Sell my Wii?

magiic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
I love my Wii but I got an offer for $400CAD for my used Wii. I paid 279.99CAD + 13% tax for it which works out to $316.39. Some guy on a local online classified so my ad for my gamecube where I mentioned I got a Wii and has offered $400 for the Wii. I am trying to decide if I should take the offer pocket the $84 and buy a new one when I can find it.

take the offer. there are currently very few games for the wii. wait 3 months and buy a wii again. that way you made a profit you can invest into those new games (like mario galaxy)

I'd take it. Like others have said, the release schedule is thin for the next few months. By fall, the games should be more frequent and you should also be able to easily find Wiis in stores.

Well is 80 bucks worth the effort of meeting this guy, dealing with possible complaints from him, possibly being some psycho( you never know lol) and going to the store to (hopefully) find a new one not to mention having no Wii for a period of time cause the stores are selling them, not to mention that the new Wii you will buy doesn't work flawlessly like the one you have now (considering it does).

I'd probably just keep it if I were you, as you can see lol, 80 bucks isn't really worth it. You could spend your time better by going hunting for a few games and trading them in or something....probably make the same money

If you asked this question two months ago, I'd say yes, but Super Paper Mario says no. If you don't care about SPM, then sure, wait till summer to buy it again.

And that's how they get you. A major deterrent for the 'used console' market.* Just wait until the next gen when games are mostly or exclusively downloads.

*--Maybe the VC/lack of game transferability alone is causing more people to keep their Wii, thus drying up the 'second-hand' market, thus driving up the demand for new consoles even more.

I probably wouldn't get rid of it. I'd defiently see if he ups the offer first, though.

Losing the VC games is a tough thing too. This is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned, because those Industry leeches Gamestop/EB will profit less on used systems.

Thats the other thing, my save games. I then have to go out and buy a SD card which further lessens any profit I pocket. I think I may just pass on this for the like

I recently sold my Wii. I had $60 combined of Wii points and VC games, which made me very hesitant to sell it, knowing that if I did it the legit way and deleted my shop channel account, I'd just forfeit all the money i spent. Instead, I created a package full of accessories and games that I sold at retail price, but I also charged $50 for the VC stuff. Yes, i know it's against the licensing agreement, but if they had given me ANY way of keeping them when I got my next Wii, even for a small fee, I would have taken it...so I like to think they brought it upon themselves by making things too restrictive for the used market.

[quote name='magiic']Thats the other thing, my save games. I then have to go out and buy a SD card which further lessens any profit I pocket. I think I may just pass on this for the like

I told him Im going to pass. For the probably less than fifty or sixty I will pocket it just doesnt seem worth the hassle.

I did the same thing with mine.

Think about if you're really going to play those VC games again.

Then think about how badly you need to play Super Paper Mario. After that, theres nothing(in my opinion) worth buying until Q3. Plus, when you buy a Wii again, you'll be able to get SPM for less than retail.

My advice: Make a profit while you can and just wait until Q3(or later) to buy a Wii again.

An SD card is somethign youd want eventually anyways, and can be gotten for definately less than 20 bucks, and if you get lucky less than 10. So I wouldn't think too much about the saves.

The VC games are different though. If I were you I would tell him it has $20 worth of VC games/points, and ask him to up the offer to $420. If he is willing to do that, I'd sell it.

Wiis are still hard to find, but getting easier and easier. I'm not sure what the supply is like in Canada, but I think it just requires a little effort to get one now a days in the states.

Anyway, if you are playing it a lot now, it's a so-so call. If you aren't playing it a lot, I'd sell it and buy one the next time I can find one.

I started to say "sell," but then I thought about it some more. If you bought your Wii to play it, keep it. Heck, we all could eBay our Wii's at a substantial profit, but we didn't buy them to make money. (We bought them to lose money, actually... although we try to lessen the blow by using CAG.)

So you can't transfer your VC games from one Wii to another? What if your Wii craps out on you and you need to get a new one, are you SOL?

[quote name='angrywolf']So you can't transfer your VC games from one Wii to another? What if your Wii craps out on you and you need to get a new one, are you SOL?[/QUOTE]
You have to send it into Nintendo and they'll swap them. Which is a silly way of doing things.

[quote name='jlseal']You have to send it into Nintendo and they'll swap them. Which is a silly way of doing things.[/QUOTE]

I think all they have to do is change it in their system so they are registered to the serial number of your new Wii and then you can redownload them, so it's not that bad.

It's probably even easier if you've had your Wii linked up to your My Nintendo account before downloading anything as all your purchases should show up their giving them easy access to what you've bought.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I think all they have to do is change it in their system so they are registered to the serial number of your new Wii and then you can redownload them, so it's not that bad.

It's probably even easier if you've had your Wii linked up to your My Nintendo account before downloading anything as all your purchases should show up their giving them easy access to what you've bought.[/quote]Even if that's all they have to do, you still have to send it in. My GPU problems in my Wii needed attention from Nintendo. If I wanted to keep my VC games, they had to get the system back.

It's about as asinine a system as can be, which is really weird considering how top notch Nintendo's CS is.

bread's done
Back