Sega Rally Revo (360) $21.94 at Amazon

Thanks Cheapy, time to get my $11 back, I paid $34 for it a couple of weeks ago.

I think Sega Rally is well worth $23, it's a really fun driving game, the online races run very nicely as well although it is a bit basic.

I'd reccomend it to anyone who likes arcade style racing games.

Oooooh, I know it's supposed to suck in many regards, but I loved it on Saturn and have been waiting for it to drop...

It's Sega Rally, It's an Arcade Rally game, it's not supposed to be a sim. If you liked Sega Rally on Saturn and DC than you'll like this one. Definitely worth $23 in my book.

Not that I need another game, but I just ordered it. I'm taking the reviews from this thread that it is an arcadey racer, which I like.

I hated Sega Rally because the cars handle like hovercraft, requiring invisible walls to hold you on the track; the environmental details (like plane overflights) are totally scripted; there is absolutely no options to do any setup of the cars beyond auto or manual transmissions; and you can't advance until you rack up enough points and you only get those by running the same races over and over and over and over until you finish high enough to advance. Making this worse is the cheating AI which leaves you in the dust at the start and then has cars that handle better than yours every time.

How do I know that the AI cheats? There is a Secret Achievement that I unlocked for being in the lead by the end of the first lap? WTF?!? Being in the lead is an achievement? Only if the game is geared to make it extremely difficult to accomplish in the first place. If you want FUN rally action, get DiRT.

The demo was fairly decent, but I would definitely buy this if it was this price for the PS3 version. Oh well.

Any word if the PS3 version is getting a patch for rumble? (I doubt it since Sega disbanded the studio who made the game but you never know if maybe they did it before they were shut down)

I was about to post the deal, glad I searched the forums first!!

Just bought it!! If you want a good filler for free shipping, I picked up the pilot episode of the Dukes of Hazzard for $2.99.........

Daisy Duke.........YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!!!!

WTF? The PS3 version is close to 3x the cost of the 360 version & when I searched for the PS3 version, I saw DiRt in the search results was $10 less on 360 as well. Why is Amazon giving PS3 owners the shaft on game prices?

Went back up to $59.99 tonight. :(

I was all set to order it tomorrow once my credit card cycled. Oh well, I can't imagine it's selling so well that it won't be this cheap again soon.

[quote name='jrutz']Now down to $21.94[/quote]

Great Price. Im a sucker for racing games. Ordered today with Advance Wars Ruins.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Great Price. Im a sucker for racing games. Ordered today with Advance Wars Ruins.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same thing I did... glad it dropped right back down (and a little lower). :)

[quote name='DirkBelig']I hated Sega Rally because the cars handle like hovercraft, requiring invisible walls to hold you on the track; the environmental details (like plane overflights) are totally scripted; there is absolutely no options to do any setup of the cars beyond auto or manual transmissions; and you can't advance until you rack up enough points and you only get those by running the same races over and over and over and over until you finish high enough to advance. Making this worse is the cheating AI which leaves you in the dust at the start and then has cars that handle better than yours every time.

How do I know that the AI cheats? There is a Secret Achievement that I unlocked for being in the lead by the end of the first lap? WTF?!? Being in the lead is an achievement? Only if the game is geared to make it extremely difficult to accomplish in the first place. If you want FUN rally action, get DiRT.[/QUOTE]

As long as you don't just ram on the acceleration at the start of the race you can actually start just as fast as the AI cars (maybe even faster). Even if you don't learn how to start of the line right you should still be able to be in first after the first lap in almost every race. I found that driving in the hood view seemed to get rid of any control problems (its the view I prefer in any racing game though so that worked out well for me) the controls did seem floaty in the third person view though. Sure there are invisible walls but it is an arcade racer so I don't see much of a problem with that.

I do not play that many racing games but I did not find Sega Rally to be that hard except for a select number of races throughout the championships. I don't think the AI cheats I think they drive well but not perfect. I personally thought it was a great game.

I got it, and let me say one thing. This game is AWESOME!! Yes, there is no damage model. and yes there are invisible "Rails" but beyond that you an excellent racing game. The graphics are insane, and the gameplay is excellent!! Once you get use to the cars (takes a race or two depending on your skill) this game is great, period.

A steal at this price!! 9.2 out of 10

Got my copy yesterday, so far I still think it handles a bit too loose, even for Sega Rally, but it seems a bit better than the demo, which was fairly uncontrollable. and I got my price adjusted for the whole $1.10 difference! ;)

That all said, this is a great price for the game. I still think it could've been a LOT better of a game but I feel better only paying a hair over $20 for it.

I hate to be that guy, but this game isn't by the same studios that brought you silky smooth 60 fps Sega Rally games in the past (AM3, AM5). Don't expect it to be the same kind of Sega Rally experience. I was pretty disappointed.

This is a good game, not as good as Sega Rally for the Saturn but good. Sega closed the SEGA Racing Studio and then it was sold to Codemasters. Wish they'd put out a new Daytona, but they never seemd to get that right after the Saturn version either.

I love how whenever a deal comes out for both systems, people always buy for 360. When a deal is 360 only, however, people always want the PS3 version to be cheap as well.

BTW, not only am i not a 360 fanboy, i'm more of a PS3 one. This is just an observatino that i've found to be true. What do i know (rhetorical)?

bread's done
Back