Secret Revolution Info

OMG

//edit: what is this a video about? I mean, my jaw's sitting here hanging open, and I'm not sure what the video is for.. Nintendo's new console or something?

[quote name='balzak520']www.t-immersion.com ?

not really revolution info :([/quote]

They will provide the gyroscope tech. for N21... and if you listen closely enough, they mention Revolution a few times.

(ne vous inquiétez pas)

A man driving a car through a course...a course that is actually on a table in front of him, projected onto the TV with a camera, and he's driving a car around it...but the car actually interacts with the real objects, including being pushed by a moving door-thing and going behind objects as if it were there...amazing looking

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef']aaahhhh, its not working, even with that media player classic!!!!
What is it!?!?!??[/quote]

Uh, yeah it does. I watched it through MPC.

I watched it, but it was all choppy and made little to no sense.

It seemed like a guy playing around with holograms, but really the whole thing was happening on his computer monitor and he was in a room much like the one screen, sans the holograms of course. Though I could be wrong.

Could someone do me and everyone else who couldn't get the video to work properly a favor and just write a description of what the hell that was?

What i already posted:
A man driving a car through a course...a course that is actually on a table in front of him, projected onto the TV with a camera, and he's driving a car around it...but the car actually interacts with the real objects, including being pushed by a moving door-thing and going behind objects as if it were there...amazing looking

and to add to that, it more or less a VR object interacting with real life objects. Not a hologram, but more or less an eye toy mixed with motion sensors

If Nintendo's Revolution uses this technology, just think of the possibilities.

We could have some truly amazing games.

Besides...give it time. Everyone thought the DS would fail miserably when it was first announced; it hasn't quite done that. Let the Revolution have time to develop...

That video just bored me, and had nothing to do with Nintendo, sorry. Although it would be cool playing Mario Kart while the karts zoomed around your living room.

[quote name='Rig']Why won't the link work for me!?! :cry:[/quote]

Didn't work for me at first either, try right clicking the link and save target as to your hard drive, then try opening it from there. That's what got it to work for me.

Although it's not really worth all the trouble, IMO.

[quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Rig']Why won't the link work for me!?! :cry:[/quote]

Didn't work for me at first either, try right clicking the link and save target as to your hard drive, then try opening it from there. That's what got it to work for me.

Although it's not really worth all the trouble, IMO.[/quote]

Still doesn't work...anyone else? :(

Looks neat and fake at the same time.

This is new tech, and rumours have started that Nintendo is using old tech in a new way.

[quote name='David85']Looks neat and fake at the same time.

This is new tech, and rumours have started that Nintendo is using old tech in a new way.[/quote]

All of that is tech that has been around for years...and this would be using those in a new way. Digital cameras, motion sensors, a controller...all old tech

i know some french but im stuck on a dial up connection so i probably wont be able to watch it.

wont even load the video. stupid dial up.

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Rig']Why won't the link work for me!?! :cry:[/quote]

Still doesn't work...anyone else? :([/quote]

(Really wants to see this...) Anybody?

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Rig']Why won't the link work for me!?! :cry:[/quote]

(Really wants to see this...) Anybody?[/quote]

If you get on AIM, I can send you the file. Or e-mail it. Whichever.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='Zman310'][quote name='Rig']Why won't the link work for me!?! :cry:[/quote]

(Really wants to see this...) Anybody?[/quote]

If you get on AIM, I can send you the file. Or e-mail it. Whichever.[/quote]

Thanks! :D Getting ready to watch this now...

[quote name='dmpolska'][quote name='balzak520']www.t-immersion.com ?

not really revolution info :([/quote]

They will provide the gyroscope tech. for N21... and if you listen closely enough, they mention Revolution a few times.

(ne vous inquiétez pas)[/quote]

Did they say Nintendo Revolution though? I could imagine him simply saying Revolution for multimedia in general, not necessarily for Nintendo's next system. Does anyone speak good good french on here?

[quote name='guyver2077']what the hell does that video have to do with nintendo??[/quote]

I concur. Pretty cool though.

I've always wondered what it would be like to have virtual reality gaming. Imagine Silent Hill or Resident Evil.

i mean its cool, but i just dont see anything that screams nintendo, and that conference video makes me even more skeptical. plus that controller doesnt really look like a nintendo one, i suppose it could be. in any case it is pretty cool, but can someone explain why this would be tied to the revolution or 21 or whatever the hell you want to call it.

This is awesome stuff. Remember that Nintendo was working on a new camera peripheral for the GCN? Or what about the perspective patent they filed a few weeks back? Oh, the possibilities... :bouncy:

I heard the word car a lot in that video. It's interesting, but damn if Nintendo really used something like that mmm I can't wait to see the final product.

[quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='Ugamer_X']http://www.demo.com/demo/demonstrators/2004/video/total.asx

:wink:[/quote]

Holy shit.[/quote]

IF...if this IS what nintendo is incorporating into the Revolution...well, they apparently have a damn good reason for calling it Revolution.

That video was amazing...

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='Ugamer_X']http://www.demo.com/demo/demonstrators/2004/video/total.asx

:wink:[/quote]

Holy shit.[/quote]

IF...if this IS what nintendo is incorporating into the Revolution...well, they apparently have a damn good reason for calling it Revolution.

That video was amazing...[/quote]

God, I am speechless. Whether Nintendo is using it or not, that is some really amazing technology.

bread's done
Back