Sega genesis aimed at black kids???

Tapped out at 2 minutes. If he spoke any slower I would have fallen asleep.

#1 Black people like sports games. I guess non-black people dont?

#2 Sonic the Hedgehog looks like Busta Rhymes. Non black people dont like Busta?

:roll:

[quote name='KneeKnee']Tapped out at 2 minutes. If he spoke any slower I would have fallen asleep.

#1 Black people like sports games. I guess non-black people dont?

#2 Sonic the Hedgehog looks like Busta Rhymes. Non black people dont like Busta?

:roll:[/QUOTE]

If you can't watch the whole video don't even comment.

I think I've seen something else by this guy... I'm pretty sure that's just his joke style.

This comment also seems to affirm that he wasn't serious.
I'm glad you guys enjoyed this video. Iwas afraid it might be Drtre humor...aka only funny to me lol :)"

I don't see anything wrong with marketing to a certain demographic.

I don't recall ever noticing Sega Genesis games being $10 cheaper than Super Nintendo games. Also, I don't think buying cheaper games means you're poor.

I'm sure blast processing was aimed at everyone. I think there should have be a parody of this where Super Nintendo is aimed at brown kids or Atari's 16-bit system aimed at white kids. lol

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I don't see anything wrong with marketing to a certain demographic.

I don't recall ever noticing Sega Genesis games being $10 cheaper than Super Nintendo games. Also, I don't think buying cheaper games means you're poor.

I'm sure blast processing was aimed at everyone. I think there should have be a parody of this where Super Nintendo is aimed at brown kids or Atari's 16-bit system aimed at white kids. lol[/QUOTE]

everything that sega did with the genesis was to say it's loud, obnoxious and unconformative [sort of anti adult or rebellish attitude]. look at the commercial here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K03fQKkN7VI . no where does it say black. even worse is the use of a race car, which is a white thing.

if a game was cheaper, it certainly didn't mean you were poor. what it meant was that the game was on sale, bad game, or that it's an old game. what i remember correctly, the newer games were often the expensive ones because they were new. but the cheap ones were cheap because they were old, bad or on sale. no one looked at you if you bought a cheap game as if you were poor because games were expensive [remember that cartridges range from $10-$100]. so the fact that you bought games, either cheap or expensive meant you had some money.

if it's marketing than you can't really point fingers. marketing to a demographic might mean that the company is having a hard time reaching certain markets. so what they do then is have commercials and advertisements to show the product and what it can do and what it offers to you if you bought it and so and so.

this sort of feels like casuals vs hardcore, which doesn't exist in the first place. it's all just in your head!

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I don't recall ever noticing Sega Genesis games being $10 cheaper than Super Nintendo games.[/QUOTE]
Genesis games were usually $10-$20 more than SNES games, which is why I never ended up getting one. I simply couldn't justify spending $80-$100 on most of those games.

bread's done
Back