Selling my SNES (updated with pics) NEWER

trunks982

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
i have a SNES that i want to sell it to EB or Gamestop. will they buy it? if so, how much? i got that system around launch day. i remember it was 179.99.

[quote name='trunks982']i have a SNES that i want to sell it to EB or Gamestop. will they buy it? if so, how much? i got that system around launch day. i remember it was 179.99.[/QUOTE]

I'll bet you're the life of the party when you're having a garage sale. I really enjoy the people who mention what they originally paid for something when they're trying to sucker someone into buying their used crap. It never seems to work very well, oddly enough.

you might get a 1.50 from EB. I was in my local EB a week before Nintendogs launch and some guy asked if there were any stores that would buy back an NES. The sales clerk said he'd have the best chance at getting a decent amount on eBay because they only give 2.00. So as mentioned above keep the system, it is not worth giving it away and it is such a great system.

[quote name='neudog']you might get a 1.50 from EB. I was in my local EB a week before Nintendogs launch and some guy asked if there were any stores that would buy back an NES. The sales clerk said he'd have the best chance at getting a decent amount on eBay because they only give 2.00. So as mentioned above keep the system, it is not worth giving it away and it is such a great system.[/QUOTE]
You know whats funny though? They sell it for $40. What a friken rip off.

[quote name='bmulligan']I'll bet you're the life of the party when you're having a garage sale. I really enjoy the people who mention what they originally paid for something when they're trying to sucker someone into buying their used crap. It never seems to work very well, oddly enough.[/QUOTE]

Hm.

I also love people who let blatant sarcasim fly over their head.

[quote name='Autumn Star']You know whats funny though? They sell it for $40. What a friken rip off.[/QUOTE]

No kidding! Why would you ever sell something for $2? How hard-pressed for money could you possibly be? $2 can't even buy you a meal at Wendy's.

im selling it because its kinda broken. i have 2 SNES. cause the one im selling is kinda broken and bought a new one. it was long ago. its still playable but its kinda half of screen. back then i played mortal kombat 2 and i still beat the game even if its half of screen. its pretty hard to explain. its full screen but half of it u see ppl walking and stuff but the other half is kinda like a froze up screen.

[quote name='trunks982']im selling it because its kinda broken. i have 2 SNES. cause the one im selling is kinda broken and bought a new one. it was long ago. its still playable but its kinda half of screen. back then i played mortal kombat 2 and i still beat the game even if its half of screen. its pretty hard to explain. its full screen but half of it u see ppl walking and stuff but the other half is kinda like a froze up screen.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, you'll spend more money on the gas getting to your nearest EB/Gamestop than you will get for selling it. You're better off either putting it on ebay as a fixer-upper, or pitching it. As long as you have another one to play, it's all good.

img09066nu.jpg

R.I.P.

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']Hm.

I also love people who let blatant sarcasim fly over their head.[/QUOTE]

I also love it when someone confuses sarcasm with idiocy.

[quote name='trunks982']so none of u guys' snes are yellow?

EDIT: my other snes still look brand new.[/QUOTe]
Many of them yellow. It was something with the chemicals in the plastic. Google it.

That said, there are some non yellowed ones and they are a bit more cherished. But yours is

A) Filthy
B) Covered in stickers
C) Broken

Its essentially worthless. If you dont want it anymore, donate to a local hospital with some games for the sick kids.

[quote name='supadupacheap'] But yours is

A) Filthy
B) Covered in stickers
C) Broken
[/QUOTE]

I don't know why that made me laugh out loud, seriously, not some fake LOL but it did.

Note to OP, would you like to buy my used batteries? They're kinda drained but they will fit!

I can't believe you guys are saying to throw it away. It can be cleaned up, although still yellow. And it can be fixed and sold on Ebay for a good amount. You would be surprised how much they go for, even damaged/non-working systems.

You think you would have cleaned it up before taking the pics and posting them. Also, why would you elude in your OP about it being "kinda broken", sorta getting the hopes up of possible buyers and shooting them down. Knowing this off the bat, plus the condition of the system, common sense would have told you not to expect much. I would do what supadupacheap recommended and donate it; there are plenty of children's hospitals around and you also have the kids who lost many toys/games to Katrina. Good luck whatever route you choose.

Pretty beat up there, I would recommend cleaning it up and then maybe re-posting it in CAG Trading if your interested in selling it, but I warn you, it doesn't look like it'd sell high. Good luck with that.

1/2 a screen is NOT playable under any circumstances. Throw it away, it's only good for landfill fodder or to scam money off some unsuspecting idiot.

[quote name='encendido5']lol, you can sell that other one on ebay as a limited edition rare tan version with factory stickers. Check out this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Special-Edition...211079882QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/QUOTE]

That's just funny. :lol:

You might see about selling it as a busted system on Ebay for someone to tinker with... If it were me, I'd probably have to throw it out if I couldn't find an alternate use for it. Like maybe a picture frame stand. Get one of those glass clip ones and stand it up in the cart slot... paint the system a nice color to match the photo...

bread's done
Back