Selling off my collection (Mostly PS1 RPGs, some PS2, GCN, DC, Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_man182

CAG Veteran
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey there, I was big into collecting games for years growing up. I prowled eBay, and I checked Gamestop and EB Games (Babbages back then) religiously. I amassed a big collection over the years.

Lately, however, I've been busy finishing college and starting life off on my own, and I realize that I have had my collection sitting in my closet, collecting dust. I was going to sell the games on eBay, but that is a huge hassle, and I'd rather cut out the middle-man and offer my games here to other people who care about collecting and owning games.

I'm not looking for trades. The few games I want to play nowadays I already own. I'm asking for Paypal (Or whatever else you can do that is kosher) of the rough value of what the game is worth. Really, all I'll be doing is seeing what people are offering me, comparing that with a low estimate of what the game sells for on eBay, and seeing if it's an OK deal. I'm not being greedy; I know I have a few collectible things here, but for most stuff, I can sell it for cheap because I realize these games are old and many are worthless.

Frankly, I just want to be rid of them, because I told myself I'd sell my games off months ago.

Unless otherwise stated, everything is mint because I collected games and knew what that meant. I remember using Goo-Gone to wipe the stickers and their residue off cases.

Message me or post if you are interested. I can take pictures of anything anyone wants to see, and I can always negotiate.

Here is the collection, in it's entirety:
P1050106.JPG

Here is the list:

N64

Donkey Kong 64
Geomeon's Great Adventure - Cart only
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Collector's (This box is beat the f*** up)
Mario Party 3
Mystical Ninja starring Geomon - Cart Only (I loved this game)
Ogre Battle 64 (Front of box is slightly bent)
Super Smash Bros. (This box was abused worse than Majora's mask.)

PS1

Ape Escape (Green label)
Alundra
Alundra 2
Arc the Lad Collection
Blaster Master: Blasting Again
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Breath of Fire III (Manual + CD only)
Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena (Sold: 55)
Bushido Blade
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Green label)
Crash Bandicoot (Green label)
Crash Bandicoot Warped
Chrono Cross (Green label)
Final Fantasy Tactics (Green label)
Final Fantasy 7 (Green label)
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Front Mission 3
Grandia
Jade Cocoon
Kartia: The Word of Fate (Disc only)
Koudelka
Legend of Dragoon (Green label)
Legend of Legaia
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (Only problem: the box's edges are frayed. That's it.)
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
MDK
Mega Man 8 (Green label)
Mega Man X4
Mega Man X5
Mega Man X6
Mega Man Legends (Green label)
Mega Man Legends 2
Metal Gear Solid
Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Ogre Battle (Manual + CD only)
Saiyuki: Journey West - Sold (13)
Soul Blade
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Suikoden 1
Tactics Ogre (Manual + CD only. This was my favorite game growing up.) (Sold: 20)
Tail Concerto - Sold (15)
Tenchu
Tenchu 2
Torneko: The Last Hope - Sold (12)
Threads of Fate
Vagrant Story
Valkyrie Profile
Vandal Hearts
Vanguard Bandits (My copy is missing the Lunar Demo, sorry)
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Xenogears

PS2

Dark Cloud
Deus Ex
Devil May Cry (Greatest Hits)
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Final Fantasy X
Freedom Fighters
Grandia Xtreme
GTA 3
GTA: Vice City
GTA: San Andreas
Guilty Gear X (Manual + CD only)
Ico
Jak and Daxter (Greatest Hits)
Jak 2
Jak 3 (Greatest Hits)
Jak X Combat Racing (I remember I bought this full price, because I had just beaten Jak 3 and wanted to continue the story)
La Pucelle Tactics
Legend of Legaia 2
Katamari Damacy
Kingdom Hearts
Maximo
Okage: Shadow King
Ring of Red
Shadow Hearts Covenant (Sealed)
Soul Reaver 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Everyone owned this.)
Twisted Metal Black (Everyone owned this, too.)
Wild Arms 3
Xenosaga

GCN

Blood Omen 2
Mario Kart Double Dash
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Super Mario Sunshine
Timesplitters 2
The Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition (Sealed)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time + Master Quest (Sealed)
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Mario Strikers (CD only. I rented this game from Blockbuster and forgot to return it before they charged me the full price to buy it.)
Viewtiful Joe

Xbox

Big Bumpin' (This game was actually fun for an hour. I list it as a joke, because no way in hell I'll give it up.)
Burnout 3: Takedown
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
Crimson Skies
DOOM 3
Genma Onimusha
Halo (Game of the Year Edition)
Halo 2 (Limited Collector's Edition)
Jet Set Radio Future
Mechassault
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Ninja Gaiden
Shenmue 2
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

Dreamcast

Chu Chu Rocket
Grandia 2
Gunbird 2
Jet Grind Radio
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
MDK 2
Shenmue
Skies of Arcadia
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Shuffle
Soul Calibur
Time Stalkers
Unreal Tournament
Worms World Party

SNES

Illusion of Gaia

Genesis

Shadowrun - Sealed

GBA

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Golden Sun
Megaman and Bass - Box is slightly dented
Phantasy Star Collection
Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis - Sealed (Sold: 35)

NES
Mega Man 6

I also have some random old Genesis games in boxes, like Quackshot, Marvel Land, and Shining in the Darkness, but these seem too old to bother listing unless someone is interested. Maybe I'll add them up later.

