Sega CD Help!

kburns10

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
Hey guys! This is my first thread started on this site, so I hope I posted in the right spot. I am interested in playing Sonic CD again and I no longer have the PC version or the Gems Collection on Gamecube (I sold my Wii a few years back). I would like to find a cheap Sega CD and Sonic CD, but I know nothing about it (I've always had the stand-alone Genesis 2 model). Can anyone answer a few questions for me?

1. Does the Sega CD have any separate cords or cables needed to play other than attaching it to the Genesis? This will factor into what I buy (especially if I go the Ebay route).

2. Besides Ebay, is anyone selling one or know where I could get a good deal on one?

3. My girlfriend wants to buy a Gamecube for herself soon. Should I just get the Gems collection again or is it worth it to have the original Sega CD and game?

Thanks for the help guys!

1. It has its own power cord

2. Flea Markets. BUT, they hardly ever work. I got all excited over finally finding a model 1 CD & a CDX, however, both disc motors were busted.

3. Yes, Gems collection is the better option, and a GC with Gems will probably be cheaper than a Sega CD setup

That said, Sonic CD is one of the best games ever!

It's probably cheaper and easier to get a Gamecube w/ Sonic Gems Collection rather than hunting down a Sega CD system.

I've always wanted to find a working Sega CD. Mostly for collection purposes, but also because I want to play some Sega CD Lunar. (Not an emulator...)

bread's done
Back