Seller protection on Amazon.com?

algernon

CAGiversary!
I recently started selling on amazon.com and was curious about their protection policies. If I ship to address provided by amazon and have post office delivery confirmation will amazon cover me in the event of fraud or stolen account/credit card? I like amazon better than ebay and want to start using it more. But amazon's stated policy makes me nervous. he only thing I could find in writing was: "If you ship in a timely manner, have proof of delivery, etc... Amazon will USUALLY not hold you responsible". This seems really vague. Anyone been burned one a sale even tough they followed the "rules", delivery confirmation, use of address from auction page, etc? Thanks.

there is actually very little seller protection. They can easily get a refund with the A-Z claim, but each account can only do it 5 times.

[quote name='algernon']Yikes!!! So even with delivery confirmation I can be out of luck if buyer tries to scam me?[/quote]

If your selling record is clean and you can provide proof of delivery Amazon will usually side with you.

bread's done
Back