Sellers selling Resealed Games as New on eBay/Half.com/Amazon.com

ddeeaallzz

CAGiversary!
Is there a thread anywhere that compiles all the corrupt sellers that are doing this? This is becoming a HUGE problem I've noticed, and I don't trust buying games from any of the bigger Amazon/eBay/Half sellers anymore (the small ones with good feedback are usually fine).

I buy and sell lots of games, so I can clearly tell when the shriinkwrap is fishy, etc. Here are some of the big name problem sellers I've experienced so far, and anyone else can feel free to chime in to confirm some of these.

1. Noram International, also known as PieceofMindBooks and Piece of Mind Media. I can't say enough bad about this total scam company! I've purchased about 50 various titles from them over the course of 2009, and EVERY SINGLE ONE WAS RESEALED! They try to duplicate legit sealing so bad, but it's all wrinkled, and it has a seam on the spine, which none of the truly new sealed games have. I'm so upset that this company is still around on Amazon and on their website, and it's sickening that they aren't all in prison. I tried to contact them to get refunds for my orders (since I didn't discover this until after the Amazon claim period), and they didn't respond...no surprise there.

2. I just purchased some NEW SEALED DS games from Spun.com on Amazon, and they appear to be resealed as well, with very similar sealing as Noram's. I have some of the same game purchased from a B&M retailer, and the sealing is just perfect and tight, with no looseness or seam on the spine. Spun.com's are loose and have seams on the spine of the game.

3. This one may be legit, but can someone chime in if they've ever seen this? The seller was Springfledge Entertainment on eBay, which I believe is Hit Gaming on Amazon. These games have a DVD-style security seal on all 3 edges (the kind that are a complete pain to peel off), and then it has some sort of standard heat shrink wrap over it with EA Sports logos on it. I've never seen this before, so it just seemed fishy to me. Especially because I had some of the same game purchased from B&M retailers, and they had the standard, tight Y seals, with no visible seam in spine.

Anyway, I'm just frustrated by all this reseal crime going on, and I thought we should make a sticky thread somewhere, compiling all these scam video game sellers.

Spun has been known to reseal games every once in a while. Be careful with GBA games from Spun. There has been a lot of resealing/selling bootlegs from them lately.

Yeah, I ordered a bunch of GBA games from Spun earlier this year and they were reseals. They had really loose type shrinkwrap.

As for the shrinkwrap with the EA logos on it, it is legit. I bought LoTR 3rd Age from Best Buy a few years ago when it was $4.99 online and it had that same type of shrinkwrap.

Spun was awesome with me. I bought God of War 2 and the disc wasn't working for some reason, within just two emails they sent me a new one.

It said USED and the game was shrink-wrapped. So they COULD do as the title says. But i hope it's not true. :(

bread's done
Back