SEGA GENESIS AIMED AT BLACK KIDS??? (Video)

My best friend in high school and I had a conversation about this in like 1994 and our conclusion revolved around what company/system kids referenced when talking about console games.

In short, black kids said, "Sega", white kids said, "Nintendo".

I saw the title and immediately realized that... well... yeah. The Genesis has a ton of crappy sports games, and who plays those?

Last edited by a moderator:
theres exceptions to every rule. when the genesis first came ou tth eonly guy i knew who had one was the only white kid in my neighborhood while everyone else had an nes or snes. after the system had been out a while i noticed more people had a genesis, myself included, but i got it for everything but sports games ( sonic, streets of rage, rastan , chakan) the only sports game i ever tried and kinda liked was joe montana and im not sure what year it was.

he made some good points though and the video would have been awesome if he could deliver his jokes better. as far as the sound goes i always thought sega had better sound quality which is why their music sounded better where snes had better graphic quality.

I didn't know any black kids with a Genesis. I had one along with most of my friends. Then again, at my school we had one black kid for every 25 or 30 whites, so I guess that's an expected outcome.

[quote name='thegreek']No way, Super Nes had a far superior sound card.[/QUOTE]

Hardware is secondary to what is done with the hardware.

The SNES seemed to do symphonic stuff better and the goofy upbeat Mario music (for lack of a better term). The Genesis usually excelled at music that was more rock oriented.

I don't remember 16-bit games costing anywhere near that much, other than Super Street Fighter 2 when it first came out...
Maybe the CAG was strong within me as a kid but I honestly don't remember ever paying more than $30 for a game back then.

There were no black kids in my neighborhood where I grew up, so I wouldn't know ;-) Funny video...

I was a TG16/duo fan, so what does that make me???... but I did have an SNES for SF2 and other mainstream games... didn't have a Genesis... that probably makes me a racist :whistle2:(

I remember Genesis games being expensive pretty expensive as a kid. I think I paid toys r us $79.99 for vectorman on launch date.

Sonic = The United States of America
Robotnik = The Soviet Union

I had one black friend that had a Genesis. Also, maybe I'm wrong, but Sony = Sega for this argument?

bread's done
Back