Sellers not leaving feedback

That last part I'm guessing you meant "When you're the [buyer]"

I usually just send them a message thanking them for a terrific transaction and let them know I have left them feedback, and if they have the time if they could return the favor. Sometimes people just forget and don't have automatic feedback on if they're not a big seller, so just ask them politely if you want them to leave you feedback.

I dont even care. Ill just archive the order so I dont see it.

When I sell I will leave feedback as soon as Im paid. Makes no sense not to.

Once eBay rendered the entire feedback system useless/pointless with the removal of the ability to leave negative feedback, I stopped leaving feedback whatsoever on my own. I now only do it once I receive feedback first both when I'm the buyer and the seller.

Okay because now i pretty much leave them positive feedback as soon as their package is shipped. Before i would wait until they left me feedback to leave them feedback but i decided to do it first to encourage them to do it as well but i guess some people don't care. I just want to increase my number of positive transactions so people will be more willing to buy from me. Right now it's at 60 and i'm waiting on like 6 people to leave feedback lol.

Thanks for the link @ Bloodbooger, i'll check it out.

[quote name='Squarehard']That last part I'm guessing you meant "When you're the [buyer]"

I usually just send them a message thanking them for a terrific transaction and let them know I have left them feedback, and if they have the time if they could return the favor. Sometimes people just forget and don't have automatic feedback on if they're not a big seller, so just ask them politely if you want them to leave you feedback.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

i'll give this a try, thanks;)

when im the buyer i usually just leave feedback at random. Most of the time im just to lazy to do it and ebay makes it annoying because you have to leave one fedback at a time even if you bought multiple things from the same seller. I do try to leave feedback for small sellers that are starting out, and not the standard " great ebayer A+++" but something personal.

As a seller i left feedback as soon as payment was received, and sent them a message after i shipped telling them that im grateful they shopped at my store and if they are satisfied to leave feedback accordingly. Ive only done it 4 times and it worked twice.(im just starting out btw)

i see leaving feedback like leaving a review for a food establishment. Im more likely to leave a review on yelp for a small restaurant than i am for mcdonalds. but that just me.:booty:

As a casual buyer on eBay now, I'll be honest and say I don't leave feedback 90% of the time. I don't care if they leave me feedback either, I've never sold anything on eBay so I can't take part in that conversation. I have 371 stars and over 400 transactions on eBay in the past 8 years, I've slowed down a lot from buying there the past few years since I've somewhat put off my classic gaming collection. If a seller does ask me or I get that automated message, I'll do my best to leave feedback but it's not always on the top of my list of things to do.

As a seller I won't leave any feedback until I get buyer feedback first.How else am I suppose to know you got the item and you're happy with it.

[quote name='mrx001']As a seller I won't leave any feedback until I get buyer feedback first.How else am I suppose to know you got the item and you're happy with it.[/QUOTE]

Delivery confirmation and the buyer would go out of his way to let you know if he wasnt satisfied. haha :bouncy:

[quote name='musha666']I dont even care. Ill just archive the order so I dont see it.

When I sell I will leave feedback as soon as Im paid. Makes no sense not to.[/QUOTE]
^^ this

[quote name='mrx001']As a seller I won't leave any feedback until I get buyer feedback first.How else am I suppose to know you got the item and you're happy with it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly , the transaction is not complete until the buyer receives item.

As a buyer I leave feedback when I receive the item even if the seller didn't leave me feedback first.

As a seller, I leave feedback after I get feedback from the buyer. I used to do that back when sellers could leave a negative so the buyer knew they could get a negative back in return so they would contact me first if there was a problem. The only problem I have had with that was once I got a negative from some idiot because I didn't leave them feedback. Thankfully that was before the feedback changes so they got a negative right back in return for that.

As a seller, I never leave feedback until after the buyer does. Since I can't leave neg. feedback, it is the only leverage I have in the transaction so that a buyer won't try to screw me. I'm sure some don't know that sellers can't leave neg. feedback, and I still have the leverage of reporting a buyer if I need to.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']As a buyer I leave feedback when I receive the item even if the seller didn't leave me feedback first.

As a seller, I leave feedback after I get feedback from the buyer. I used to do that back when sellers could leave a negative so the buyer knew they could get a negative back in return so they would contact me first if there was a problem. The only problem I have had with that was once I got a negative from some idiot because I didn't leave them feedback. Thankfully that was before the feedback changes so they got a negative right back in return for that.[/QUOTE]

^-----This is why they changed there policy, too many crap sellers, if a seller did everything right they shouldn't have to worry or hold the buyer hostage over a negative feedback. I'm not going to say every buyer is an angel but in my case I was always honest about everything, I only complained when I was in the right.

As a buyer and seller I usually just leave generic feedback except under the stranger instances. As a buyer I leave it when I get the item. As a seller I leave it when I ship the item. I don't really care if the other person leaves me feedback or not.

In the same boat as what looks like the majority is. As the seller, I leave FB once received (it even states so in the auction) and as a buyer I leave FB once I receive the item and am happy with my purchase, regardless if the seller has left FB or not.

This is my thinking- as a buyer, I always leave feedback once the item's in hand and checks out as a way of 'finalizing' the transaction. I don't really sell, so I don't care too much about sellers who forget to return feedback.

