Selling Rare Game??

ShaJay

CAGiversary!
im selling all my rare games i wanted to know if i should sell them at ebay or amazon and how much do you think i will recieve from all this..

Im selling

Valkyrie Profile PS1
Panzer Dragoon - Sega Saturn
Metal gear Solid 3 SUbsistence Limited Editon
Final Fantasy 7

[quote name='chrisnsally']A couple are...I'd disagree. Final Fantasy 7 will net you some decent cash...[/quote]
If you are talking a black label copy, then yea.

EDIT: just looked, and apparently used Greatest Hits sell for $50... I am seriously tempted...

amazon will tell you how much you will get before you list your item. You can search for complete listing on ebay to find out about how much you will get

[quote name='moe11888']A used MGS3 Subsistance Limited Edition goes for around $200 right now on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Wow, didn't know that...

I have 3 of them! lolol...

With Amazon, you can see what other people are asking, but there's no guarantee of selling it at that price. The advantage to Amazon is that you don't pay a fee unless/until it sells. The disadvantage is that you can't get people in a bidding war (advantage is the bidder doesn't luck out at 35 bucks) and that their commissions are rapacious.
I sell most of my stuff on Amazon, I just like not having to fool with the auction format and the communication with the buyer, though I'm paying more for that convenience.

if you want cash, fast i will do ebay. but i will do them 1 at a time. set the auction to end either a friday night, or a saturday night. then start the next one. you'll get the most money on weekends. with all rare games they usually go up and down, subsistence is good to sell right now since its really going for alot. and also alot of people are holding on to their copies now.

edit: also, if you end up selling on ebay, take good pictures and lots of them. i was watching an auction for 2 subsistence limited editions, one ended at $80, while the other ended at $160. cause the $80 had a bad picture. its weird, but it works.

The sealed ones are over $100 (most of the ones up are sealed). the ones with the bonus pre-order DVD were over $100 (dvd goes for a decent amount by itself).

The used ones by themselves? $100 and under. Go check. One went for $60 in fact.

God damn, MGS3 LM is getting some ridiculous prices! It seems like every time I don't get the LM version of a game, it becomes ultra valuable.:lol:

Anyways, I'd just eBay them. That's where you're likely to turn the biggest profit.

[quote name='Vinny']God damn, MGS3 LM is getting some ridiculous prices! It seems like every time I don't get the LM version of a game, it becomes ultra valuable.:lol:

Anyways, I'd just eBay them. That's where you're likely to turn the biggest profit.[/quote]

LOL I know, I wish I would have jumped on that when it came out. Usually when you hear "Limited Edition" I just shrug my shoulders but sometimes they go crazy high in value.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']They aren't that rare...[/quote]

Which means in laymans terms 'sell them to me so I can put them on Ebay and rake in the money you'd foolishly be throwing away by selling to me cheap'.

Honestly, I never understood the whole big thrill behind the MGS or DMC games, both were mediocre series imo. Mind you, people like what they like, even if paying OVER retail price for ANY game is ridiculous in my book.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Honestly, I never understood the whole big thrill behind the MGS or DMC games, both were mediocre series imo.[/quote]

well as far as those 2 games are concern, MGS3LE was really limited. it was hard enough to get that game in the first place even if you pre-ordered it. they werent given an exact amount at each stores (the store i tried to pre-order it at, got 3 while other got 5 or 6 copies). it was very very limited. it sold for $160+ the first few weeks on ebay. people would go crazy over MGS. the LE was technically the first LE MGS in the U.S. and substance was hot fire too before its release. and Subsistence even received a higher review score than Snake Eater.

with DMC, well the collection simply went out of print. oop = money. it wasnt easy to get it, but if people try hard enough they could buy it at stores still (ive seen 8 stores that had it for $30). i think the anticipation for the 4th installment led people to believe that its rare now that its oop. after the CC sale the price had come down a bit.

[quote name='chrisnsally']A couple are...I'd disagree. Final Fantasy 7 will net you some decent cash...[/quote]

If you bought it back in the day for retail, no it's not. Even say you bought it for 20, it's not that much of a profit. To think how much a sealed copy goes for though. Who would have ever thunk it.

You know there are rarer games out there that have not been mentioned in here, that go for less then those mentioned.

I wish there was a video game price tracker.

I would love to be able to pick up Panzer Dragoon Saga and Valkyrie Profile. I got a got a copy of VP for cheap before it's value went up, but I found out my second disk was bad. As for Saga, I would love to have that since I like that series from what I've played of Orta and the fact that I virtually nothing worth playing on the saturn. It's almost impossible to find anything for that in my area. I just can't justify dropping that much on those games.

[quote name='Dhuk']If you bought it back in the day for retail, no it's not. Even say you bought it for 20, it's not that much of a profit. To think how much a sealed copy goes for though. Who would have ever thunk it.

You know there are rarer games out there that have not been mentioned in here, that go for less then those mentioned.

I wish there was a video game price tracker.[/quote]
someone had pointed out that FF7 isnt actually too rare since it did sell more than 1.5 million copies. maybe alot of those copies got trashed, still theres alot on ebay every week. right now, theres 36 copies of them on ebay. say they all end in 7 days (36 games every week), x 4 weeks, x 12 months, = you have 1700+ copies every year. those are only used copies.

the last non-gh sealed copy sold for $455
http://cgi.ebay.com/FINAL-FANTASY-VII-7-NEW-SEALED-BLACK-LABEL-PS1_W0QQitemZ330167353150QQihZ014QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so its safe to say that FF7 is more of a sought after/in demand title. and the sealed copy is the true rare/treasure.

bread's done
Back