Selling PS3 question

noahj1102

CAGiversary!
I'm selling my PS3 to a friend of mine.

What i'm curious about is all the games i have bought and downloaded from PS+.

Is there a way for the new console owner to get those games to his account and keep them?  It would be a shame not too.

As long as your PSN account remains activated, and is not deleted from the user list, any games on that system's hard drive that are tied to your account will still work. Your friend does not need to be able to access your account unless he wishes to re-download any games tied to your account, so you can change the password if you intend to keep the PSN account for other systems.

I'm not sure how the PS4 will affect system/account activation, but currently 2 PS3 systems can be activated on one PSN account (except for content purchased prior to the change). Unless you have already shared the account, or intend to purchase another PS3, that probably won't be an issue. The PS+ games will of course expire when your PS+ sub does.

Ya I intend to keep my PSN account and carry it over to the PS4.

So I have this correct, he would need to just create a new account and sub to PSN+ to get what's on the hard drive?

The games you have received from PS+ are essentially tied to your account like any other purchase, so unless your account remains on the console, and maintains an active PS+ sub, he won't be able to play them.

However, if you don't mind leaving your account on the system, he can just make his own new account on that system, and still play your games as long as your account has not been deleted or deactivated from that console. The PS+ games will still only remain active as long as your account maintains a PS+ sub.

Apologies if my answers seem a bit convoluted, I'm running on no sleep today.

So I can just keep my account open on that system, change password, and things work fine as long as both of us keep an active PS+ account?

I apologize as well if I sound repetitive.

Yeah, as long as your account is on that console and you haven't deactivated it, your friend can play your games that are on the hard drive. He would be able to play your PS+ games as long as your account has a current PS+ sub, whether or not he has his own PS+ sub on his account. If he wanted to download new games that are added to PS+, he would either need to access your account, or subscribe to PS+ on his own account.

bread's done
Back