Once in awhile I get someone who leaves me feedback as soon as I pay- I always wonder about that. What do they do if I turn around and lie to Ebay to get my money back?

It's nice to see there are a bunch of cracker jack eBay sellers in the CAG community.

Be somewhat professional and leave the buyer positive feedback either after the pay or as soon as you create the shipping label. It makes no sense to wait; you can't leave them a negative anymore and it's against eBay rules to leave a false positive. Furthermore it is also a violation as a seller to leave feedback for a buyer that references a dispute or case.

As far as eBay is concerned and as far as you should be concerned (as the seller) the buyer has fulfilled their obligation by submitting payment. I don't see the point in waiting.

[quote name='soonersfan60']There's nothing professional about leaving feedback once a buyer pays. And your options change for disputes after feedback has been left.[/QUOTE]

That is false. Leaving feedback as either the buyer or seller has no impact on a dispute.

I could be the buyer, leave feedback stating "Great transaction, quick shipping" and then still turn around and open an item not received complaint.

I guess all the Powersellers and top rated sellers and legit businesses with eBay accounts (Toys R Us, Neiman Marcus, Sony, Newegg) must not know what they are doing

To repeat ad nauseum in this thread:

As a buyer, I'll leave the FB when I get the item and check to make sure it matches the description (no arguments here).

As a seller, I will either wait until a week or two after the packaged has been marked as delivered before leaving FB, or leave FB once I've received it from the buyer. By waiting the week or two after they have received the item before leaving the FB, I find it as my non-intrusive way to ask for the return response.

I'm also assuming two weeks is long enough for anyone to contact me on any immediate complaints (packaged was damaged, for example), and since I don't offer any returns (stated in the description), the deal is pretty square by then.

That's because eBay will listen to the top-rated powersellers and legit businesses. As a small person who sells just a few hundred items a year, try "altering" your satisfaction with a transaction after you've left feedback. eBay will not run to side with you and will question why you are filing a dispute. It is not the clean process that it is if you haven't already left feedback where all options are available.

[quote name='GBAstar']That is false. Leaving feedback as either the buyer or seller has no impact on a dispute.

I could be the buyer, leave feedback stating "Great transaction, quick shipping" and then still turn around and open an item not received complaint.

I guess all the Powersellers and top rated sellers and legit businesses with eBay accounts (Toys R Us, Neiman Marcus, Sony, Newegg) must not know what they are doing[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that feedback doesn't mean crap right?

This crackerjack seller thinks were done at "I have money, you have your product, everybody is good."

At a certain point, it doesn't matter if you have 50 or 1000+ positive.

[quote name='GBAstar']It's nice to see there are a bunch of cracker jack eBay sellers in the CAG community.

Be somewhat professional and leave the buyer positive feedback either after the pay or as soon as you create the shipping label. It makes no sense to wait; you can't leave them a negative anymore and it's against eBay rules to leave a false positive. Furthermore it is also a violation as a seller to leave feedback for a buyer that references a dispute or case.

As far as eBay is concerned and as far as you should be concerned (as the seller) the buyer has fulfilled their obligation by submitting payment. I don't see the point in waiting.[/QUOTE]

Simple. Just because the buyer has paid for the auction doesn't mean they won't cause problems once they receive the item. Why reward somebody prematurely? IMO, the transaction is not final until the buyer has received the item and have stated they are happy with their purchase. If they decide to cause an issue because they failed to read the auction description, I might not be able to leave them a negative, but I sure as hell can withhold a positive.

Case in point. About 6 years back, I was selling KO Devastator/Menasor/Superion sets on ebay. Buyer messages me, while on my honeymoon nonetheless, and complains because the item they received wasn't the real thing. Even though the description clearly stated as to what they were and a clear picture of the ACTUAL item. I refused to pay return shipping for THEIR mistake and was given my first ever negative. Ever since then, I decided I wouldn't reward the buyer until I know they were appreciative of their purchase.

[quote name='GBAstar']That is false. Leaving feedback as either the buyer or seller has no impact on a dispute.

I guess all the Powersellers and top rated sellers and legit businesses with eBay accounts (Toys R Us, Neiman Marcus, Sony, Newegg) must not know what they are doing[/QUOTE]
If you have a lot of sales, it makes more sense for me to copy/paste my generic great transaction comment and go through them every few weeks and get them all caught up. One at a time is annoying IMO.

[quote name='GBAstar']

As far as eBay is concerned and as far as you should be concerned (as the seller) the buyer has fulfilled their obligation by submitting payment. I don't see the point in waiting.[/QUOTE]

You wait to avoid that false positive, in case your buyers decides to jerk it up after the item is recieved.

I had an auction a couple years back were the game arrived with a torn manual that was missing a couple pages. I made the mistake of mentioning in my complaint that I was trying to replace an incomplete copy, so the seller didn't believe his copy was messed up and that I was trying to dump my bad copy on him (and said as much.) Dispute was filed, I won- now, if that guy had left positive feedback at payment time, it would have been a lie by the time we were actually done dealing with each other. Actually, that's one the only time I've left no feedback- as nasty as I make the situation sound here, he was really quite polite and responsive through the whole thing... and I can't really blame him for being wary of my complaint (just for not checking his friend's game before selling it.) I didn't really want to break his 100% over it, especially since it was a cheap game and it worked out for me in the end.

bread's done
Back