Selling on Ebay Questions

phammerz

CAGiversary!
Hi,

I'm a new user to selling on ebay, but I must sell to get the most profit off of something I bought. Now I tried to set up the Seller's Account, but it kept saying my credit card number was invalid, I tried using spaces, dashes, no spaces etc. to no success. So afterwards, I did a live chat thingy, only to get that I should use the extension zipcode and that would work. I haven't had time to try but is that whats going to make my Credit card number work? Also, what do I have to do to make sure I don't get screwed over on ebay. I've been reading a lot about people getting really jacked on ebay so I want to make sure I don't fall victim to any schemes. I really don't mind payinga few extra bucks to insure whatever, so please lend me your tips of experiences thnx.

*Short Version*
My CC number comes up invalid in Seller's Account Registration, how do I make it valid?

I need tips on how to use Ebay/Paypal while selling to maximize my profits without gettting screwed over?

thanks in advance,

-phammerz

I have no idea how to get your CC validated with eBay.

As far as selling my advice is:

1. Put a picture of your item with the listing (not a stock photo, one you took yourself) and honestly describe the item (if a game's manual has wear, say that)

2. Clearly state shipping costs or use the eBay shipping calculator. It's also a good idea to say what shipping method will be used, though that isn't absolutely critical. I would not ship media mail without offering a faster option too, personally. Coast to coast media mail can take 10 days and I always get e-mails about 'Where's my item?' when I ship to the left coast via media mail.

3. Answer any questions/e-mails as quickly and friendly as you can.

4. Pack your items adequately (e.g. for a game use a bubble mailer or a box) and try to ship fairly soon after payment.

5. Always get delivery confirmation on your packages from the USPS. Then you have proof of delivery.

The vast majority of buyers on eBay are honest and if you treat them fairly and with integrity, they will gladly return the favor.

If there is a problem (package damaged, etc) work with the buyer in good faith to fix the problem. I generally offer a refund of the bid amount (so no S+H refund) if they ship it back to me. Many sellers won't do this...

Good advice, wubb.

I personally like to use HTML and my own picture hosting. This way I can make my auction look much more professional and attractive and I can post as many pictures as I want without paying eBay's picture fees.

Insert a link to your PayPal account so buyers can just click it and pay you immediately after the auction is over.

Upgrade your listing by adding Gallery, a border, or subtitle. Don't go overboard with Featured listings and Bold.

Put keywords in your item description to attract buyers who search title and descriptions.

Offer a discount to buyers who conform to preferred method of payment/shipping.

Offer free shipping with "Buy It Now".

I use all these methods and I'd say I'm pretty successful. I sold my old PS2 and 4 old games for $230 in November, with over 1200 views and 40 bids. It's all about advertising and attracting people to your auction.

Do not false advertise!

bread's done
Back