Select PS Vita Games - $19.96 + tax (B&M and Online w/ Free Site-to-store)

AwRy108

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flybrione']Picked up Wipeout over the weekend at my local Walmart and I have Hot shots on order for Store Delivery.

While I had no intention of buying Wipeout I'm glad I did. It is a really fun game and I am enjoying the single player campaign. For the price you are getting a great deal of content, a nice looking game and a fun soundtrack that keeps me playing and retrying events.

The only thing that bothers me is the loading time.

Big Hot Shots fan can't wait to pick up my copy.[/QUOTE]

Be sure you update Wipeout to I believe 1.02. This cuts the load times down considerably.

[quote name='flybrione']Picked up Wipeout over the weekend at my local Walmart and I have Hot shots on order for Store Delivery.

While I had no intention of buying Wipeout I'm glad I did. It is a really fun game and I am enjoying the single player campaign. For the price you are getting a great deal of content, a nice looking game and a fun soundtrack that keeps me playing and retrying events.

The only thing that bothers me is the loading time.

Big Hot Shots fan can't wait to pick up my copy.[/QUOTE]

what do you mean Great deal of content on single player.. I read on a few sites single player can be done in less then 10 hours even as few as 5

[quote name='slidecage']what do you mean Great deal of content on single player.. I read on a few sites single player can be done in less then 10 hours even as few as 5[/QUOTE]
For $20?
Sounds like a better deal than most games out there.

[quote name='slidecage']what do you mean Great deal of content on single player.. I read on a few sites single player can be done in less then 10 hours even as few as 5[/QUOTE]

I think for $20 I got my moneys worth. I am enjoying it and that's all that matters.

Cool Wipeout was back in stock. As far as digital downloads go MFg should have a buy back program and a sorta faux used system. Sorta if five people sell back they get credit towards a new game. Then in the used que 1 becomes available and have competitive prices. I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Where I think they are messing up is they are selling digital for the same price as retail. Pass the savings on to the consumer.

[quote name='gepet0']Cool Wipeout was back in stock. As far as digital downloads go MFg should have a buy back program and a sorta faux used system. Sorta if five people sell back they get credit towards a new game. Then in the used que 1 becomes available and have competitive prices. I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Where I think they are messing up is they are selling digital for the same price as retail. Pass the savings on to the consumer.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you're saying with your first point, but your second point is a common thing people bring up, but there is a very valid counterpoint to it.

Retail sales are big/huge for all forms of media. If you have a game for $40 MSRP retail and let's say $20-30 for DD most people won't bother getting it at retail due to saving 25-50%. That makes retailers upset and means they may not carry your other products. In the case of the Vita they may choose to not sell the Vita or the Vita memory cards because the bulk of the profit is in software sales and if those are eliminated why bother selling the hardware?

If you can elite pass the single player in 5 hours, you are the muthafuckin man.

Just snagged Little Deviants and Hot Shots Golf at my local Best Buy for $25 with a $15 coupon. Someoone else overheard me asking about price matching and did the same with Wipeout and Little Deviants.

Walked out with a huge smile on my face.

[quote name='InfinitiPJ']Just snagged Little Deviants and Hot Shots Golf at my local Best Buy for $25 with a $15 coupon. Someoone else overheard me asking about price matching and did the same with Wipeout and Little Deviants.

Walked out with a huge smile on my face.[/QUOTE]

what's this 15 coupon you speak of?

[quote name='akir']what's this 15 coupon you speak of?[/QUOTE]It was probably a $15 Reward Zone certificate he earned through BBY purchases.

got virtual tennis 4 off gamefly today..> Too freaking bad this wouldnt fall to 19.99

Then again Maybe the game gets harder in season 2 + ( you have 4 seasons in a single playthough)

season 1 was a cakewalk and never lost a single match

im sure season 2 3 and 4 will be harder and i be bitching about it soon enough.... though i may become bored with it by the time it has to go back..

Im going to keep it and the next game to ship out will be Gungnir for the psp what does NOT SHIP Till JUNE 12

meaning i have the game till around JUNE 6 or JUNE 7 before i have to send it back... I think i will become bored with it in a week...

ONE THING I DONT LIKE about VITA GAMES unless im mistaking.... These games do NOT SAVE TO THE MEMORY CARD they save to the CART Meaning if i do return it and play it up to season 4 and then buy it off someone else i have to start from day 1....

ALSO you cant earn trophies on USED GAMES

Some games do save to the memory card. Look for ones without the "mem card required" icon on the box.
And of course you can earn trophies on used games.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I have no idea what you're saying with your first point, but your second point is a common thing people bring up, but there is a very valid counterpoint to it.

Retail sales are big/huge for all forms of media. If you have a game for $40 MSRP retail and let's say $20-30 for DD most people won't bother getting it at retail due to saving 25-50%. That makes retailers upset and means they may not carry your other products. In the case of the Vita they may choose to not sell the Vita or the Vita memory cards because the bulk of the profit is in software sales and if those are eliminated why bother selling the hardware?[/QUOTE]

Very simple They have these games that only work with internet connection. Say I buy battlefeild 3 from ea then I wanna trade it for another ea game. They do something to deactivate the game. Give me credit at there store. Then offer 1 digital download at a used price. I believe that would work. But they are to greedy.

