Select Superbit DVD's $9.99 on BestBuy.com and B&M (still available)

alfonsosoriano

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I don't have a direct link to everyone because I found this list somewhere else, but here's the list:

*The list is somewhat changed*

BestBuy.com
* Adaptation (Superbit) - now $9.99 (50% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $13.52)
* Air Force One, The: Superbit Collection - now $9.99 (64% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Bad Boys (1995 Superbit) - now $9.99 (63% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Bad Boys II (Superbit) - now $9.99 (63% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.88)
* Big Hit (Superbit) - now $9.99 (64% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Bram Stoker's Dracula: Superbit Collection - now $9.99 (64% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Charlie's Angels (Superbit) - now $9.99 (50% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $13.52)
* Cirque Du Soleil: Dralion (Superbit) - now $9.99 (63% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Das Boot (Director's Cut Superbit) - now $9.99 (63% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Desperado, The: Superbit Collection - now $9.99 (64% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Fifth Element, The: Superbit Collection - now $9.99 (64% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* From Here To Eternity (1953 / Superbit) - now $9.99 (63% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Guns Of Navarone (Superbit) - now $9.99 (63% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.88)
* Heavy Metal (Superbit) - now $9.99 (63% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Hollow Man: Superbit SE - now $9.99 (63% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Legends Of The Fall (Superbit) - now $9.99 (63% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Mask Of Zorro (2-DVD Superbit Deluxe SE) - now $9.99 (65% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $14.99)
* Men In Black (Superbit) - now $9.99 (63% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Men In Black II (Superbit) - now $9.99 (63% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Patriot (2000): Superbit Collection - now $9.99 (64% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $14.85)
* Punch-Drunk Love (2-DVD Superbit Deluxe SE) - now $9.99 (65% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $21.15)
* Resident Evil (Superbit) - now $9.99 (64% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Riverdance: Live From New York City (Superbit) - now $9.99 (63% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Seven Years In Tibet (Superbit) - now $9.99 (63% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Spider-Man 2 (Superbit) - now $9.99 (67% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $20.99)
* Vertical Limit (Superbit) - now $9.99 (64% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)

Get the links here, or either search for them on Bestbuy.com

http://dvdpricesearch.com/

BTW, most should be available for in-store pickup if they are in stock, so you don't have to pay shipping if you don't want to.

Very tempted. I watched my first Superbit movie a month or so ago - Resident Evil. And despite the fact that it's not the greatest movie it was really fun.

Maybe I'll get Fifth Element...

superbits emphasize video and audio quality, usually having no extras(except for 'superbit deluxe' dvds) and bare, simple menus.

I think I'll pick up lawrence of arabia whenever that double rewards zone coupon goes into effect, hope they still have some left by then.

Yep, they all have DTS 5.1 sound tracks I believe. (I think they all have DD as well, but DTS is supposedly better - it does take up more disc space anyway.)

If you don't have a surround setup not much point in getting one IMO.

These prices are effective in BB stores. Don't even have to do in-store pick-up. I've heard some even have Superbit displays now.

Stopped by BB in Cerritos, CA Picked up Bad Boys and Bad Boys II same price in store, not listed anywhere in store btw, had to have them price check.

Nice deal, I'm wondering if Sony has decided to drop the prices on some of their Superbit titles as they aren't exactly selling like hot cakes. I mean $25 for a no extras edition of "Gattaca" is kinda a ripoff if you ask me (seeing that the slghtly inferior dual sided non-Superbit sells for $9.99 at most places).

Compared to the list of movies that Criterion puts out, including The Rock and Armeggedon (sp), I don't really see many Super-bits that I want. Their selection is pretty bads for movies that have gotten this specialty treatment.

Maybe * Desperado, The (Superbit) - now $9.99 (64% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Fifth Element, The (Superbit) - now $9.99 (64% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)
* Snatch (2-DVD Superbit Deluxe SE) - now $9.99 (65% OFF) (Previous lowest price: $19.59)

But I'll probably just get Spider-man 2 and that is all since I already have one but just not Superbit. Maybe I'll get it Superbit as well.

I'll try to get some with the Double Rewards Zone coupon that I found and posted when it goes into effect.

Hmm, maybe I'll get Fifth Element and Resident Evil, since I got mild enjoyment out of both of those, and $10 is a nice price. Is this B&M also, or online only?

You can pass on the Superbit edition of "Fifth Element" as the 2 disc Deluxe edition that came out earlier this year uses the same version that is on the Superbit edition (in fact on the back it has the Superbit logo). It should be selling for about $15ish.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']WTF is superbit?[/QUOTE]
http://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/superbit/what_is_superbit.html

In laymen's terms, they use the extra space on DVDs usually reserved for special features and foreign language tracks and put it towards image/sound quality. Freeing up the extra space gives the A/V a chance to 'breathe' a bit better. The difference is marginal in most cases, unless you have a gigantic HDTV and a top-of-the-line home theater. They usually go for $20-plus. The only Superbit disc that's really worth the extra cash, IMO, is Lawrence of Arabia, which, as Demoman showed me, actually sports an entirely new transfer with re-done coloring, etc. Other than that, I'm not too impressed with the line.

But yeah, if you're a Superbit whore, great sale. I picked up Lawrence of Arabia. :drool:

[quote name='alongx']Is this B&M also, or online only?[/QUOTE]

I bought mine instore, but who knows what your BB might have in stock.

