Select Blu-Ray Movies Buy One, Get One At Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy O'Brien

CAG Veteran
I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I thought I would throw it out there. I picked up Pirates 3 and Live Free or Die Hard on Blu Ray for a total of $30 today at Target. You can check out the ad on their website.

I also saw on the Circuit City online ad that they had Blu-Ray movies buy 2, get 1 free.

It looks like the return policy on the receipt says you can get a $15 refund for each Blu-ray. So if you only want an odd number of Blu-rays, you can return any extras you buy and get them for $15 each.

[quote name='180husher']It looks like the return policy on the receipt says you can get a $15 refund for each Blu-ray. So if you only want an odd number of Blu-rays, you can return any extras you buy and get them for $15 each.[/quote]

My receipt explicitly says both items must be returned for refund.

[quote name='aen']My receipt explicitly says both items must be returned for refund.[/quote]
Yeah, that's kinda weird. I'm looking at my receipt, too. On the one hand it says Refund Value $15.00 and Refund Value $14.99 under each of the movies. On the other hand it says everything must be returned for a "full refund." I'm interpreting that to mean that you can still return just one of the movies for a "partial refund" of either $15 or $14.99. I don't know; I don't plan on returning either of the titles I got so someone else will have to say whether or not single returns are allowed.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Yeah, that's kinda weird. I'm looking at my receipt, too. On the one hand it says Refund Value $15.00 and Refund Value $14.99 under each of the movies. On the other hand it says everything must be returned for a "full refund." I'm interpreting that to mean that you can still return just one of the movies for a "partial refund" of either $15 or $14.99. I don't know; I don't plan on returning either of the titles I got so someone else will have to say whether or not single returns are allowed.[/quote]Target has been doing this for years with anything that is a "package deal", such as B1G1F, GC w/purchase and the like.

I did this yesterday when Target didn't have the two movies I wanted, so I bought two of the same movie. I returned one and received $15 + tax back on it. As I managed to PM it elsewhere, I'm returning the other one for $14.99 + tax back. They split up the $29.99 between the two items to cover their asses from someone trying to use the B1G1F to get the free item for free and get a full return on the non-free item.

If you buy something a Target that comes with a $10 GC, the item will have $10 off taken from the price, and you'll buy a $10 GC. If you return the item without the GC, you'll get $10 less from the retail price of the game come back to your payment method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back