Selling EA Origin codes?

fritter

CAGiversary!
Does EA allow people to sell codes for games on Origin, or is there something against that in the ToS? I recently got an Origin code for Crysis 2 from a sweepstakes, but I don't really want to deal with Origin.

Also, if it is ok to sell it, what would be the best method to do so? Is there a place on CAG to do it, or would something like eBay be better?

Thanks in advance!

It is officially against the terms of whatever according to EA but seriously what can they do? You will see all kinds of codes for Mass Effect 2 & Dragon age floating around ebay. I would 1st make sure the code is redeemable(not expired) given that Crysis 2 is a new game that isnt going to be a problem, then you might also want to look into the steps to redeem the code for the specific game. If its truly an EA code not an xbox code it will be in 16 character format xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. In which case you would probably redeem it here:

http://social.bioware.com/redeem_code.php

Ive never played Crysis 2 so it could be possible to redeem the code from the main menu of the game. So eBay is definitely the way to go, I would just personally try to make the redemption process as easy as i could for your potential buyer so theres no problems afterward. You dont want to get into a situation where someone pays you and then says the code doesnt work. GL.

Thanks! I guess I'll put it up on eBay after I get back from vacation. I'll make sure I give the buyer some instructions, too.
Also, I looked on EA's Origin FAQ, apparently they use a 20-char format: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.
That's what mine is, so it should be ok.
Thanks again!

bread's done
Back