Sega Saturn

burz88

CAGiversary!
I've come across this local ad on Craigslist..
""
I have a Sega Saturn video game system bundle with very rare games. The games list on Ebay are as follows:
1) Sonic Jam ( Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles) $43.00
2) Tempest 2000 $20.00
3) Nights Into Dreams $18.00
4) Clockwork Knight 2 (Very Rare) $22.00
5) Bug $12.00
6) Virtua Cop $3.00
7) Virtua Cop 2 $10.00
8) Daytona USA Champion Circuit Edition $9.00
9) Virtua Fighter 2 $5.00
The Saturn itself list for $40.00 in the condition mine is in. (Very Good)
These prices above are what Ebay lists for just the discs as pictured and the adapter plus the system.
And I have the one VERY RARE accessory for it a 6 Player Multi Adapter $30.00

The system comes complete with everything shown even the S-Video (yellow,red,white) cable Plug and Play.

Together this adds up over $212, but for today and today only I will sell it all for $75 Cash No Trades 567-938-7037 text only
""

I never owned any Sega systems, and am not familiar with the Saturn. Would this be worth buying?? The guy comes across kind of odd, but ehhh. Are those games any good, and are there other easily attained good games for the system? I'm tempted mostly because I have been getting into retro gaming again after picking up a NES and SNES recently. Any advice is appreciated.

Well scratch that idea. I texted him to see if he still had it, and he called me back instead of texting. He said he's got someone to give him $80 for it but that if I could pick it up tonight before midnight he would give it to me for $75 lol. He sounded super sketchy and just really out there. I'll be passing. Thanks for the reply detective, I youtubed some Saturn games and there appears to be some pretty cool looking titles.

Personally, I love my Sega Saturn to no end. If you ever get another chance to get one, I strongly suggest you do so. Games like Dragon Force, Shining Force III, Shining the Holy Ark, Albert Odyssey, X-men COTM, Panzer Dragoon Saga, make it so worth it. Plus loads of amazing imports as well. I hope ya get one sometime, you won't regret it.

[quote name='burz88']Well scratch that idea. I texted him to see if he still had it, and he called me back instead of texting. He said he's got someone to give him $80 for it but that if I could pick it up tonight before midnight he would give it to me for $75 lol. He sounded super sketchy and just really out there. I'll be passing. Thanks for the reply detective, I youtubed some Saturn games and there appears to be some pretty cool looking titles.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's a junkie looking to get a quick fix, in which case that would explain why you're getting a good deal... or it could explain why you get robbed and beaten if you go over there to buy it... hard to say...

Sega Saturn is a great system with quite a few good exclusives. Some that remain exclusive to it that are good:

Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Mr. Bones
Burning Rangers
Shining Force III
Shining the Holy Ark
Shining Wisdom
Albert Odysee
Magic Knight RayEarth
Astal
Clockwork Knight
Clockwork Knight 2
Fighters Megamix
Legend of Oasis
Virtua Fighter Kids
Keio Flying Squadron 2
Assault Suits Leynos 2

At the same time most multi-platform games were better on ps1.

[quote name='AllFrankedUp']I still have mine, and love it. Fire Pro Wrestling 6 Man Scramble 4 life![/QUOTE]

I bought my new Saturn for $2 at EB and spent like $70 getting 6 Man Scramble shipped to me. Great times!

I could never quite put my finger on why, but I always played my Saturn over the PS1 when they were going head to head. Graphics are not as good, but it just seemed like I had more fun with it.

Still have mine, but sold off most of the more rare games since I played through them many times. Panzer Dragoon Saga is still my favorite RPG based on when I played it.

The Sega Saturn was an awesome system and I still have mine to this day. Virtua Fighter is super awesome if you can also find someone that has the big ol' gamepads with the joysticks. Also as stated by sassylaurie, the Panzer Dragoon series was a favorite of mine as a kid.

bread's done
Back