Seems like game are slowing down?

Does it seem like the past couple of months to now have been pretty bland and mediocre (except GTA V of course).

Are games for ps3 slowing down for the ps4?

When will ps3 games stop being released/made?

Thx

You'll see a slight increase in games coming out in November and December I'm sure but you don't see a lot of new releases in September/October because it's too close to the Holiday season. That Holiday season is where people like to launch their games, so they're shiny and new for everyone on X-Mas.

To answer the other question, I think games will still be made for at least a couple more years. They were still making ps2 games until a few years ago (I know PS2 had crazy sales).

News outlets have been slow too, no new news to report but the utter lack of video and/or hands on impressions of next gen titles is still surprising to me.  There should be a flood of news in a week or two--I'm eager to see how different gaming news outlets handle multiple reviews of the same game across systems.

So many titles coming in less than a month...gotta be patient and try not to think about it!

It's like this all the time. We've had slumps in the summer, spring, winter, etc. The next gen consoles may have something to do with it, but we'll be seeing a nice amount of games for current gen consoles. The PS3 should be getting a decent amount. 

We've had slumps like this a lot in the past, and even before new consoles were announced. 

The only PS3 first party title on the horizon that I can think of is GT6.  I'm sure there will be several great third party releases over the next couple of years but I wouldn't hold my breath for any first party exclusives.

bread's done
Back