As far as people preferring dd over retail we are a long way off because of the psycological effect of owning disc. During ea's 50% sale I would opt for the physical version if I could.

[quote name='dallow']Some games do save to the memory card. Look for ones without the "mem card required" icon on the box.
And of course you can earn trophies on used games.[/QUOTE]

when i turned it on it said

YOU CAN NOT EARN TROPHIES only the first user is allowed to earn Trophies on the tennis game

This and Amazon Warehouse Deals having the Vita for ~$162 is making this very tempting to get it, Hot Shots and Wipeout.

[quote name='slidecage']when i turned it on it said

YOU CAN NOT EARN TROPHIES only the first user is allowed to earn Trophies on the tennis game[/QUOTE]
You have to delete the saved data. I did this on Katamari, just go to the home screen with all the bubble icons, then hold on [whatever game you were talking about] icon until it starts to shake and there is a "..." near it, press that and then select delete. Reinsert card and it will install again and it will allow you to earn trophies.

Warning: This will delete all saved data, including yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Combine this with the $50 gift card if you buy a vita from Walmart starting the 3rd it's good deal for someone who wants a couple games as well

Really funny, typical Walmart thing happened to me with this deal. Anyways, I ordered a Hot Shots Golf as soon as the topic popped up, I put it on a Giftcard I had sitting around since Christmas time. Anyways, that night, I wasn't planning on it, but I went to Walmart and found they had 1 Hot Shots Golf left @ $20 in-store (even though their website said it wasn't available at my store). So I pick that copy up thinking I could cancel my online order right? Wrong. They ship out my online order as I'm about to cancel it. I'm thinking I lost out on the $2 shipping charge after I'll return that copy (not a big deal, but still). Got the mail today and find that they ship it out in a huge box. I'm thinking that that's such a waste of packing materials. I open it up and find a "LeapFrog Tag Reading System". I laugh out loud for a couple minutes and then look up how much this thing is worth. Not as much as I would have thought, $35, but it's still more than I would have gotten returning Hot Shots. I would have gotten both returns back on a Giftcard anyways, and instead of dealing with the hassle of Walmart Customer Support (I shudder just thinking about it), I'll be able to put an extra $15 back into my pocket (thus making the original Hot Shots Golf come out to a measly $5!). So thanks Walmart for your stupidity!

[quote name='Link2999']Really funny, typical Walmart thing happened to me with this deal. Anyways, I ordered a Hot Shots Golf as soon as the topic popped up, I put it on a Giftcard I had sitting around since Christmas time. Anyways, that night, I wasn't planning on it, but I went to Walmart and found they had 1 Hot Shots Golf left @ $20 in-store (even though their website said it wasn't available at my store). So I pick that copy up thinking I could cancel my online order right? Wrong. They ship out my online order as I'm about to cancel it. I'm thinking I lost out on the $2 shipping charge after I'll return that copy (not a big deal, but still). Got the mail today and find that they ship it out in a huge box. I'm thinking that that's such a waste of packing materials. I open it up and find a "LeapFrog Tag Reading System". I laugh out loud for a couple minutes and then look up how much this thing is worth. Not as much as I would have thought, $35, but it's still more than I would have gotten returning Hot Shots. I would have gotten both returns back on a Giftcard anyways, and instead of dealing with the hassle of Walmart Customer Support (I shudder just thinking about it), I'll be able to put an extra $15 back into my pocket (thus making the original Hot Shots Golf come out to a measly $5!). So thanks Walmart for your stupidity![/QUOTE]

So Wal-Mart made a mistake and you returned something you didn't order to get more money. I didn't realize dishonesty was acceptable when a mistake is made.

[quote name='slidecage']when i turned it on it said

YOU CAN NOT EARN TROPHIES only the first user is allowed to earn Trophies on the tennis game[/QUOTE]

Not true.

Go to the main menu and hold down the screen for two seconds, until little bubbles appear on the upper-right side of each game's icon.
Hit the bubble you want and click "Delete."
A screen reading "All data related to this application will be deleted" will pop up. Hit "OK."
Load the game and you should be good to go.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']So Wal-Mart made a mistake and you returned something you didn't order to get more money. I didn't realize dishonesty was acceptable when a mistake is made.[/QUOTE]

Here's what would happen at my local Walmart:

Me: Hi, I ordered this Video Game and instead got this *shows lady e-Pen thing*.
Her: Um, hold on let me get a manager.
*10 minutes later manager shows up*
Me: Hi, I placed an order on Walmart.com and they sent me the wrong item.
Manager: *Takes a look at receipt and the item* This isn't what you ordered.
Me: Yes, I know, they sent me the wrong item.
Manager: You'll have to speak with someone from Walmart.com. We can't do anything about it here because you didn't purchase it from this store. *Hands me back receipt and item* *Walks away*

