Secondspin.com 20% off plus FREE Shipping on Used Games,DVDs and Cds

Ordered The Hulk: Ultimate Destruction for PS2 on 9/9, shipped on 9/10 and arrived in PA on 9/16

The disc had been resurfaced, no manual, and in a generic DVD case. Disappointing, but not bad for $8.50

another "heynow" sale, another round of frantic dirt-cheap compilation CDs for BustaUppa! May as well post my combined haul (prices after coupon):

Various Artists ~ Monsters of Rap, Vol. 1 Used CD $2.94
Various Artists ~ World Of Dance: New Wave-The 80' Used CD $2.39
Various Artists ~ Rock the First, Vol. 1 Used CD $3.82
Various Artists ~ Best of Funk [Madacy] Used CD $3.19
Various Artists ~ Grammy R&B/Rap Nominees 2001 [Cl Used CD $3.99
Various Artists ~ Goin' South Used CD $3.99 Shipped
Various Artists ~ Source Hip-Hop Music Awards 2000 Used CD $3.58
Various Artists ~ Ultimate Hits: Ultimate Southern Used CD $1.10
Various Artists ~ Best of Southern Rock [Rhino Fla Used CD $1.67
Deadstar Assembly ~ Deadstar Assembly Used CD $4.79
The Human League ~ Very Best of the Human League [ Used CD $6.39

I'm sorta glad that it's over, because the temptation to spend a shitload of money on a ridiculous amount of CDs was becoming overwhelming. I got seven CDs and a DVD, and I'm happy.

[quote name='Bad']I got my used Halo 3 today and it looks great. It came in the 360 green case, the disc is 100% perfect, and it included manual, unused xbox live 48 hour code, and poster. Very happy with this deal![/quote]

Same here - it was immaculate and it shipped fast from California to NY
:bouncy:

[quote name='ScottBigGame']Anyone know where they ship from? They say my order shipped on the 9th and i dont have anything yet. I'm in Philadelphia area.[/QUOTE]

I think Carson, California.

[quote name='Serpentor']i think you got the only copy they had :)

hopefully your copy is minty mint... i have mixed feelings about used games. ordered a bunch before, discs are all good and everything, but one PS3 game came with a dvd case rather than the smaller white/clear case.[/QUOTE]

well, i said i would update on the copy of mass effect: limited collector's edition i ordered... so here we go:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

everything is mint... the discs don't even look like they've ever been taken out of the case. this makes up for the crap secondspin put me through last time i ordered from them [they send me a gamecube game with no manual in a generic dvd case... fits the tiny gamecube disc perfectly! no, really!]

Got my second shipment today -- TMNT. Once again, the disc looks like it's never been taken out of the (also flawless) package :) Now to wait for my replacement Dead Rising disc. Thumbs up for SecondSpin \\:D/

I think I've always had better luck with secondspin than places like gamestop or gamefly. I just got my order. 2 out of the 3 were flawless. One looks like it got damaged in shipment. Case cracked which must have caused the disc to pop off and get scratched. I just sent them an e-mail, but usually they're great with exchanges.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']Anyone know where they ship from? They say my order shipped on the 9th and i dont have anything yet. I'm in Philadelphia area.[/quote]

Also ordered on the 9th - my order arrived today (Center City). Like a few others here, the case, manual, and disc for Halo 3 look like they haven't even been touched.

I got my order yesterday.

Both of my dvds were in good shape. The only thing was the City of God dvd had that sticky residue on the top of the case.

I received one of my orders. Both Gamecube games were in generic DVD cases (with original artwork), but included the manuals.

However, I'm not disappointed, since the rest of the order consisted of the first volume of an anime series (with collectible box) - the collectible box I received was filled with all the volumes in the set! :)

[quote name='Bad']I got my used Halo 3 today and it looks great. It came in the 360 green case, the disc is 100% perfect, and it included manual, unused xbox live 48 hour code, and poster. Very happy with this deal![/quote]

[quote name='jsgebo']Same here - it was immaculate and it shipped fast from California to NY
:bouncy:[/quote]

I third this. Not bad for $20.xx !

I got mine today (Champions: Return to Arms). Took 2 days to get from CA to WI after 3 days of processing. Too bad it didn't have the manual and the game was scratched pretty good. I would buy from again, but probably need a 20% coupon to seal the deal.

[quote name='zenintrude']well, i said i would update on the copy of mass effect: limited collector's edition i ordered... so here we go:

everything is mint... the discs don't even look like they've ever been taken out of the case. this makes up for the crap secondspin put me through last time i ordered from them [they send me a gamecube game with no manual in a generic dvd case... fits the tiny gamecube disc perfectly! no, really!][/QUOTE]
Lucky bitch! Good find, sir.

Got my Resident Evil 4 today. Case, manual, perfect condition. Looks like it's never even been played.
I'll be looking forward to the next time a deal shows up with Second Spin.

I'm sad to have to say this, but I'm going to recommend against SecondSpin.com from now on because of their poor customer service.

They shipped me two DVDs and one game stuffed into a bubble mailer to the point of bursting, which almost inevitably led to the cases being broken to pieces, the inserts ripped apart, and the discs scratched (though still playable).

I have contacted customer service three times and each time they have flatly denied any culpability, saying only that they never claimed the items were in mint condition. Sure, I understand that, but the condition the items were in upon reception was below acceptable. They also say that they would be willing to do an exchange but are unwilling to reimburse me the cost of return shipping to them. What kind of peanut operation is this? They're literally frustrating (and losing) a customer over a couple dollars. :bomb:

[quote name='rapsodist']I'm sad to have to say this, but I'm going to recommend against SecondSpin.com from now on because of their poor customer service.

They shipped me two DVDs and one game stuffed into a bubble mailer to the point of bursting, which almost inevitably led to the cases being broken to pieces, the inserts ripped apart, and the discs scratched (though still playable).

I have contacted customer service three times and each time they have flatly denied any culpability, saying only that they never claimed the items were in mint condition. Sure, I understand that, but the condition the items were in upon reception was below acceptable. They also say that they would be willing to do an exchange but are unwilling to reimburse me the cost of return shipping to them. What kind of peanut operation is this? They're literally frustrating (and losing) a customer over a couple dollars. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

pics, plz!

bread's done
Back