Selling on AMAZON.com question

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Ok, I just started to sell a few things as I am sick of EBAY/PAYPAL.

So, I put two items on AMAZON and both now say CLOSED (OUT OF STOCK). However, I never got any message that says they have been sold. What is happening? Is it people putting it in the cart and NOT checking out? How long do they have to check out if it is in their cart? I may look to somewhere else to sell now.

NEVERMIND: My two items sold pretty quickly....nice. Yeah Amazon. They must just have a delay or something

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doubledown']Ok, I just started to sell a few things as I am sick of EBAY/PAYPAL.

So, I put two items on AMAZON and both now say CLOSED (OUT OF STOCK). However, I never got any message that says they have been sold. What is happening? Is it people putting it in the cart and NOT checking out? How long do they have to check out if it is in their cart? I may look to somewhere else to sell now.[/QUOTE]

If they are toys amazon will automatically close them if you do not meet a minimum selling requirement. You need a certain amount of transactions and feedback to sell near the holidays.

If you look at your inventory, it will say "Blocked unless FBA"

Why is this listing blocked?

We have blocked your non-FBA toy listings and they will not be buyable until the second week of January 2011. We do this to maintain buyer confidence in Amazon during the holiday season. You can still sell by converting them to Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) by clicking the “Unblock with FBA” link.

If it does not say that, then you may have sold the items.

Nope...doesn't say that. I go to CLOSED LISTINGS and then I see under the Status column "CLOSED (OUT OF STOCK)"

Nothing shows up in my inventory sold. Do I just wait? How long does it usually take for them to show up?

You must have sold them. You should get an email within 12 hours, then you have to ship within 24, but since it is the weekend you have through Monday.

Yeah I see that you finally got the message from amazon but the best way is to wait for the email that says "Your listing sold" followed by "Your inventory is out of stock" or something along those lines. Amazon has been great for selling games and haven't had a problem yet (Knock on wood)

[quote name='slowdive21']You must have sold them. You should get an email within 12 hours, then you have to ship within 24, but since it is the weekend you have through Monday.[/QUOTE]

Um, I think you have 2 days to ship once it's sold, not one. I've never heard of needing to ship within 24 hours.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Um, I think you have 2 days to ship once it's sold, not one. I've never heard of needing to ship within 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

There's a nice way to say that...The point is he doesn't have to ship until Monday. I was trying to give him a quick answer.

[quote name='slowdive21']There's a nice way to say that...The point is he doesn't have to ship until Monday. I was trying to give him a quick answer.[/QUOTE]

"Quick" answer shouldn't mean a "patently false" answer, though.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']"Quick" answer shouldn't mean a "patently false" answer, though.[/QUOTE]

My answer also would not harm him in any way and may prevent him from getting a negative, since most buyers do not understand the concept of business days. I was basically saying don't worry about it since you are covered as far as time goes (because his initial issue was his items disappeared from inventory and he didn't receive notification). The sooner he ships it, the sooner he gets his money since amazon changed the format. You now have to confirm shipments to get paid.

bread's done
Back