Secret Files: Tunguska (Q4 2007)

MarioColbert

CAGiversary!
Although I'm fairly certain that nobody here really gives a shit about long-gone adventure genre, this is for everyone who would appreciate these here news. And I mean both of you.

From Adventure Gaming News (SOURCE). Screenshot whores click here.

Koch Media has announced that their point-and-clicker Secret Files: Tunguska is now in development for Nintendo's popular handheld, the DS, and for their innovative new Wii console. The conversions are being developed by 10TACLE STUDIOS MOBILE and Keen Games respectively. According to the developers, Secret Files: Tunguska is a game that's "a perfect-match for Wii", and is currently being optimized for use with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. The DS version will take advantage of the system's dual screens, one of them touch sensitive. The DS has already proven to be a successful platform for adventure games, with the critically acclaimed Phoenix Wright series, Another Code and Hotel Dusk already released. Secret Files: Tunguska is one of the first traditional adventures announced for the Wii, but the console could very well be an important system for adventure games in the near future. The Nintendo DS version of Secret Files: Tunguska will hit stores in the 4th quarter of 2007, while the Wii implementation won't be out until the 1st quarter of 2008.

Now, as for the game itself...

[quote name='Wikipedia']The game, like many 'classic' adventure games, is viewed from a third-personhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-person perspective and is mouse driven with the player clicking on locations for the main character to move to, objects to examine or pick up, etc.
The central protagonist of Secret Files: Tunguska is a young Russian woman called Nina Kalenkow, the daughter of scientist Victor Kalenkow. He has mysteriously disappeared and Nina sets out to find him - during the game the central character sometimes switches to Max Gruber, a colleague of Victor Kalenkow's (some puzzles can best be solved by using the alternative character if both are present at the location). Their investigations lead them to Tunguskahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska, Siberia, the location of a mysterious and devastating explosion in 1908.
At the end of the game there is a message saying that the characters will return with another game in 2008 so there is a possibility that more games are due in the sequels.[/quote]

If you really want to play it in its original PC splendor, you can check out the demo here. (Warning: the file is 600 MB. SIX HUNDRED MEGABYTES.) I'm pretty stoked, and have all my fingers and toes crossed that adventure games on the DS is not a mere flash in the pan.

Weird, I was planning on picking this up for the PC someday. Maybe I'll look into this version also then. If those screenshots are indicative of what's to come, then that looks pretty damn good on the DS.

bread's done
Back