Sega-splosion! (my Sega find today)

Cambot

CAGiversary!
I found these this afternoon at a Half Price Books on the way home from work today.

bag.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

$1.98 each. All are complete with books and applicable maps. They're also all pretty much mint condition - cleanest Sega CD cases I've ever found (small cracks on Pitfall case).

SEGA CD:

Android Assaut
Flashback
Dungeon Explorer
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure

Sega Genesis:

Elemental Master
Master of Monsters
Dragon's Fury
Space Harrier II
Power Monger
Outrun 2019
Dragon's Revenge
Starflight
Gemfire
Super Battleship
Steel Empire

Flashback was an interesting title, to say the least. It was one of only a few cel shaded Genesis games I recall. It was on BOTH the Genny and Sega CD. It was definitely a mix of action game and platformer, if you ask me.

It's one of about a dozen or so Genny titles I rebought from my former collection of 50-60+ which I traded away to get a PS1 back in the day.

Realy you liked flashback? I have heard it is crap, I got a copy with my Jaguar, so i sold it in a crappy game bundle on Ebay.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Realy you liked flashback? I have heard it is crap, I got a copy with my Jaguar, so i sold it in a crappy game bundle on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

I had Flashback back in the day for the Genesis and played though and liked it. It's pretty much a game that plays like Prince of Persia with a Sci-Fi theme. I still think the gameshow level is a cool idea even all of these years later. I lost my Genesis version but ended up buying a complete SNES version 10+ years ago at a rental place for $5 IIRC and even ended up buying Flashback again for the Genesis along with picking up the Sega CD version when I saw both of them cheap in the wild over the last few years.

Nice score. The games aren't really my cup of tea, but I NEVER see anything good at my half price books.

[quote name='cranguy']Steel Empire! Man, do I have some nostalgia for that game.[/quote]

Me too! I remember buying it on sale at KB Toys probably some time back in 1993 or 1994. I was even a cheap ass back then too. I think it was 10 bucks.

are they even wortth anything or just got it cause you liked them. i think i would of passed them all up... besides gemfire and exploer

I think there is few you list that i threw away last year (battleship being one)

[quote name='slidecage']are they even wortth anything or just got it cause you liked them. i think i would of passed them all up... besides gemfire and exploer

I think there is few you list that i threw away last year (battleship being one)[/quote]

I got them because I like video games. I had never heard of most of these and for $1.98 each, I can afford to give em a try.

Great find. Especially since a complete copy of Master of Monsters is easily worth most of what you paid for everything in that group of games.

bread's done
Back