seller doesn't accept paypal

BeAt

CAGiversary!
should i be worried because the guy only takes money orders and cashiers check but no paypal

Only if it's an expensive item. Plenty of people don't accept paypal because either they don't want to pay the fees or don't have a credit card and won't give paypal their bank account info.

Keep in mind that since it takes longer to pay them it will take longer for your item to arrive.

Just make sure he's had good feedback. I've sent plenty of Money Orders and haven't ever had a problem. The 2 times that the seller never sent anything, I paid with paypal and bidpay. Thankfully, my credit card company gave me chargebacks.

No, you should not be worried. I am tired of paypal fees myself and this bull crap amount of scammers on ebay who try to pay with unconfirmed addresses (I know its not all the people but there are more than there should be) and paypals retarded rules that people dont know about (such as that signature confirmation must be purchased on all packages over $200, I sold a set of games for about $400 with delivery confirmation and insurance but not signature confirmation, buyer admits to recieving package, files complaint later and gets their money back, such bs).
In short, no, its not a bad thing, just look at their feedback. as long as it is above 97.5 percent, you should be fine. most people see ebay as full of scammers, but, to be honest, there are more scamming BUYERS than sellers out there.

I don't take PayPal because I hate the fees PayPal gives, so I didn't upgrade my account. Some people have used BIN and responded like OMG SORRY I DIDNT KNOW YOU DONT TAKE PAYPAL. So I tell them, hey, I have a paypal, I just dont list it because of the retardo fees. Send it [here]. Usually they do, and I send the item out. Most people don't seem to care and send checks/MOs my way.

So... no, you're fine. If he has good feedback then why should you be worried?

well because its my first time sending a moeny order and im looking at his feedback and some of the comments are left by the same people 3-4 times which kind of raises an alarm

Well I send money orders all the time before I had paypal. It's alright but then again you should direct us to the link.

Then again if the seller had paypal to begin with you should say to them hey I am going to pay with paypal or complain to Ebay.

Lastly maybe a fellow CAG in the area could pick up the item, ship it out, and make payment for you.

I don't buy from sellers that don't take PayPal just because it is so freaking easy to pay that way and you definitely have a better shot of getting your money back if something goes wrong with a PP payment vs. a cashed MO.

I wouldn't say I'd never ever pay with a MO, but for the most part I don't bother looking at a listing if PayPal isn't a payment method.

But not accepting PayPal doesn't mean it's a scam seller. What is the seller's feedback score and rating? If it's an established seller with a rating of 99% or better I wouldn't worry at all, just a matter of the extra hassle and expense.

bread's done
Back