Sell me on a PSP

chief928

CAGiversary!
Ok so I have been given a last minute chance to get a PSP on launch day. I have heard of all the potential but are there really any games worth getting to buy it right now? I am really ignorant when it comes to the internet aspect of it. Someone please educate me! Is this worth all the money to pick it up????

As for the internet part they will let you have the choice of playing against others on two platforms which is by Wi-Fi connection that is local with people that are located within a 100 feet of you and then there will be the ability to play people across the world with the Wi-Fi access point. It will be wireless and you won't just be limited to your local area.

[quote name='chief928']Ok so I have been given a last minute chance to get a PSP on launch day. I have heard of all the potential but are there really any games worth getting to buy it right now? I am really ignorant when it comes to the internet aspect of it. Someone please educate me! Is this worth all the money to pick it up????[/quote]

Buy it, and try it out. If you don't like it, you will most likely be able to sell it on ebay for a profit, or at least you'll get your money back.

Now the wireless connection. Could I be sitting in my house and it work or do I need to be at a wireless spot?

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='chief928']Ok so I have been given a last minute chance to get a PSP on launch day. I have heard of all the potential but are there really any games worth getting to buy it right now? I am really ignorant when it comes to the internet aspect of it. Someone please educate me! Is this worth all the money to pick it up????[/quote]

Buy it, and try it out. If you don't like it, you will most likely be able to sell it on ebay for a profit, or at least you'll get your money back.[/quote]

No offense Grave, but I don't think that's such a great idea. In order to determine if it's for you you'd have to spend a good deal of time with it and by that time, these things will be everywhere. I don't think there is going to be this great shortage everyone is anticipating. He'll likely make alot of his money back, but he'll be selling a used system and the price he gets will reflect that, IMHO.

I, for one, think there are 4-5 games that will be available at launch that make it worth it to pick up, but I still think the cost of the bundle and a game or two is too steep for me to pick one up at launch. I am tempted though and it'll probably only take one price drop to reel me in. Hopefully by that time a good amount of games will be available for around $20. :D

[quote name='chief928']Now the wireless connection. Could I be sitting in my house and it work or do I need to be at a wireless spot?[/quote]

That depends - do you live above a Starbucks? I think you need a wireless router at home to play PSP over the internet but you could play a friend who was over who had a PSP without it...

I myself believe the flood of these on ebay an other places will cause the price to drop to less than retail prices. Used will also be down at a loss in my opinion.

To the original poster:

What type of games do you currently play? Are you using it for the other forms of intertainment only? will you have a buddy or two that makes the same purchase and therefore you can enjoy it with them?

Got an ipod already so not needed for music. I got a playstation 2. I like action, platformers, puzzle games and sports. I mean I'd definetely want GTA but that seems a ways away and makes me think maybe I should wait? Twisted Metal online sounds good though, but sounds like you have to head out to a wireless spot to play it.

[quote name='Zoglog']I couldve swore I've seen this thread before =p[/quote]

Same here.

You can multi-play anyone within a 100 foot radius with no extra equipment (twisted metal I think is 6 players). The other way requires a hotspot or other wifi access point, Such as a computer with a wifi router I beleive (correct me if I'm wrong on that, this might be only doable with the Xlink program)

Personally I'm looking forward to Metal Gear Acid and now that I know the creator of Rez created Lummies I'm kinda starting to want that real bad. A couple of action games are in the mix as well as 2 or 3 racing games at launch (ridgeracer, NFSU and Wipeout Pure) as well as a fighting game (darkstalkers) and a Twisted Metal game.

I'd say look at Gamespots list of PSP games and see if there;s anything you like before you make a decision but personally I'm taking the plunge.

[quote name='Snake2715']I myself believe the flood of these on ebay an other places will cause the price to drop to less than retail prices. Used will also be down at a loss in my opinion.[/quote]

Why is that when every other launch of every major console and handheld has proved otherwise in the weeks after its launch? You will be able to sell it used at retail cost.

[quote name='cthcky33']make your own decision[/quote]

True but he wants some help... ultimately it is his decision.

I would say wait until it gets a little cheaper but that's just me.

[quote name='TheRaven'][quote name='Snake2715']I myself believe the flood of these on ebay an other places will cause the price to drop to less than retail prices. Used will also be down at a loss in my opinion.[/quote]

Why is that when every other launch of every major console and handheld has proved otherwise in the weeks after its launch? You will be able to sell it used at retail cost.[/quote]

Your right but I honestly believe that at least 1/3 of the preorders are for resell on Ebay. When you get that many it will drop in price.

Secondly its not sold out around here. So why would anyone order it on ebay for retail when they can get it now around the corner for retail?

We have two days to find out but I am still up in the air. A month ago I was sure this would be sold out everywhere within minutes now I dont know.. I mean some places want $399+ thats insane.

[quote name='little_krampy']Go out on Thursday mid-morning and try and find one...there's my sell.[/quote]

:applause: That is such a GREAT reason to go out an buy one. I guess I have no choice now but to reconsider. :roll:

BUY IT!!!! It can make you waffles for breakfast. It can dry your clothes super fast. It can stop bullets.

Oh yeah it plays games too!!!!

[quote name='chickenhawk'] :applause: That is such a GREAT reason to go out an buy one. I guess I have no choice now but to reconsider. :roll:[/quote]

Just doing what I can to help. :lol:

Let me try again...everyone in the world will have one on Thursday except for you and we're all going to laugh at you.

[quote name='little_krampy'][quote name='chickenhawk'] :applause: That is such a GREAT reason to go out an buy one. I guess I have no choice now but to reconsider. :roll:[/quote]

Just doing what I can to help. :lol:

Let me try again...everyone in the world will have one on Thursday except for you and we're all going to laugh at you.[/quote]

I would bet $20 that I could find one on the afternoon of Thursday without a problem.

bread's done
Back