and a half of them, and most titles only have one or two in stock.

Items Bought:

Bring it On [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $5.03

Blade 2 [2 Discs] [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $2.39

Blade [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $4.79

Blade: Trinity [Unrated] [2 Discs]

WWE: Unforgiven 2006
Used DVD - Price: $2.62

WWE: Unforgiven 2002
Used DVD - Price: $3.82

Total Bought: $22.64
Credit Applied: ($0.00)
Sales Tax (MD 6.00%): $1.36
Total: $24.00

$24 shipped? Hell yes. So basically I got the Blade Trilogy, 2 decent PPVs and some nice cheerleader action for the wife (and me) for under $25. Me likey.

Items Bought:

Waking Life

Slacker [2 Discs]
Used DVD - Price: $15.99

Total Bought: $19.98
Sales Tax (MI 6.00%): $1.20
Total: $21.18

I love SecondSpin sales. :bouncy:

I got the last copy of Invasion: The Complete series for $16.95 after discount. Not bad. I just hope the case/discs arrive in good condition. : /

Amelie [2 Discs] Used DVD 10.99
Limelight Used DVD 15.99
I Pity the Fool Used DVD 4.99
Code Monkeys: Season 1 [2 Discs] Used DVD 11.99
Road to Perdition [Widescreen] Used DVD 5.99
Bob Dylan ~ Blood on the Tracks [Remastered] Used CD 8.99
Danzig ~ Danzig Used CD 6.99
Jello Biafra/The Melvins ~ Never Breathe What You Can't See Used CD 7.99
Talking Heads ~ Remain in Light [DualDisc] [Remastered] [Bonus Tracks] [Digipak] Used CD 7.67

All shipped for $69 and some change. I keep this up, I won't be spending a lot on the DD sale.

Snagged Dan Doh: The Super Shot! complete series for 11.97 shipped. It's a golf anime (?!) but I grabbed it since I like golf a bit. Is it a good anime? Intial reviews I'm reading make it sound like a kids series with nothing special to offer.

Wow, they're way slower shipping than Wherehouse. With the last WH sale, they shipped the majority of what I had ordered from Friday night until Sunday on Monday. They've only shipped 8/17 of everything I've ordered, and none of those were the CDs I ordered last Thursday when the sale started.

I have gotten 4 things, though.

[quote name='evanft']Wow, they're way slower shipping than Wherehouse. With the last WH sale, they shipped the majority of what I had ordered from Friday night until Sunday on Monday. They've only shipped 8/17 of everything I've ordered, and none of those were the CDs I ordered last Thursday when the sale started.

I have gotten 4 things, though.[/quote]

Yeah, I haven't gotten but 1 of my items in, the rest haven't even shipped yet. I'm not going to complain too much because I saved a heap and they'll come I'm sure.

National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets [Blu-ray]
Price: $10.46

Vantage Point [Blu-ray]
Price: $8.22

28 Weeks Later [Blu-ray]
Price: $11.99

Total Bought: $30.67
Sales Tax (CA 7.75%): $2.38
Total: $33.05

I can live with $11/ea :)

A typical order of mine:
Graduate [Special Edition] [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $3.26

Various Artists ~ Just Say Yo: Vol. 2 of Just Say Yes
Used CD - Price: $1.34

Pitcher and the Pin-Up
Used DVD - Price: $0.86

See Arnold Run
Used DVD - Price: $1.50

Wimbledon [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $1.26

Arlington Road [Widescreen]
Used DVD - Price: $1.26

Total Bought: $9.48
Sales Tax (NJ 7.00%): $0.66
Total: $10.14

[quote name='klwillis45']Thanks OP. Picked up Shoot Em Up on blu-ray for $8.26 shipped.[/quote] It arrived today already & in pristine condition. Thanks again OP.

Anybody else who ordered the first day of the sale have yet to have their order shipped? I am attempting a jinx here, although I'm a little worried that my order delay might have to due with a supply issue seeing as 30 Rock season 1 mysteriously vanished from their sites inventory.

[quote name='dg7md']Anybody else who ordered the first day of the sale have yet to have their order shipped? I am attempting a jinx here, although I'm a little worried that my order delay might have to due with a supply issue seeing as 30 Rock season 1 mysteriously vanished from their sites inventory.[/QUOTE]

Out of the many things I ordered from SecondSpin and Wherehouse over the past week, about 5/8 of my stuff has shipped, 2/8 is still in process, and 1/8 was cancelled!?! It kinda sucks how they do that.

[quote name='dim2192']Out of the many things I ordered from SecondSpin and Wherehouse over the past week, about 5/8 of my stuff has shipped, 2/8 is still in process, and 1/8 was cancelled!?! It kinda sucks how they do that.[/quote]

I also had two items cancelled yesterday out of my first order (placed on 13/03) which contains 9 items. The remaining 7 items were shipped on 15/03. Oh well, I can't quite remember but my guess there is probably only one or two left of these two items that were cancelled. Perhaps their online inventory system is not lived? So 2-3 people ordered these items at the same time or on the same day, someone has to miss out? Consider there is no shipping charge and the 20% discount, I can't really complain but I am still disappointed I missed out on the two items that I thought I had ordered "successfully"

Mine still has yet to ship, and it was the only item in the order. I have a suspicion that perhaps the "1" they had left in stock may have been a misnomer and they're waiting on the cancellation, but I can wait. If worse comes to worse I save $13 and am in the same state I was before.

Besides, I can wait them out for their next sale. ;)

Well when I ordered my item, the inventory said it had 2 left I think, and that changed to 1 a bit after I ordered, so hopefully I got in before they cancel it due to no supply or something.

Next day edit: Was it the jinx that did it? lol, the order shipped today.

The free shipping code I was given as a "sorry" for their recent order fuckup is: SSFSTWENTYMAKEUP. This code is supposedly good for ONE use before 4/30/2009, and gets you the 20% off w/free shipping. I used it on my account, perhaps you could use it on yours.

[quote name='TallGuyMe']The free shipping code I was given as a "sorry" for their recent order fuckup is: SSFSTWENTYMAKEUP. This code is supposedly good for ONE use before 4/30/2009, and gets you the 20% off w/free shipping. I used it on my account, perhaps you could use it on yours.[/quote]

So glad that worked. They canceled both of my fucking orders, and the one thing they never went OOS on. Rather pissed about that, but this at least lets me re-order it. Sadly the other thing I had to turn to buying from elsewhere. My first big red mark for SecondSpin, especially since I never got an email about the cancellations.

[quote name='georox']So glad that worked. They canceled both of my fucking orders, and the one thing they never went OOS on. Rather pissed about that, but this at least lets me re-order it. Sadly the other thing I had to turn to buying from elsewhere. My first big red mark for SecondSpin, especially since I never got an email about the cancellations.[/quote]

Thanks for saying this...Just checked on my four orders...Two of which are cancelled and I never heard a word from them about it...

What course of action should I take on this bullshit?

EDIT~ Nevermind, I wasn't charged for either transaction. It's just ridiculous that I wasn't told about it.

[quote name='TallGuyMe']The free shipping code I was given as a "sorry" for their recent order fuckup is: SSFSTWENTYMAKEUP. This code is supposedly good for ONE use before 4/30/2009, and gets you the 20% off w/free shipping. I used it on my account, perhaps you could use it on yours.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'm going to save this code for when they update their stock and do some price drops. Maybe in a few weeks.

I had two things cancelled too. First time this has happened on an order from them. Oh well, at least my Doctor Who shipped.

bread's done
Back