Edit: Actually, I figured I'd just unload nearly everything I own. I updated the list with everything, aside from the NES and SNES era games.

Edit 2: Updated list, added the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, wow. I got way more reaction than I thought. I thought I was way past the point of these games being worth anything to people, since I collected them at an early internet age. When I found fast internet, I lost the collector's soul. I presumed most people stopped caring about game collections.

But I will be going through the PMs I do have tomorrow to reply. Most people asked for completely different games, so I may have a lot of this sold.

I do want to say that I am here to make the best deal for my property, but I do not want to needlessly haggle. If I see PMs for the same game, I will go with the higher price. I will account for stories, because I have a heart for the joy a collector has when he makes an amazing discovery. But if you want to make an offer, do not drag your feet--offer what you intend to spend.

oh ignore my typo on mega man. i was typing hastily.... i meant legends obviously. :razz:

good luck with your sale and I look forward to hearing from you :)

I am serious about my collection. Just look at my list :D

Don't listen to him, ZxT is a dastardly scallywag, he uses PS1 games as plates on which to eat the remains of those he's slain in trading combat.

I've been busy with work and finals, so I have not replied to the PMs. I went through and added all the offers to a Word document, and I'll go through and eBay compare the offers to see what's reasonable. If you PMed me, expect a reply by tomorrow night.

Are you willing to send first?

I know it's not standard procedure to send the item first before receiving payment during a sale but as CAG transactions are done without a middleman, there's more risk in me sending first vs you sending first (since I have more feedback then you...).

It's cool if you don't want to though.

[quote name='Vinny']Are you willing to send first?

I know it's not standard procedure to send the item first before receiving payment during a sale but as CAG transactions are done without a middleman, there's more risk in me sending first vs you sending first (since I have more feedback then you...).

It's cool if you don't want to though.[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you want.

No, I will not send the Lunars first, but most everything else, yes.

Although, as you can see, I made one successful trade from this thread, so my legitimacy should not be in question.

[quote name='e_man182']Depends on what you want.

No, I will not send the Lunars first, but most everything else, yes.

Although, as you can see, I made one successful trade from this thread, so my legitimacy should not be in question.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to offend you but one successful trade (or one thousand, for that matter) doesn't establish anything. We've had CAGs complete 8, 15, 22, and (more recently) 40 perfect trades before running of with a ton of people's money. And those are just the ones I'm familiar with... there are many I'm not familiar with.

Again, I'm not accusing you of anything... just that there's more risks involved one way versus another.

And for the record, I was interested in your sealed Master Quest.

[quote name='backseatdog']don't ever send first e_man unless its a trade.[/QUOTE]

This makes sense, thanks.

I have let my PM box fill up without replying for this week, but now I am caught up on every PM everyone sent me.

[quote name='battousai11']did you send me pics via pm e_man?[/QUOTE]

No, I have to wait until Jan 4 to get my friend's digital camera. Then I can send pics.

I also stopped by my mom's house to visit, and I looked through the older games I own. I gave most of them away to my brother, who also collects games, but I took these back with me to sell (Since they're mine):

SNES
Illusion of Gaia - Mint

Genesis
Shadowrun - Sealed

N64
Geomeon's Great Adventure - Cart only
Mystical Ninja starring Geomon - Cart Only (I loved this game)

NES
Mega Man 6 - Mint

GBA
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Mint
Golden Sun - Mint
Megaman and Bass - Box is slightly dented
Phantasy Star Collection - Sealed, although the box is slightly bent because of how it was stored
Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis - Sealed

All right, it took a little longer than I thought, but I have a camera now and I have pictures of my games. I am now up-to-date on sending pictures of the specific games people asked about in PMs.

Here is the collection, in it's entirety:

P1050106.JPG

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']oh yeah PM me your paypal![/QUOTE]

Will do.

I am sorry again for not catching up with my PMs. As of last time I posted, I heard a whirring noise in my desktop, so I opened it to check it and clean it, and when I turned it back on, my monitor had no signal.

It turns out my 8600GT video card blew a capacitor, so I am using a friend's laptop right now. That is the reason for the delays. That, and college has begun again.

But now I am caught up on the PMs that have been sent, and I have replied to anyone asking questions.

All right, I am going to the post office now to drop off both Tactics Ogres, sold to separate people. I have also updated the main list with the new games, the pictures, and what has been sold.

And bv, I have not forgotten to get a picture of Valkyrie Profile. I will try to get it to you by tomorrow; tonight I have night classes.

[quote name='battousai11']pm'ed you, but you never got back to me about valkyrie profile.

thanks[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. I checked my sent box, and I realize I sent pictures of Valkyrie Profile to someone else with a username starting with a b, so I thought that was you. I forwarded you the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back