My BB got a shipment of apparently every Superbit in the sale, pre-marked (white sticker, not yellow) to $9.99. They even got Gattaca, which I haven't seen in a B&M for some time. I bought:
Lawrence of Arabia
Desperado
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Punch-Drunk Love
Adaptation

I don't have the equipment to really appreciate the "superbit image," but I do appreciate the DTS. I do agree that anyone interested in the Fifth Element Spring for the Ultimate Edition. Anyway, for those of you that don't care about the actual enhancements of Superbits, but want a good DVD, remember that some of these $10 options are 2-disc deluxe Superbits:
Lawrence of Arabia
Punch-Drunk Love
Snatch
The Mask of Zorro
Charlie’s Angels
The Patriot

Adaptation also has some special features beyond the usual Superbit, but that's not saying much.

[quote name='modium']The only Superbit disc that's really worth the extra cash, IMO, is Lawrence of Arabia, which, as Demoman showed me, actually sports an entirely new transfer with re-done coloring, etc. Other than that, I'm not too impressed with the line.[/QUOTE]
I've "upgraded" a number of my DVDs to Superbit (and had I known this sale was coming, I would've held off on some of my more recent purchases) and I find it's kinda hit-n-miss: some titles show a pronounced improvement over the original DVD releases (e.g., Fifth Element); whereas others seem like a negligible improvement (e.g., CTHD). And definitely, the differences are really only noticable if you've got a good home-theater setup.

Of course, if you're a DTS whore, the Superbit editions are often the only way to go for DTS soundtracks of a given film. I suspect for some people that will be an even bigger draw than the promised improvement in video quality.

Must - resist - urge - to - spend - money!

[quote name='unbongwah']
Of course, if you're a DTS whore, the Superbit editions are often the only way to go for DTS soundtracks of a given film. I suspect for some people that will be an even bigger draw than the promised improvement in video quality.
[/QUOTE]
Guilty!

This is Off Topic, but is there a double points deal going on for Reward Zone since so many of you are mentioning it, is there a coupon you need to get the deal or is it in effect for a certain time?

I was disappointed that The One, Crouching Tiger and a few others are still regular price. Bought MIB and Snatch tonight, came home and ordered Desperado for instore pickup since the bastard clerks refused to go look in the stockroom after I pulled it up as showing available on the web site. I really hate this company, it's a shame the deals are so good.

[quote name='modium']http://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/superbit/what_is_superbit.html

In laymen's terms, they use the extra space on DVDs usually reserved for special features and foreign language tracks and put it towards image/sound quality. Freeing up the extra space gives the A/V a chance to 'breathe' a bit better. The difference is marginal in most cases, unless you have a gigantic HDTV and a top-of-the-line home theater. They usually go for $20-plus. The only Superbit disc that's really worth the extra cash, IMO, is Lawrence of Arabia, which, as Demoman showed me, actually sports an entirely new transfer with re-done coloring, etc. Other than that, I'm not too impressed with the line.

But yeah, if you're a Superbit whore, great sale. I picked up Lawrence of Arabia. :drool:[/QUOTE]

I must say that "Gattaca" and "Air Force One" are worth picking up too, but then again seeing that now both films are on a dual layer disc for the Superbit edition yeah they both SHOULD damn well look better (as the regular edition on both are dual format WS/P&S flippers).

[quote name='Gojtron'] came home and ordered Desperado for instore pickup since the bastard clerks refused to go look in the stockroom after I pulled it up as showing available on the web site.[/QUOTE]

That is no indication it is actually there... it could have been stolen, lost in transit, a bunch of other stuff. I know the local store here is showing copies of The Punisher for ps2 at the local store... employee couldn't find it, I took it to his supervisor and the store manager, who helped me look through every shelf and then went to the back for an extended period of time.

They came up with nothing, even though the store locator says it's there... they said someone probably stole it (since 19.99 ps2 games aren't in protectors) and the website still thinks they have it. While you can order it for in store pickup, it won't be there and they'd have to ship one in from the warehouse.

Unless I'm missing something, that double-points coupon isn't all that great a deal if you're just planning on picking up $10 DVDs. It says it doubles for one item, and double the points on $10 isn't spectacular. Still, if you're going anyway why not, but I don't see it as an incentive to go...

Anyway, I have a few Superbit DVDs myself, mainly because of the DTS features. The last time I picked some up, Best Buy was doing a buy-2-get-1-free sale on them, back when Spiderman 2 came out. I still haven't watched any of the 3 I got except for Spiderman 2. :oops:

My store started putting yellow stickers over the $9.99 price. No big deal to me, I already ordered a few online, since they were not available IN-STORE....great prices. I like my Superbit (of course I have a 55" WS TV and 6.1 surround)

got guns of navarone and cirque du soleil last night for $9.99 in-store. resident evil looked like yellow regular priced sticker was placed over the 9.99 white sticker. i didnt bother to price check it.

Lawrence of Arabia is finally available for in-store pickup at my BB so I'll be ordering that some time today. Thanks for bumping this as I had forgotten about the Superbit discounts.

Even if the prices aren't $9.99 in store, if they have it available, you can get it for $10 with the instore pickup. I think it's going to be dead by YMMV.

deal is still alive, just picked up lawrence of arabia from the B&M store. best buy is run by monkeys though, so some superbits are tagged as $9.99 and others aren't(although they should all ring up at $9.99 aside from the handful of exceptions). at my store they pulled most of the superbits from the shelves and put them in their own display.

This deal is not dead! Last night (8/16), I picked up:

-Resident Evil
-Patriot
-Charlie's Angels
-Spiderman
-S.W.A.T.

I tried to get Starship Troopers, but it rang up at 22.99. At my BB all the above DVD's had 22.99 price tags on them as well. Your best bet is to check the prices before you go shopping at BB.com. Thanks for the heads up!

bread's done
Back