Seller refuses to sell item I'm pissed Updated sellers response

jlindsay26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I won a copy of the guide for Super Mario RPG cheap. I paid for the item notice later that they refunded my payment and said they can't ship due to complications WTF. It burns me that they feel it's ok to just back out of an auction because they didn't get the price they want. Should I leave a negative feedback, does ebay have anything like a non-paying bidder report for sellers?

Update
Here's the seller response "I moved out of my house and I am not going back till at least mid January. If you can wait till then, I can get it out." I'm think I'll say yes to waiting see what he says, since I really don't mine waiting I've already beaten the game before the guide would be nice for my collection and to go back and replay the game and find all the hidden goodies.

at the very least leave neutral. i'd probably leave a negative myself, but i'm sure a lot of other people wouldn't. just depends on how pissed off you are, really. It's really unfortunate, but some people are just dicks like that.

Meh, that's why ebay is retarded, it has it's perks once in a while but then you run into this BS. Too bad you can't punch people in the face over TCP/IP.

edit: As for feedback, the problem is if you leave them negative feedback, they'll leave you negative feedback too.

If you're a seller it's a problem, but if you're a buyer (like me), leaving a negative can "feel so good."

[quote name='jlindsay26']I won a copy of the guide for Super Mario RPG cheap. I paid for the item notice later that they refunded my payment and said they can't ship due to complications WTF. It burns me that they feel it's ok to just back out of an auction because they didn't get the price they want. Should I leave a negative feedback, does ebay have anything like a non-paying bidder report for sellers?[/QUOTE]

If negotiations are over and these "complications" are going to prevent your item from being shipped out at all, then by all means leave a neg. An eBay bid-to-purchase is legally binding for both parties.

Pulling out when he could have used a reserve price or higher starting bid is incredibly bad form for a seller.

Not selling after the auction has closed is some type of offense or warning on your account. Open up a dispute in the dispute console, or click the "live chat" button on the eBay home page to have someone step you through it.

This page has a link to report a non-performing seller:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html

It's under the Additional Information section, 'report the seller' link.

I'd possibly leave them a neg, but be prepared to get one back in retaliation. If you can't deal with that than you may want to just let this go. Many sellers manage their FB by always leaving negative in response to any neg. or neutral FB they receive and then requesting that the buyer agree to mutually withdraw both FBs. It's BS, but not against eBay's rules as long as the seller isn't a complete twit about it AFAIK.

If this account is only used for buying I wouldn't worry about a neg from a POed seller. Just put a truthful response to it and move on.

[quote name='TahoeMax']at the very least leave neutral. i'd probably leave a negative myself, but i'm sure a lot of other people wouldn't. just depends on how pissed off you are, really. It's really unfortunate, but some people are just dicks like that.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't leave neutral (for any seller) w/o first checking the seller's feedback to make sure s/he doesn't leave neg in response to neutral FB received. If they do that hit them with a negative even if you feel neutral is probably reallly deserved. Sellers like that piss me off.

Thanks for the advice Wubb. I went ahead and sent the seller an email asking him to explain what he meant by complications when I get a response I'll send the email to eBay and report him using your link. I'm pretty sure I'm going to leave negative feedback and just hope they don't leave me a negative.

If they leave a negative feedback that is unjustified just complain to ebay. They will clear it up as long as you are truthful.

Imagine the roles were reversed and you had overpaid for the SM RPG guide; What do you think that the seller would've done to you if you had backed out? I would base my response on the answer to that question.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Imagine the roles were reversed and you had overpaid for the SM RPG guide; What do you think that the seller would've done to you if you had backed out? I would base my response on the answer to that question.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree I bought an copy of Chrono Trigger with the guide for around 60 with shipping ending up winning a second auction for the same thing for less than 40 I ended up paying for both figure I either trade one or sell one on eBay even though it would have been cheaper to claim complications prevented me from paying for the 60 game and guide. I'm going to wait till tomorrow then report them to eBay if they still refuse to sell the item I'm going to leave negative feedback

Neg the seller he/she did not put a reserve price in their auction not your fault. Found the auction this would be the seller's first feedback from a buyer.

I told the seller I was willing to wait here's their response

"I would wait till then because I have no guarantee when I'll be able to go home. This thing will stay on paypal I would think. But until I get it out, I do NOT want your money. Sorry again."

I figure I'll give him till mid January, bug him again if he weasels out I'll report him and give him negative feedback

I'm not sure how long you have to report and neg a non-performing seller, but I'd check into that so he doesn't sneak his way out of this.
[quote name='jlindsay26']I told the seller I was willing to wait here's their response

"I would wait till then because I have no guarantee when I'll be able to go home. This thing will stay on paypal I would think. But until I get it out, I do NOT want your money. Sorry again."

I figure I'll give him till mid January, bug him again if he weasels out I'll report him and give him negative feedback[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RegalSin2020']If they leave a negative feedback that is unjustified just complain to ebay. They will clear it up as long as you are truthful.[/QUOTE]

No they won't. I have complained about unjustified negative feedback and they state they can't remove it unless it violates the feedback policy. The only negative feedback I had removed by Ebay was one where the buyer cursed in the feedback left.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']No they won't. I have complained about unjustified negative feedback and they state they can't remove it unless it violates the feedback policy. The only negative feedback I had removed by Ebay was one where the buyer cursed in the feedback left.[/quote]

Exactly. The bane of the antiquated eBay feedback system. It's the reason I no longer leave feedback first (almost ever). The chances of receiving incorrect feedback is too great. Your only hedge against this is to be the 2nd one to leave feedback. If the other party negs you, you can neg them and then use eBay's mutual agreement to remove the feedback.

Calm down, you have to expect this stuff occasionaly when dealing with complete strangers online. For all you know he left it at college while he's off on Christmas break (That's happened to me before with CAG traders in very good standing).

Besides even if you do file a complaint all he has to tell ebay is that the item was damaged/lost and that in response he issued you a full refund and he's off the hook, at least he didn't try to keep your payment and then send you an empty envelope with DC attached.

Tell him its a good thing he doesnt live within driving distance or you would do a drive by glittering on that ass.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Calm down, you have to expect this stuff occasionaly when dealing with complete strangers online. For all you know he left it at college while he's off on Christmas break (That's happened to me before with CAG traders in very good standing).

Besides even if you do file a complaint all he has to tell ebay is that the item was damaged/lost and that in response he issued you a full refund and he's off the hook, at least he didn't try to keep your payment and then send you an empty envelope with DC attached.[/QUOTE]

I've been very polite with the seller since I can't honestly say if they are telling the truth. I haven't complain too much yet. His first response didn't include an explanation so I ask him why he couldn't ship it he told he could get it from his house till mid January so I told him all wait he next response was basically I don't know if I'll ever be able to ship the guide. I'm more than happy to wait but I won the item and I'd like to get the item I won. I buy and sell a lot on eBay and I just think they need to follow through with their end of the deal

bread's done
Back