Select Video Games Half Price at Best Buy (very YMMV), incl Halo 3 Legendary

dingo_stole_mybaby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (96%)
Hey guys I was at my local Best Buy yesterday and saw 2 small racks of games for half off. This was at the Flower Mound store in Texas, so I'm not sure if they were just clearing space for inventory or what. They had some recent titles like the Darkness, Bomberman Land and Battalion Wars2 for the Wii. I picked up Ultimate Alliance for the PS3 for $15! I'm goin back today for Alien Syndrome for $15 when I buy Patapon as well. The other big item I wanted to mention was the Legendary Edition of Halo 3(the one with the helmet) for $64. This was by the checkout. Halos not really my thing but I really wanted CAGers to see this. Cheers.

I'm sorry to sound stupid but is ymmv like a one location lucky occurance or something? This store is relatively new but I've seen them have clearances before with things like small cardboard bins with Rogue Galaxy, but this was bigger with more current gen titles. I'll repost in an hour or so with more titles when I get back.

Buy Alien Syndrome off me for $15 :)

By the way, has anyone noticed some Best Buys are just good for YMMV clearance prices and some aren't?

In Colorado the Longmont, Colorado Blvd., and SE Aurora stores are the good ones for clearance prices.....every where else in the state I've been too either doesn't do YMMV clearance or they only knock prices down 10-33% (on games nobody wants to spend full price on anyway)

i have also never seen my Bestbuy (Asheville, NC) put out a clearence bin, nor have they ever clearly marked what thier clearence items were. the closest thing ive seen are the Gamecube games being marked down. so if i want 12 copies of Killer 7 for 9.99 or 16 copies of the newest Harvest Moon for the same price, i was set. (actually i only wanted one copy of havest moon, great game, but anyway)

in comparison, when i go visit my parents in the armpit of Florida (Jacksonville, actually i must apologize to armpits, you dont smell as bad and there is more to do in your fleshy interior than in that crime ridden craphole) i have seen bins set up specifically for clearence or marked down items. Sometimes console specific. Whats up with that?

My Circuit City on the other hand has giant bins of clearenced gems.

My Best Buy (Tustin,CA) has a table set up in front of the registers with marked down games. The one time I went they had Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, MGS Subsistence each for 10 or 15, I don't remember.

I knew a guy who worked there and said they only put up the table before big sales days, the weekends, I believe.

My best buy is the worst for video games, no clearance, no front lane, and when you want to pick up a game on release week, they never put it on the shelf, it will say "in stock at that location" on their website, have an ad posted in the VG section that says the game will be in store on that same day, and 9 times out of 10 you'll ask the clerk to go look in the back and they come back and lie to you by saying"sorry, can't find it, must be sold out." You go back 2 days later and there it is on the shelf, it's the laziest BB I've ever seen.

DO NOT SHOP AT the BB in Watertown, Mass.

[quote name='GT']My best buy is the worst for video games, no clearance, no front lane, and when you want to pick up a game on release week, they never put it on the shelf, it will say "in stock at that location" on their website, have an ad posted in the VG section that says the game will be in store on that same day, and 9 times out of 10 you'll ask the clerk to go look in the back and they come back and lie to you by saying"sorry, can't find it, must be sold out." You go back 2 days later and there it is on the shelf, it's the laziest BB I've ever seen.

DO NOT SHOP AT the BB in Watertown, Mass.[/quote]

Downtown BB isn't much better. I did piss all over the side of the Watertown BB when I was drunk/lost once. I hope this helps.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Downtown BB isn't much better. I did piss all over the side of the Watertown BB when I was drunk/lost once. I hope this helps.[/quote]
It helps me. Thank you.

Best Buy stores are each set to certain consumer "profiles". The profile determines how much gaming (and other types of stock) that particular store gets. It's then up to the individual store management to decide if and what to clearance, which is why Best Buy clearance is always store-specific. This would do better in Regional, since only people near the OP's store can take advantage of the deal. Or maybe someone enthusiastic can create and maintain a monster "This is what's on clearance at Best Buy" thread with a list for every individual store.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Downtown BB isn't much better. I did piss all over the side of the Watertown BB when I was drunk/lost once. I hope this helps.[/quote]

[quote name='GT']My best buy is the worst for video games, no clearance, no front lane, and when you want to pick up a game on release week, they never put it on the shelf, it will say "in stock at that location" on their website, have an ad posted in the VG section that says the game will be in store on that same day, and 9 times out of 10 you'll ask the clerk to go look in the back and they come back and lie to you by saying"sorry, can't find it, must be sold out." You go back 2 days later and there it is on the shelf, it's the laziest BB I've ever seen.

DO NOT SHOP AT the BB in Watertown, Mass.[/quote]

I agree with most of this - the Watertown BB is pretty sloppy. But I was at this location 2 weekends ago and they had a 50% off clearance table next to the front door. They had Battalion Wars 2 for Wii, COD4 for 360, 360 wireless Halo controllers, Mario Kart Double Dash, and various other items like RAM and computer keyboards for 50% off. Every once in a rare while they'll have a deal

At Best Buy this past weekend I picked up Harry Potter OoTP PS3 for $15 for my kid. They also had Spiderman 3, and Silver Surfer PS3 at that price. Genji was $20, as were several others.

They had a whole bunch of good PSP games at $16 a piece as well. I can't remember specifics, but Tomb Raider Ann ed was one as well as Metal Gear Portops for that price.

There are 3 BBs around here and strangely enough they all completely different when it come to clearances. The one i go to the most will sometimes put little updated price stickers on the game dividers for clearanced games, which sucks because the games ring up normal price and half the time, the cashiers will send you to go get the divider to verify the price. And while the clearance prices are pretty good, they only do them on games nobody buys. Another store tends to have shopping baskets near the checkout lines with pretty good clearance games. Again, the games will ring up regular price but the cashiers normally know what games are in the baskets. Another store does no clearance. Ever. They suck.

[quote name='io']I put the YMMV aspect into the title. This is a one-store deal I'm afraid...[/quote]Then just lock it up and be done with it. This is only a deal for the OP's store.

[quote name='dingo_stole_mybaby']Hey guys I was at my local Best Buy yesterday and saw 2 small racks of games for half off. This was at the Flower Mound store in Texas, so I'm not sure if they were just clearing space for inventory or what. They had some recent titles like the Darkness, Bomberman Land and Battalion Wars2 for the Wii. I picked up Ultimate Alliance for the PS3 for $15! I'm goin back today for Alien Syndrome for $15 when I buy Patapon as well. The other big item I wanted to mention was the Legendary Edition of Halo 3(the one with the helmet) for $64. This was by the checkout. Halos not really my thing but I really wanted CAGers to see this. Cheers.[/quote]

Old, old, old! Where have you been dude?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3958410&postcount=32

and:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172047

This thread needs to be locked...

bread's done
Back