Sega's Mega Holiday Sale 2010 - PSN, XBLA, and iPhone - Begins 12/21, Ends 1/3

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/12/20/mega-holiday-sale-2010-starts-tonight/

The PSN games won't be on sale until Tuesday night when the store update occurs. XBLA seems like it'll be the only platform that won't get much until 12/30. I don't know when the iPhone stuff will drop, so somebody will have to post when that stuff is live.
└─═[ MEGA SALE HOLIDAY 2010 ]═─┐

This Holiday save up to 70% on over 20 SEGA games! Buy for yourself, or buy for a friend! The Sale starts tonight on December 21st and runs until January 3rd, details below, read on!

iPhone

Super Monkey Ball - $2.99 - $0.99
Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 - $2.99
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 - $2.99
Super Monkey Ball 2 - $2.99 - $0.99
Super Monkey Ball 2 Sakura Edition - $4.99 - $2.99
Sonic 4 Episode 1 - $6.99 - $2.99
Phantasy Star 2 - $2.99 - $0.99
ChuChu Rocket! - $2.99 - $0.99
ChuChu Rocket! HD - $4.99 - $2.99
Gunstar Heroes - $2.99 - $0.99
Altered Beast - $2.99 - $0.99

Xbox Live Arcade

Afterburner Climax - $10.00 - $5.00
Shhh, it’s a secret – no really – we can’t tell you – so check back on December 30th to see what we’ll be discounting!

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/12/30/xbox-live-arcade-mega-sale-games-revealed/

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG
→ Xbox Live Arcade price was $5.00 now $3.00 save 40% – Buy Now!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG2
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 3
SONIC & KNUCKLES
→ Xbox Live Arcade price was $3.00 now $1.50 save 50% – Buy Now!
SONIC 4 EPISODE 1
→ Xbox Live Arcade price was $15.00 now $10.00 save 33% – Buy Now!
SONIC ADVENTURE
→ Xbox Live Arcade price was $10.00 now $5.00 save 50% – Buy Now!
AFTER BURNER CLIMAX

PlayStation Network

Sonic Adventure - $9.99 - $4.99
Sonic Adventure DX - $4.99 - $1.99
Sonic 4 Episode 1 - $14.99 - $9.99
Gunstar Heroes - $4.99 - $2.99
Afterburner Climax - $9.99 - $4.99
PSP - Phantasy Star Portable 2 - $39.99 - $15.99
PSP - Sega Genesis Collection - $15.99 - $9.99
PSP - Valkyria Chronicles 2 - $39.99 - $15.99
PSP - Iron Man 2 - $19.99 - $15.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, I wanted Virtual On Oratorio Tangram to be on sale for XBLA. I've been wanting to get the upcoming Virtual On Force, but I'm pretty sure its going to be region locked.

For a second there I was like, "Oh, sweet, I'll pick up Sonic Adventure." Then I remembered I've owned the Gamecube version for two year. Why does my brain operate this way?

[quote name='giantqtipz']im still awake studying for a final. i checked the PS store and the deal aint up for VC2. what gives mama?? its almost 2:00pm in new york...[/QUOTE]
It would help if you read the OP:
The PSN games won't be on sale until Tuesday night when the store update occurs.

I'm hoping for Sonic 4 discounted on the 30th for 360. Sonic Adventure I got the original and the DX version for GC so I'm good on that

[quote name='MSUHitman']50% bonus promo ended on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Boooooo. :( Oh well, will probably still swap it out today.

I'll be getting Chu Chu for my girlfriend's iPod Touch. [wishful sarcasm] Ugh, if only this game could work on the iPod Nano [/wishful sarcasm].

[quote name='Drclaw411']I'm not buying Sonic 4 "episode 1". I'm waiting for all the "episodes" and buying it on the inevtable disc-based compilation.[/QUOTE]

Good call. Forgot this was episodic. I'll hold off unless this shows up for $5 at some point.

Hmm tempted to grab Sonic Adventure for 5 bucks.. isn't this version output in a 4:3 with boxes on the sides though? And how does the game preform on the ps3?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It would help if you read the OP:[/QUOTE]

Read? LOL. You know that people don't do that on forums, even more so on CAG. :roll:

[quote name='AwRy108']Read? LOL. You know that people don't do that on forums, even more so on CAG. :roll:[/QUOTE]

We don't type, revise, and spruce up OPs for our health. It's to provide a reservoir of information that people turn to before discussing the topic.

[quote name='Covnam']Might bite on the Valkyria Chronicles 2 offer, don't see why there's tax though :/[/QUOTE]

Largely, it depends on what state you're in. I'm in TN and they just recently started charging tax on PSN purchases.

I'm not too fond of the development either and will likely be a contributing factor as to why I purchase most multiplatform digital titles on XBOX 360. Don't get me wrong, I still like my PS3, but I will end up focusing on the exclusives now.

[quote name='fei33']Largely, it depends on what state you're in. I'm in TN and they just recently started charging tax on PSN purchases.

I'm not too fond of the development either and will likely be a contributing factor as to why I purchase most multiplatform digital titles on XBOX 360. Don't get me wrong, I still like my PS3, but I will end up focusing on the exclusives now.[/QUOTE]
I'm in Texas and quite a few online stores have begun charging tax this year as well - I keep wanting to say Gamersgate and GOG did. We should probably expect it from now on.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Dang, why so late for the 360? I'll have to set my phone to remind me, since I'm afraid I'll forget otherwise. :p[/QUOTE]
They're doing daily deals at the moment, so they probably have to wait to announce the next set of sales.

The XBLA games should be on sale soon if they aren't right now and Sega's posted the list:

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG2
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 3
SONIC & KNUCKLES
→ Xbox Live Arcade price was $3.00 now $1.50 save 50% – Buy Now!
SONIC 4 EPISODE 1
→ Xbox Live Arcade price was $15.00 now $10.00 save 33% – Buy Now!
SONIC ADVENTURE
AFTER BURNER CLIMAX
Since they're a daily deal, they're only available for today.

Bumping this up since it's the last day for you to get in on the PSN deals. Tonight's update will be when it ends at around 6-9 PM EST or so, so you've got plenty of warning if you've somehow ignored these deals for the past two weeks.

bread's done
Back