Sega saturn light gun - NEW question (see last posts)

t_the_wizard

CAG Veteran
I just brought my Sega Saturn out of hiding. When I turn it on I get the Set language screen and cannot move on from there. I changed the battery and still have this problem. I only have a light controller and no regular ones.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE.

thanks

Are you sure the battery is good? Try another battery, but before you turn the console on, hit the blue reset button (inside next to the battery carriage) and then try again.

I bought a 2-pack of brand new batteries, same make and model as one inside the console, and I have tried pressing the blue reset button. UGH!

You mean it keeps getting literally stuck there or that it keeps showing the language screen every time?

Try another controller if you can't move the cursor or get any kind of input.

Even when the batteries are dead, it should let you select the language, time and soforth. I think whatever you're trying to use for a controller's broken.

Hope it'll solve your problems. My Saturn had to have batteries replaced, but even then the worst it did was forget the date once it had been shut down. It should still work fine.

My Dreamcast is the same way. It never remembers anything, but using memory cards it's no big deal.

If you seriously get into Saturn games, I advise you pick up a memory cartridge or a Gameshark. Both will allow you to transfer save games from the system to the cartridge, so if your battery ever goes you won't lose your saves.

It was -so- irritating unlocking everything in Christmas NiGHTs when my original battery died. I keep backups of important saves in my Gameshark for that reason.

thanks, as I said I only have 2 light guns, but I just ordered 2 controllers via E-Bay.

Do you or anyone know if import games for Saturn work in US consoles.
I like the shooting games and wanted to get House of the Dead, but I can only see Japanese imports for it. I was wondering if it will still work in mine.

thanks again

[quote name='t_the_wizard']thanks, as I said I only have 2 light guns, but I just ordered 2 controllers via E-Bay.

Do you or anyone know if import games for Saturn work in US consoles.
I like the shooting games and wanted to get House of the Dead, but I can only see Japanese imports for it. I was wondering if it will still work in mine.

thanks again[/quote]
You will want to buy one of those 4-in-1 or 5-in-1 carts in order to play imports, unless you want to grab a mod chip. If you want a great deal of information I believe that GameFAQs still has a huge, insanely comprehensive Saturn doc on-hand that covers everything in regards to importing and modding. It's a bit old so it doesn't cover EVERYTHING but there are some choice pieces of info in there.

Also, I think NCSX still has those 5-in-1 and CD Keys available, although they're a bit pricey. Still, they can be a bit more available than over on eBay, sometimes cheaper too.

Also, you could try finding one of the old Saturn Gamesharks. Mine is purple label with the old-style robot shark. By holding the X, Y and Z buttons when loading a game, the Shark would load almost any Japanese of PAL Saturn game. Plus since it has the internal memory, you can backup the saves from the system as well.

The only game that the GS didn't want to load (aside from games requiring expansion cartridges) was Panzer Dragoon Saga, which loaded using the ST-Key.

thanks it works NOW..

New question,

My light guns don't work, the lights come on the side and the noise comes across the screen, but it doesn't shoot where it is pointed. Does anyone have any advice or do I have to buy new ones. I have 2 different ones and they both don't work.

[quote name='t_the_wizard']thanks it works NOW..

New question,

My light guns don't work, the lights come on the side and the noise comes across the screen, but it doesn't shoot where it is pointed. Does anyone have any advice or do I have to buy new ones. I have 2 different ones and they both don't work.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what you're using, but IIRC, light guns don't work with HDTVs.

bread's done
Back