select Atlus DS games $12.82 at Walmart.com

I can't really stress enough how huge a improvement Izuna 2 is over the original. The core gameplay is the same, so if the first wasn't your thing this won't change anything, but they added like 5 new weapon types, expanded the roster from 1 playable character to probably over a dozen, added a ton of dungeons and towns and characters, ad fixed ALL of the dead ends that the original game generated for random dungeons.

[quote name='rothgar24']Any chance these are the B&M prices as well or is the website pricing separate? I don't shop at Walmart very often.[/quote]They're not the same prices at B&M.

Just set it up for a Ship-To-Store, and it's the same thing as getting it at the B&M store.

Site to Store IS NOT the same as buying it in the store. You have to go to a special register in the back of the store and wait for someone to find your order in the stock room which can be incredibly frustrating if you have limited time. I strongly recommend avoiding this option.

[quote name='cheeky']Site to Store IS NOT the same as buying it in the store. You have to go to a special register in the back of the store and wait for someone to find your order in the stock room which can be incredibly frustrating if you have limited time. I strongly recommend avoiding this option.[/quote]I've never had any issues with doing Site-To-Store and having it picked up in a few minutes.

If you'd like to pay the $3 shipping charges on it to avoid it, feel free. I'd rather take the time and save the money.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Doesn't it cost $29 to sign up for the site to store anyhow?! Well guess I'll avoid this for the time being.[/quote]No it doesn't. It's free of charge. I have no idea where you thought it was something that cost money to be able to send something to the store.

[quote name='rothgar24']Any chance these are the B&M prices as well or is the website pricing separate? I don't shop at Walmart very often.[/quote]
You'd be lucky to even find the games in the B&M store. I haven't seen any of these titles in my local walmart.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Doesn't it cost $29 to sign up for the site to store anyhow?! Well guess I'll avoid this for the time being.[/quote]

No, Site to Store is free.

Site to Store Express is $29.99.

;)

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']You'd be lucky to even find the games in the B&M store. I haven't seen any of these titles in my local walmart.[/quote] That's what I was thinking also. I hardly recall ever seeing said titles even once.

[quote name='manthing']No, Site to Store is free.

Site to Store Express is $29.99.

;)[/quote]

Oops...I overlooked that Express part.

[quote name='shrike4242']I've never had any issues with doing Site-To-Store and having it picked up in a few minutes. [/quote]

Depends on the store and who is working at the moment.

I've done it twice. The first time was slow but tolerable and the second took an eternity. For my local store, Site-To-Store is not a priority and it shows.

If you'd like to pay the $3 shipping charges on it to avoid it, feel free. I'd rather take the time and save the money.

Again, it depends [ooh, I think I just hurt myself there, advocating shipping costs. It's so un-CAG].

If your Wal-Mart isn't a special trip or out of the way and you can budget some time in the middle of other errands, then okay.

If you're hoping to just drop by Wal-Mart and be in and out in 10 minutes, you may be not only sorely disappointed, but angry and late to something as you stand all alone waiting for someone to a) help you, b) find the merchandise and then c) get the computer to recognize it.

How's Drone Tactics? I love the tactic-type games like Advance Wars, is it similar gameplay? That game has intrigued me for a while, but there was no way I was paying retail.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I don't suppose Wal-mart will Price match its own website?[/QUOTE]

Big huge NO.

anyways, good prices. too bad I already bought them a while back....

My boy has Drone Tactics and it is pretty decent -- it has 3 save slots so I gave it a spin a while ago. Not bad as far as a Turn Based Strategy game goes.

The maps are a lot smaller than an Age of Empires, but you can upgrade and customize your bug army. The bugs look really nice, and each has its own set of attack animations, all in rendered in 3-D on the 2nd screen when u select them. The map and and main play area are 2-D with simple 3-D terrain elements, and sprite based game pieces. All the bugs have diff skills and weapon load outs, and as you play thru, u earn money to upgrade them. U can also re-skin them with diff paint jobs and logos. There is also a card play element--as you collect cards on the maps you can play them for in-turn power-ups. There is a main story mode, a challenge mode, and local MP.

The bug customization is really a highlight in this game--I am sure Wombat would love its dress-up elements

Sort of scarce. I have though often about picking up another so I can battle play MP against him.

[quote name='thelonepig']New from $10.97 shipped:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239847226&sr=8-1

New from $11.89 shipped:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Izuna-2-The-Une...hash=item110335564919&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Personally, I found a new copy on ebay for $8 shipped a few months back, played through it, then traded it on the forums. :D[/quote]

Own all of the games listed, and paid around $8 for every one. All of them are definitely worth the $8 spent. But anything more than $12 for these seem a little too much.

[quote name='SDC']I can't really stress enough how huge a improvement Izuna 2 is over the original. The core gameplay is the same, so if the first wasn't your thing this won't change anything, but they added like 5 new weapon types, expanded the roster from 1 playable character to probably over a dozen, added a ton of dungeons and towns and characters, ad fixed ALL of the dead ends that the original game generated for random dungeons.[/QUOTE]

See, it's funny, I didn't like Izuna 2 that much, and I really dug the first. Part of the problem was that the new character swap option just makes the game far too easy compared to the first. And, I don't know... the game just kind of lost its charm when it became bigger in scope and had more polish to it.

[quote name='shidoshi']See, it's funny, I didn't like Izuna 2 that much, and I really dug the first. Part of the problem was that the new character swap option just makes the game far too easy compared to the first. And, I don't know... the game just kind of lost its charm when it became bigger in scope and had more polish to it.[/QUOTE]

I can understand what you mean. The original Izuna had a very quaint, "a small team worked hard on this" kind of feel.

[quote name='thelonepig']New from $10.97 shipped:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239847226&sr=8-1

New from $11.89 shipped:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Izuna-2-The-Une...hash=item110335564919&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Personally, I found a new copy on ebay for $8 shipped a few months back, played through it, then traded it on the forums. :D[/quote]Thanks for the pointer. I'm a little wary of picking it up from 3rd party Amazon sellers, though worth taking a look to see.

Can anyone compare Izuna 2 to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series? I know they are the same type of game, and since I really enjoyed the Pokemon version I might consider biting on this.

bread's done
Back