Selling a PS3 and have questions..

xMalachi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
I have a 40 GB PS3 w/3 games and 3 blu-rays. What do you guys think the best route to selling this would be. As a lot or all the items seperate? The games are Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, and Motorstorm. The blu rays include Spiderman 3, Across the Universe and Planet Earth. Also, about how much do you think I should aim for getting?

I would take pictures, write a detailed description and post it locally on craigslist.org (free posting, no shipping/packing, cash transaction....)

I would price it
Console = $
Games = $
Blu-Rays = $

With a "bundle" price discount.

I might be interested in Motorstorm and Across the Universe....pmme if you like and good luck on your sale!

look at ebay and compare to make a judgment for yourself instead of trying to sell it off here discretely in a shopping discussion post?

If you do decide to sell it on ebay make SURE to ship to a confirmed PayPal address only, or accept a money order.

Also make sure to get signature (not delivery since it would go for over $250), and make to pack it VERY well. I would strongly advise you to spend the extra $3 on insurance as well. If someone wins your PS3 and it arrives broken/they get buyer's remorse/etc., you will be protected. If you're in the US, don't ship to any other country but the US and Canada, as those are the only countries PayPal will protect you in.

Some people can win pretty ridiculous PayPal claims, so it's important to cover yourself, especially for such a high-priced item.

[quote name='Lice']look at ebay and compare to make a judgment for yourself instead of trying to sell it off here discretely in a shopping discussion post?[/quote]

If I were trying to sell it here I would do so via the trade forums genius. I was trying to get some insight from fellow CAGs. Davyd also offered some info. I didn't think about and thanks for that.

A great way to get prices is to use eBays advance search feature that let's you search for completed auctions. Take a few totals and then get an average- but be sure and compare apples to apples (sealed NIB are not valued as high as used; and sometimes an item's sale total had free shipping built into the single buy-it-now price and you have to compensate for that).

ebay is probably your best bet

you'd be better off selling all the games individually, but offer a shipping discount to someone who buys more than 1 item (ex. they buy 2 of your games, or if they buy the PS3 and a game)

Rethink Ebay as your only option....I just scanned recently sold units and they are selling for $290 - $340....I only viewed a couple individual sold units and they were bought by zero feedback buyers...
It's unnerving how many members with zero feedback never pay for the item...

Take into account all the fees, cost, and shipping risk...calculate your "net" and then rethink craigslist for free (you can always pull your listing at any time....

If your craigs' asking price is on the high end of your EBay net result, I wouldn't be surprised if you sold it in less than 6 hours.

Again, good luck either way!

CL might be good. I just live in the sticks with very few people around so I always end up having to give money to ebay.

yup I'd go with CL first then ebay as a last resort.
ps3 = $275 ~ $350
games = $90 ~ $120
movies = $60 ~ $80
I would try to sell it for $500

[quote name='KSHLove']yup I'd go with CL first then ebay as a last resort.
ps3 = $275 ~ $350
games = $90 ~ $120
movies = $60 ~ $80
I would try to sell it for $500[/quote]

$500 seems a bit high, maybe $500 OBO (but I hate listing things OBO right off the bat)

Price each reasonably but not too low.
then invite the buyer to make an offer on the whole bundle.
Make sure to take some time with the description and include whether you have all the packaging, adult owned, receipt for console (warranty support) etc...
Include the current retail price for each item with tax...

bread's done
Back