secretvampire's Collection and Setup - UPDATED 1/15/2006 (56k beware!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy ing hand grenage of Antioch! I'll bet you paid about $150 for everything right? Right? ... right?

Closer to $250. ;) But seriously, I have bought so many of these games on the cheap and through trades and deals and such over a 4-5 year period, I've only paid a fraction of what they're worth.

Thanks again for all the positive comments guys. I actually need to take new pics of my PC games since I've gotten them all unpacked and also made some new aquisitions of vintage stuff, including most of the Ultima collection...some of the finest RPGs ever made.

Just one request? Unhook your unused consoles, all those wires really take away some of the beauty.

Well, there's just nothing I can do about the wires. The whole point of having the switchers are that any of my consoles are ready to play when I want...and I do play all of them. The wires aren't nearly as noticeable in person.

But I can imagine the horror of all those wires in the back!

But yes, I'll be the first to admit it is a HUGE mess back there. There is just no way to manage it well...

NEO GEO !!! :applause::applause: how much did that cost you? also I love your snes games i owned only 3 of games that you had .. and i let my couzins borrow them and they traded it :bomb: o well props on the collection also I like your PS2 collection :bouncy:

NEO GEO !!! how much did that cost you? also I love your snes games i owned only 3 of games that you had .. and i let my couzins borrow them and they traded it o well props on the collection also I like your PS2 collection

Don't ask on the Neo Geo, I try not to think about it myself. ;) That's probably the one part of my gaming collection that truly was NOT cheap ass. I'm about to buy some good MVS games for it and put them in shockboxes with custom covers that people have made, there are some BEAUTIFUL ones out there.

Thanks for your kind comments (and never let anybody beyond a trusted best friend borrow your stuff). :)

I wish there was a little forum here dedicated to posting peoples collections and setups (collections with pictures, not lists).

i thought the baskets were ingenius

I'll admit I'm a bit proud of those. Found them at The Container Store and they were a little bit more than I wanted to spend but they just fit so perfectly and matched. The zip ties holding them on are almost invisible.

It's been almost six months since I took the original pics and I have added all kinds of games and hardware, so the OP has been updated with new pics! This should be obsolete by later this week. ;)

I had no idea that Panzer Dragoon Saga, the game that many gamers jizz over, had such a boring and ugly cover. :whistle2:#

I had no idea that Panzer Dragoon Saga, the game that many gamers jizz over, had such a boring and ugly cover.
Yeah, it's not that much to look at, is it? Seems like the US companies screw up the original artwork 90% of the time. GREAT game though.

I like your Saturn Collection and Sega CD collection. I missed put on those myself, although I did get to play them I can attest that having them in your collection to play at any time must be pretty cool.

Stands up and applauses. Beautiful collection. Good thing you have such an understanding wife. I have to keep most of my collection in storage.

Whoa, back from the dead. Thanks for the compliments guys. Once again, the pics are now out of date as I added a bunch of games to my collection during the latest Gamecrazy sale and also some NGPC and VB stuff.

Great collection dude.I too have amassed a huge collection and have paid a near fraction of what its worth.I LOVE CHEAP ASS GAMER>
Dillon

nice set up i like the shelves u gotta clean the cords up some tho hide them better.
Give me some suggestions...I see NO WAY to do anything about the cords without buying some absolutely riduclously priced A/V rack, like a $1000 one.

I cant believe you have a Q! I WANT ONE Impressive!!!
It's pretty badass. I actually had an extra one that I sold to another CAGer.

complete ninja gaiden trilogy is perhaps most impressive. makes my collection look like a butt, but i suppose i have something to strive for. also, i might have missed if anyone asked, but what do you do for a living?

I was thinking about the cords since I am in a similar situation. What I am thinking is: take like a PVC tube, one with a large diameter, paint it black(or whatever color) and mount it on the back of the stand, now pull the wires to the side where the tube is mounted and pull the wires through the tube.

Here I played around in paint.

Before:

Before.JPG

After:
after.JPG

Just a quick idea I had.

complete ninja gaiden trilogy is perhaps most impressive. makes my collection look like a butt, but i suppose i have something to strive for. also, i might have missed if anyone asked, but what do you do for a living?

Computer programmer / entrepreneur. The last two years have actually been pretty shitty business-wise. Honestly, I don't make as much as you think, I just get cheap-ass deals on a lot of this stuff and do a lot of trading, buying, and selling.

I was thinking about the cords since I am in a similar situation. What I am thinking is: take like a PVC tube, one with a large diameter, paint it black(or whatever color) and mount it on the back of the stand, now pull the wires to the side where the tube is mounted and pull the wires through the tube.

In theory, that would work. In reality, though, a lot of the cords aren't long enough to work out that great. Some (power cords) have large power packs in the middle. Also, some would have to enter and exit at places besides the bottom (the cords going to the switchers) which would be a BITCH to re-arrange once you have everything threaded through there. You'd have to be careful to conceal the PVC decently too or it might wind up looking kinda ghetto.

Truly, the best (though not cheap ass) solution is a high-end rack with cable management options built into it. Pricey, pricey.

[quote name='secretvampire']
In theory, that would work. In reality, though, a lot of the cords aren't long enough to work out that great. Some (power cords) have large power packs in the middle. Also, some would have to enter and exit at places besides the bottom (the cords going to the switchers) which would be a BITCH to re-arrange once you have everything threaded through there. You'd have to be careful to conceal the PVC decently too or it might wind up looking kinda ghetto.[/QUOTE]

I forgot to fact in the power cords with the bricks in the middle. I didn't factor in the switchers as I could not tell you had any/didn't think about it. I'm sure there is a cheaper way to rearrange your cords to make the pleasing to the eyes. I'll continue to brainstorm!

I forgot to fact in the power cords with the bricks in the middle. I didn't factor in the switchers as I could not tell you had any/didn't think about it. I'm sure there is a cheaper way to rearrange your cords to make the pleasing to the eyes. I'll continue to brainstorm!
Hahah...I'm sure you are right. My wife and I are going to have to move in the next few months which is going to mean taking ALL of this shit apart and putting it back together anyway, so maybe I'll tackle it then. I shudder to think of boxing my games/CDs/DVDs up again, but I've done it before and I'll get through it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back