SEGA Genesis Firecore System w/ 20 Games $25 at Buy

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
This is one system I've been wanting to pick up

Link

212208382.jpg

Again, you're stressing too much on the part about the Sonic games and completely forgetting this compilation involves non-Sonic Genesis titles. You're becoming incredibly butthurt over something that's merely a minor inconvenience at best.

If it was strictly a Sonic compilation and it did that, THEN you could complain as much as you want. But the fact of the matter is, it's a Sega Genesis compilation. Not a Sonic one. Some of the games on the compilation haven't been compiled before. Sonic has several times. And it's going to happen again on the DS.

Yeah, the collection gets trashed because of the lack of Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I think Sega could have minimized this by calling it Sega's Ultimate Genesis Collection like they originally planned, but it still would have been an issue.

That said, the compilation is great for my purposes. Games like Dynamite Headdy, Ristar, Phantasy Star 2 and 4, Shining Force 2 and the Streets of Rage games are still fun today. I'm actually more pissed about the exclusion of Gunstar Heroes. Why? Was Altered Beast really a better option?

[quote name='Tsukento']Seriously, aside from the lack of connectivity, there's nothing wrong with a compilation of Genesis titles for $20 that includes all four original Phantasy Star titles and both Shining Force titles.[/QUOTE]

This. What a great deal that collection is. One of the best values in gaming this year. Anyone calling it anything but that should be booted out of CAG immediately.

[quote name='Tsukento']Again, you're stressing too much on the part about the Sonic games and completely forgetting this compilation involves non-Sonic Genesis titles. You're becoming incredibly butthurt over something that's merely a minor inconvenience at best.

If it was strictly a Sonic compilation and it did that, THEN you could complain as much as you want. But the fact of the matter is, it's a Sega Genesis compilation. Not a Sonic one. Some of the games on the compilation haven't been compiled before. Sonic has several times. And it's going to happen again on the DS.[/QUOTE]

Paste a ROM.

Paste a ROM.

Paste a ROM.

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

That's all they had to do. I know there are lots of other great games on the collection, but not pasting that ROM into that collection is an assault on everybody who grew up playing Sonic games. There's nothing "Ultimate" about it, and the people who made it don't deserve a dime.

I know it's less about being a Sonic collection and more of a SEGA collection, but there was absolutely no excuse. No excuse at all. And, honestly, their official excuse for not putting in the locked-on games was so loaded with PR spin lies that my case against the Ultimate collection is that much more justified. It's a damn shame that they could actually release a piece of garbage like it.

Dude take a chill pill. Seriously.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Paste a ROM.

Paste a ROM.

Paste a ROM.

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

That's all they had to do. I know there are lots of other great games on the collection, but not pasting that ROM into that collection is an assault on everybody who grew up playing Sonic games. There's nothing "Ultimate" about it, and the people who made it don't deserve a dime.

I know it's less about being a Sonic collection and more of a SEGA collection, but there was absolutely no excuse. No excuse at all. And, honestly, their official excuse for not putting in the locked-on games was so loaded with PR spin lies that my case against the Ultimate collection is that much more justified. It's a damn shame that they could actually release a piece of garbage like it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Purkeynator']Dude take a chill pill. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

I will not! Back when I was in elementary school, lock-on technology was the coolest thing ever! In addition to that, the final two Sonic games are neutered when separated, and not including Sonic 2 and Knuckles just smacks of incompleteness. It would have taken them five minutes to do it, but they didn't even have the common courtesy to do that. It's trash.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wouldn't a big Sonic fan already own a Genesis and the game carts? Thus, not caring one bit if they "screwed up" the Ultimate Genesis Collection?[/QUOTE]

Don't get all smart on me.

i think sonic genesis collection has every single one of those games. if it is missing any it makes up for it in the extras it includes (phantasy star anyone?)

[quote name='Chuplayer']It's a damn shame that they could actually release a piece of garbage like it.[/QUOTE]
You're an idiot. Seriously. Not having lock-on is a MINOR problem and it most certainly doesn't make the set "garbage." Quit being such a fucking baby and just buy Sonic Mega Collection if it bothers you that much.

We, on the other hand, will be enjoying the vast majority of other games included on the set.

