SEGA Genesis 20th Anniversary

I celebrated by finally buying Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. Been playing it all evening, it really brings me back.

I remember when the Genesis came out and Sonic the Hedgehog. I used to beg my mom to buy it for me. I used to say "Please Mom! I'll never ask you to buy me another videogame system or videogame ever again!"

Yeah right. :)

Back in the day, I asked my mom if she would buy me a Genesis. I tried to justify it by saying it came with Sonic The Hedgehog. She slapped me and sent me to my room. Apparently, to my mom, "Can we get a Sega Genesis with Sonic The Hedgehog" sounds a lot like "Can we get a Sega Genesis, you son of a bitch?"

:cry: True story.

So many good memories of the Genesis, and even more for the Dreamcast. Sure, Sega failed too many times, but they knew how to work the magic for a while at least.

Anyone else find it retarded how Sega acknowledges the Genesis' birthday yet says they won't do anything for Dreamcast's?

Sigh... Forgotten Worlds was a big gaming moment/purchase for me. Every now and again I get the urge for a little Zenny collecting.

[quote name='Tsukento']Anyone else find it retarded how Sega acknowledges the Genesis' birthday yet says they won't do anything for Dreamcast's?[/QUOTE]

Even if they don't, I'm going to. I'm gonna play my DC all day.

There's gonna be a celebration thread, right? I'd love to post some of my DC memories.

bread's done
Back