Selling Old Xbox/PS2 Games Help?

KMunley

CAGiversary!
Before I say anything, about 75% of the games I'm trying to sell are old Sports games. Hopefully someone who works at gamestop reads this, I have about 30 games mostly xbox and about 5 PS2 games. I know most old sports games 01-06, are worthless.

Does anyone know if gamestop pays anything for them, even a nickel? Amazon doesn't take them.

Only reason I ask is they are taking up room, I don't play them, but I'd rather not waste gas money driving out and being told they're worthless, and rather not call and tell them each game.

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='dabamus']Gamestop stopped taking original Xbox games a year or two ago.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. Thanks

Anyone have any ideas what to do with them? I don't think any of my friends still have their xbox since 360 came out and I don't want to just throw them away, but also don't want them taking up space. Any ideas besides here and Ebay?

I think in your case you're better off selling them on eBay or Craigslist as others have said. Goozex accepts old games but I imagine most of your collection would get 100 points per game and if you're looking to get money out of them, this is not the way to go. But if you want to exchange a lot of them for newer games, Goozex might be worth it. Keep in mind you have to pay to ship each game individually though.

Another option might be to see if you have a used DVD store like CD Exchange or Half Priced Books and see what they would give. Since GS and Amazon won't take them, you're limited in your options if you really want to turn a profit.

I'm actually having a similar problem trying to sell some old DVDs. Amazon's pricing for most of them is less than a dollar per movie and there's no demand for them on Goozex. I might just wind up trading them in to some local bookstores that accept DVDs.

[quote name='metallicoholic']I think in your case you're better off selling them on eBay or Craigslist as others have said. Goozex accepts old games but I imagine most of your collection would get 100 points per game and if you're looking to get money out of them, this is not the way to go. But if you want to exchange a lot of them for newer games, Goozex might be worth it. Keep in mind you have to pay to ship each game individually though.

Another option might be to see if you have a used DVD store like CD Exchange or Half Priced Books and see what they would give. Since GS and Amazon won't take them, you're limited in your options if you really want to turn a profit.

I'm actually having a similar problem trying to sell some old DVDs. Amazon's pricing for most of them is less than a dollar per movie and there's no demand for them on Goozex. I might just wind up trading them in to some local bookstores that accept DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't think about goozex. I signed up about a year ago, but never traded or bought anything. Wasn't too certain how it worked, it's basically like waiting in a line to sell (at least with old games) until someone wants to buy it, so basically if 10 people are trying to sell madden 2002 I'm screwed haha.

Yeah I had the same problem like you said with the dvd's. most they were offering me was like .25 and if I was like .50. That's not even worth it since when I buy dvd cases they are about 25 cents each anyway haha.

[quote name='KMunley']Before I say anything, about 75% of the games I'm trying to sell are old Sports games. Hopefully someone who works at gamestop reads this, I have about 30 games mostly xbox and about 5 PS2 games. I know most old sports games 01-06, are worthless.

Does anyone know if gamestop pays anything for them, even a nickel? Amazon doesn't take them.

Only reason I ask is they are taking up room, I don't play them, but I'd rather not waste gas money driving out and being told they're worthless, and rather not call and tell them each game.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

bundle all them on eBay for like $5-$10

Call its Sports Bundle

then right words people like...like Rare, Free, Must Have on it

1. Sell them as a coaster set and keep just the cases for games you may not get one for?
2. Use them as frisbees or as a fashionable accessory on your belt of choice?
3. Toss em to Goodwill cuz they are only worth $.25 each like others have said?

That's about your only three options really as sports titles are really worthless. That is unless somehow one of those Xbox titles has the programming on it to turn an old Xbox into a media center like the old MechAssault game did.

See what type of value Goodwill or Salvation army will give them. Who knows they might give you a tax credit of like $10 per game, thought this won't really help you until next year.

Ebay would be the best bet but you might have to list it a few times before you even get a bid. Old sports games have literally no demand, unless you have like a whole set of Madden games where someone might just want the cases to display.

bread's done
Back