[quote name='grumpier']I wonder if this is even legit? I mean does Sega get any money from this?[/QUOTE]
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ent-of-handheld-and-plug-into-the-telly-games

Yep. It's legit.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']wouldn't a big sonic fan already own a genesis and the game carts? Thus, not caring one bit if they "screwed up" the ultimate genesis collection?[/quote]

this :applause:

[quote name='Tsukento']You're an idiot. Seriously. Not having lock-on is a MINOR problem and it most certainly doesn't make the set "garbage." Quit being such a fucking baby and just buy Sonic Mega Collection if it bothers you that much.[/quote]

It's a major problem, and it wreaks of carelessness.

We, on the other hand, will be enjoying the vast majority of other games included on the set.

I, on the other hand, am glad I have owned the original cartridges since the 90s.

Having now owning one, I have not had a single problem with sound. I didn't try the installed games, mind you, but all Genesis games I have and recently bought play great and even don't look too bad on my HDTV. Haven't had a single problem, glad I picked this up.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Having now owning one, I have not had a single problem with sound. I didn't try the installed games, mind you, but all Genesis games I have and recently bought play great and even don't look too bad on my HDTV. Haven't had a single problem, glad I picked this up.[/QUOTE]
I've compared the sound of someone popping in Street Fighter II Championship Edition into the Firecore and an emulator. The Firecore one is still noticeably different.

[quote name='nietzsche74']This has Crackdown on it? WTF??????????????[/QUOTE]
Crack Down, actually. A different game from the one on the 360. :p

[quote name='Chuplayer']It's a major problem, and it wreaks of carelessness.

I, on the other hand, am glad I have owned the original cartridges since the 90s.[/QUOTE]

You could stop posting. That way, everybody wins.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I, on the other hand, am glad I have owned the original cartridges since the 90s.[/QUOTE]
Then you're in no position to complain. At all.

[quote name='Tsukento']I've compared the sound of someone popping in Street Fighter II Championship Edition into the Firecore and an emulator. The Firecore one is still noticeably different.

Crack Down, actually. A different game from the one on the 360. :p[/QUOTE]

Oh dear God, anything but the popping sound! Is it really that big of a deal? Like I said, I haven't had any noticeable problems with any games thus-far. If I do run into something, I will post it, but on the 16+ games I tested, none of them had any problems or noticeable differences. These are games I grew up on and played non-stop, so I'd definitely notice any glaring differences.

That lock on technology, I remember when it first game out but had totally forgotten about it.

Reading that link lead me to the conclusion that... damn dude, you need to not go apeshit over something so trivial.

Loves when people complain just for the sake of complaining. But anyhow, has anyone mentioned that if you download Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 2 and/or 3 through XBOX Live Arcade, "lock on technology" becomes an unlocked feature.

P.S. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is great nonetheless

[quote name='errdizz']Loves when people complain just for the sake of complaining. But anyhow, has anyone mentioned that if you download Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 2 and/or 3 through XBOX Live Arcade, "lock on technology" becomes an unlocked feature.

P.S. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is great nonetheless[/QUOTE]

Its a great package but without lockon I cant really call it "Sonic's Ultimate" ;)

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Oh dear God, anything but the popping sound! Is it really that big of a deal? Like I said, I haven't had any noticeable problems with any games thus-far. If I do run into something, I will post it, but on the 16+ games I tested, none of them had any problems or noticeable differences. These are games I grew up on and played non-stop, so I'd definitely notice any glaring differences.[/QUOTE]
Dude...

[youtube]rtjLGCK1ydI[/youtube]
These songs are HORRIBLY out of tune. It's extremely noticeable with Sonic and Streets of Rage.

Also, while that's footage of the RetroGen, it's pretty much the same thing as the Firecore.

[quote name='Tsukento']Dude...

[youtube]rtjLGCK1ydI[/youtube]
These songs are HORRIBLY out of tune. It's extremely noticeable with Sonic and Streets of Rage.

Also, while that's footage of the RetroGen, it's pretty much the same thing as the Firecore.[/QUOTE]

Not the Firecore. Find it sounding bad on the Firecore, and I'll have no counter-defense to your argument.

RetroGen is made by the same company that made the Firecore: Innex. The difference is that the RetroGen is a portable Genesis, whereas the Firecore Genesis is a home version.

[quote name='WanderingAesir']I think the firecore and the retrogen have the same innards, and thus the same abilities.[/QUOTE]

Oldskoolfool owns dascheap.com and dasreviews.com :bomb:

Be wary :cry:...

bread's done
Back