Selling my massive Dreamcast collection!

Nukkus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I am selling my Dreamcast collection. It is in in great condition, and includes the system, two controllers, two VMUs, two rumble packs, all the hookups, a VGA box, keyboard, mouse, modem, web browsers, and the following 35 original retail games:

Alien Front Online - $10
Chu Chu Rocket - $10
Crazy Taxi - $10
Daytona USA - $10
Dead or Alive 2 - $15
Evolution: World of Sacred Device -$15
Grandia II - $30
Jet Grind Radio - $15
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - $15
Maken X - $10
MDK 2 - $15
MS. Pac-Man Maze Madness - $10
NFL2K - $5
Omikron: The Nomad Soul - $10
Q*Bert - $10
Quake III Arena - $15
Re-Volt - $10
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing - $10
Resident Evil Code Veronica - $20
Shenmue - $25
SILVER - $10
Skies of Arcadia - $30
SLAVE ZERO - $10
Sonic Adventure - $15
Sonic Adventure 2 - $15
SoulCalibur - $20
Space Channel 5 - $15
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer - $5
Tomb Raider The Last Revelation - $10
Toy Commander - $15
Vigilante 8 Second Offense - $10
Virtua Fighter 3tb - $10
Virtua Tennis - $10
Worms Armageddon - $15
WSB 2K1 - $5

I've been collecting this gear for so long, and have sunk thousands of dollars into it. As much as I love the dreamcast, I am ready to move on to a new hobby. I am hoping to get $400 for the complete set, as you can see the games are worth over $350 alone. however make me an offer. sorry, but i will not sell seperately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you are going to get that amount. If you want to just get rid of it, then I think someone will make a fair offer, but $500 is too much.

[quote name='opportunity777']I don't think you are going to get that amount. If you want to just get rid of it, then I think someone will make a fair offer, but $500 is too much.[/QUOTE]

o rly? consider this: if i charged $10 each for the games, that would be $350 for the games. of course most of this sells for a HELLUVA lot more than $10 each. Sorry dude, you're wrong.

That's the thing, you would probably make more (if not at least hit that $500 goal) if you sold items individually. It's going to be difficult to sell it as a group.

Example, I would be interested in several of your games but not the whole deal. There are others like me. You're bound to make more money off of that tactic than selling it as a combo.

[quote name='Nukkus']o rly? consider this: if i charged $10 each for the games, that would be $350 for the games. of course most of this sells for a HELLUVA lot more than $10 each. Sorry dude, you're wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to argue with you, but these lots go for a lot less on eBay and craigslist with more games with much higher value -- Cannon Spike, MvC and Mars Matrix to name a few. I'm calling it how I see it. Anyways, at least your set looks to be in complete condition. Easily, I could get a better lot of over 100 games for $350 to $400 with a system. Sellers sell lots at discounts to get rid of stuff quicker. You want to sell these at a premium to get rid of all of it. In reality, more than likely, that's not going to work for you.

If I was you and wanted to try and get $500 (you still might not reach that amount because of fees and/or time spent to actually do it), then I would break this lot up and sell it. Otherwise, I don't think you will find any takers for those at your price anywhere.

[quote name='opportunity777']I'm not going to argue with you, but these lots go for a lot less on eBay and craigslist with more games with much higher value -- Cannon Spike, MvC and Mars Matrix to name a few. I'm calling it how I see it. Anyways, at least your set looks to be in complete condition. Easily, I could get a better lot of over 100 games for $350 to $400 with a system. Sellers sell lots at discounts to get rid of stuff quicker. You want to sell these at a premium to get rid of all of it. In reality, more than likely, that's not going to work for you.

If I was you and wanted to try and get $500 (you still might not reach that amount because of fees and/or time spent to actually do it), then I would break this lot up and sell it. Otherwise, I don't think you will find any takers for those at your price anywhere.[/QUOTE]

i'm not new at selling game lots, so as much as you think you're giving me sage advice, i know what i am doing already. i appreceate the thought, but i'll do this my way.

It's a nice dream you've got here, but it would surprise me if you netted $200 for all of that.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']It's a nice dream you've got here, but it would surprise me if you netted $200 for all of that.[/QUOTE]

actually, i just sold it on kijiji, got $450.

Didn't you post in this thread that you sold it yesterday for $450? I remember checking the thread to see what the bundle was since I'm keeping an eye for a Dreamcast, and the thread was closed and the OP only showed 'sold.' Did your previous buyer flake out?

[quote name='game_fanatic']Didn't you post in this thread that you sold it yesterday for $450? I remember checking the thread to see what the bundle was since I'm keeping an eye for a Dreamcast, and the thread was closed and the OP only showed 'sold.' Did your previous buyer flake out?[/QUOTE]

the "buyer" turned out to be a chinese scammer.

[quote name='Nukkus']the "buyer" turned out to be a chinese scammer.[/QUOTE]

Man that sucks, better to find out before the sale than after!

well, i did try parting it out, sold 4 games for $75 so far. sorry for beign so stubborn guys, thanks for the advice.

Yeah, you'll get much more by selling individually (but you might be stuck with some stragglers in the end.) It's not that your games aren't *worth* $500, but it's unlikely that anyone who's interested has $500 just hanging around. Plus, it would mean they have to take in games they don't want. When someone sees a lot of games, their "mental value" of that lot only includes the value of the games they *want* from it.

[quote name='WillGabriel']Yeah, you'll get much more by selling individually (but you might be stuck with some stragglers in the end.) It's not that your games aren't *worth* $500, but it's unlikely that anyone who's interested has $500 just hanging around. Plus, it would mean they have to take in games they don't want. When someone sees a lot of games, their "mental value" of that lot only includes the value of the games they *want* from it.[/QUOTE]

well in the end i'll just take the stragglers to the local retro gamestore and trade them in. but i've honestly met my goal, getting enough cash for a 3ds and zelda.

bread's done
Back