Me: *Drives home and makes call*
Phone: Due to longer than average hold times, we expect your call to be answered in 27 minutes; please stay on the line.
Me: *sigh*
*30 minutes later*
Me: Hello?
Phone: Hello Sir! My name is Goobra, how can I help you today?
Me: *Explains situation"
Goobra: Oh, yes sir, we are very sorry to hear about this! Unfortunately because it was an error on the site's side, we will need you to mail back the item to one of our shipping facilities, once we get the item we will return your original purchase cost within 14 business days!
Me: I don't want to pay for shipping and what will happen to the shipping I already paid?
Goobra: Unfortunately we do not cover shipping costs on return items.
Me: *Getting a little mad now*
Goobra: You have a nice day sir! *hangs up*

Me: *Drives up to the next Walmart and returns it there*

Edit:

If I saw someone drop a $20 bill on the ground, I would stop them and return it.
If I accidentally walked out of the store with something I didn't buy, I'd go back in and give it back.

Dealing with Walmart, much less in a situation like this, just IS NOT WORTH IT.

[quote name='Link2999']
Dealing with Walmart, much less in a situation like this, just IS NOT WORTH IT.[/QUOTE]

I am normally against people posting this stuff (I accept it happens, I just dont like reading it), but Walmart makes everything a hassle. I bought my mom a mothers day gift and my return was rejected because I didn't turn in a printed receipt. They ACTUALLY rejected my digital one... even when asking them to explain why I can return something without a receipt, but can't with a digital one? They just told me to complain elsewhere and laughed at me as I walked away... so yeah, more power to ya.

Well it's dishonest any way you spin it. Now if he took the item in and explained that he ordered and paid fora game for $20, then received the wrong item worth $35 and wants to return it for the $35 on a WM GC so he can actually buy the game for $5, then that's cool. Somehow I doubt he was very forthcoming in how he came into possession of the Leapfrog system.

[quote name='prayformojo']Exactly, I am hoping the digital versions for these games drop to $20 like they have in other regions. Can't imagine these would trade in for any more than a few bucks if that price drop on PSN occurred. [/QUOTE]

It still wouldn't make any sense to buy digital, even at $20. Reason being, if you ever got sick of the game, there is nothing you can do with it, but if you buy Wipeout or Hot Shots for $19.99 at Wal-Mart, then get it sick of it months and months later, you'll still be able to sell those for like $12 on Ebay. After Ebay fee's you'll clear like 7, and that is why physical is still the better idea.

If they ever priced things like Steam and Amazon downloads, when you can get unbelievable games for only 5 bucks, then I'd be all over DD, but until then, it will be a rare event for me.

[quote name='Anthony1']It still wouldn't make any sense to buy digital, even at $20. Reason being, if you ever got sick of the game, there is nothing you can do with it, but if you buy Wipeout or Hot Shots for $19.99 at Wal-Mart, then get it sick of it months and months later, you'll still be able to sell those for like $12 on Ebay. After Ebay fee's you'll clear like 7, and that is why physical is still the better idea.

If they ever priced things like Steam and Amazon downloads, when you can get unbelievable games for only 5 bucks, then I'd be all over DD, but until then, it will be a rare event for me.[/QUOTE]

wow when did ebay start charging 40% fees

sell it for 12
you get 7

that is 40%

i think you would get like 10.80

[quote name='slidecage']wow when did ebay start charging 40% fees

sell it for 12
you get 7

that is 40%

i think you would get like 10.80[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's that high but eBay also owns PayPal, so they double dip on the fees.

[quote name='Naramie']I don't think it's that high but eBay also owns PayPal, so they double dip on the fees.[/QUOTE]

i think ebay is around 10%

paypal is 30 cents + 3%

almost got wipeout today at walmart but passed it up

Damn, ordered HSG for Site to store on the 25th, won't get there until June 18th. You're only getting a few cents of interest by holding onto my money, Walmart.

Had a decent experience with this.

Went to Walmart after work for Resistance Vita ($40, normal price everywhere) and decided to bite on the Hot Shots Golf for $19.96 since I have enjoyed other games in the series.

While I was there, I decided to get Wipeout since it was only $20, even though I have never been crazy about that series. Walmart didn't have Wipeout anyways so I got Resistance and Hot Shots Golf.

On the way home I decided to try Best Buy since they've always been good with price matching. Walked in, got Wipeout Vita, and the game clerk asked if I was ready to check out. I asked him if they had any more Prototype 2 Steelcases, and he looked and found 1. It rang up as $50 for the case alone, since it was a bundle deal.

I had him scan the game and the case, and the case got zeroed out to free since the game was getting purchased.

So I bought Prototype 2 on sale for $39.99, got a free Steelbook case, and price matched Wipeout Vita to $19.96 without any problems after showing the Walmart price on my phone.

Then I came home, picked up my still sealed Prototype 2 game and receipt that was in my backlog and retuned it to Target for the $39.99 I paid for it.

So long story short, for $80 I got Vita Resistance, Vita Hot Shots Golf, Vita Wipeout, and the Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook case for Prototype 2.

bread's done
Back