Sega Superstars Tennis / XBOX Live Arcade Compilation (2 discs) $5

That's a really great price. Paid about $10 for the compilation disc alone when it first got packaged with the Arcade SKU. And despite the piss poor sales, the Sega tennis game is actually quite fun.

Good deal, Materkyo. If I didn't already have the arcade comp. I'd probably jump on it. May want to note in the title that this is a used item.

So that's what I didn't get w/ my Arcade. May swing by to pick this up tomorrow, but I'm not a big fan of buying used stuff at GS.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']That's a really great price. Paid about $10 for the compilation disc alone when it first got packaged with the Arcade SKU. And despite the piss poor sales, the Sega tennis game is actually quite fun.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was. It has an immense amount of nostalgic fan service(unlocking Gillius Thunderhead was a nice surprise). The themed mini games are awesome too though I wish they had a little something from Streets of Rage or something. The tennis itself works great it's just nothing you haven't seen before.

I got it free when I worked at CircuitCity from the Microsoft rep....but at $5 you can't go wrong at all. I'd recommend this even at $20 - Technically six or so games for next to nothing. Pac Man CE is amazing too!

[quote name='Nintendokid54']I tried using "SAVER" and it wont work... is there a limit to how much the game most cost or spend?[/QUOTE]

Need to spend at least $25

[quote name='Shimrra']Damn shame EB Games is selling it. If it was another company I would have jumped on it.[/QUOTE]
I just got a new copy on ebay for $1.50 +$4 shipping. I had the arcade games, but Sega Superstars Tennis is pretty sweet -- double if you're a Sega fan.

I just picked it up on a cheap B2G1 spending day. Arcade games alone are worth the price of admission. Haven't checked out the Tennis yet.

Picked up this game months ago at this price. The tennis is pretty bad, in my opinion, but paying $5 for Uno, Feeding Frenzy, and more is a wicked steal.

I actually already have the Sega Tennis game (the House of the Dead level was pretty funny). I'll try to look for this game as soon as I can, which will probably be on Friday or Saturday.

I purchased this from GameStop not too long ago. It's definitely a steal. I honestly thought the Sega Superstar Tennis game would be horrible and had no intentions on actually going through it, but to my surprise, it's a fun game and brought back some memories(jet set radio).

It's been this price for over two months now. Just saying. It's not really a deal, it's the normal every day price.

Nice! I was just on my way to the mall anyway and the GS at my mall has this in stock. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='hobbie8046']It's been this price for over two months now. Just saying. It's not really a deal, it's the normal every day price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was surprised so many people didn't know about it. I only got my 360 at the end of November and this was one my first $5 purchases. The compilation games would cost you like $20 alone on Live not to mention Tennis.

Went to pick this up in store... I wouldn't of picked this up if i didn't see it here on CAG... for a price of a meal this is a really good deal... :D

Dont want to zombie a thread but...

Take a look at the cases. I got my copy for $2 and some change due to them just labeling it as Sega Superstars Tennis and not the Combo pack.

They had a few copies labeled like that so for less then a arcade game...

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Do I need to put disc every time I want to play Uno?[/QUOTE]

Yep - it's the one drawback to getting arcade games on compilation disks.

My first 360 game purchase was Uno for 400 points and I thought it was very much worth it. This is a steal!

[quote name='fatboyjam']Yep - it's the one drawback to getting arcade games on compilation disks.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, which is why when Arcade Unplugged came out at $40, it wasn't much of a deal. But when you get can this compilation discs for like the price of one of the games, it's hard to pass up, despite the pain of having to have the disc in.

what a jip! so I took the advice of joshnorm in this thread and scoured at least 30 copies of this title for a misplaced $2.99 sticker..naturally, I only found 1 and the case was all busted, but it was clearly the two disc. Figured I could live w/ it and went to the counter. Clerk starts going thru the drawer, grabs the single disk only. I ask, "Isn't that supposed to come w/ two discs?" He said, "No" I said, "well clearly that is the 2-disc case, if it was taken in wrong shouldn't you sell it back out the same way?" He replied that whoever traded it in only gave them the disc and denied me, but kindly told me I could get the $5 one..yeah right!

I'll just wait for another B2G1 so many X360 titles now $8.99 and less I imagine I could put 3 together for $11. in fact, I'll make that my goal for the next one :lol:

[quote name='token2k6']what a jip! so I took the advice of joshnorm in this thread and scoured at least 30 copies of this title for a misplaced $2.99 sticker..naturally, I only found 1 and the case was all busted, but it was clearly the two disc. Figured I could live w/ it and went to the counter. Clerk starts going thru the drawer, grabs the single disk only. I ask, "Isn't that supposed to come w/ two discs?" He said, "No" I said, "well clearly that is the 2-disc case, if it was taken in wrong shouldn't you sell it back out the same way?" He replied that whoever traded it in only gave them the disc and denied me, but kindly told me I could get the $5 one..yeah right!

I'll just wait for another B2G1 so many X360 titles now $8.99 and less I imagine I could put 3 together for $11. in fact, I'll make that my goal for the next one :lol:[/QUOTE]

Seriously? :roll:

[quote name='token2k6']what a jip! so I took the advice of joshnorm in this thread and scoured at least 30 copies of this title for a misplaced $2.99 sticker..naturally, I only found 1 and the case was all busted, but it was clearly the two disc. Figured I could live w/ it and went to the counter. Clerk starts going thru the drawer, grabs the single disk only. I ask, "Isn't that supposed to come w/ two discs?" He said, "No" I said, "well clearly that is the 2-disc case, if it was taken in wrong shouldn't you sell it back out the same way?" He replied that whoever traded it in only gave them the disc and denied me, but kindly told me I could get the $5 one..yeah right!

I'll just wait for another B2G1 so many X360 titles now $8.99 and less I imagine I could put 3 together for $11. in fact, I'll make that my goal for the next one :lol:[/QUOTE]

How dare he. You should have burned that god damn store to the ground. I believe that'd be justifiable arson in the eyes of the law. Hurry up before the clerk forgets why you'd be doing it.

Wow, and I thought I was a CAG. :)

OMG guys, I didn't mean to start a riot, it really wasn't a matter of $3 vs $5, it was just trying to get them to honor the game the way they took it in in the system. Trust me, if you've ever worked at GS then you know there are titles like this (combos, two-disc sets, etc.) that the description is just off a little, so you take it under something different than what it is. This usually isn't a big deal if you can sell the game pretty quick or just know that is the deal when you're doing counts. I'm certain that somewhere in that drawer, there was a regular Tennis one w/ two discs..

I didn't intend to get bashed, I was just saying, I'm sure I can go to 3-4 more GS's, find one $2.99 and am 90% certain that I will actually get the 2-discs. Now, its just about the hunt, that's all!!

Saw this today and didn't bite b/c the store was too crowded to browse and read what games were in the compilation. Will probably go get tomorrow

Turns out it was a fire at the Outback Steakhouse next door that brought all the looky-loos

I got the tennis game at a closing Gamecrazy yesterday for $1. They also had the arcade disc for the same price. If you have a closing Gamecrazy near you and they are doing 80% off, they should almost certainly have these games.

Had to pick up a copy. Plenty at all of my local gamestops.
Great price, considering each XBOX Live game costs at least $5 each on the marketplace.

bread's done
Back