Selling stuff on amazon.com

zlorya

CAGiversary!
Hey I was just getting ready to sell some stuff on Amazon and I was wondering if anyone knew how it worked and if it was a good idea to or not. How successful were your sales and so on. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas related to this let me know. Thanks a lot.

I've sold two things on Amazon.com before, with no trouble at all. The items sold pretty quickly, but I was also trying to get rid of them fast, so I had them listed for slightly under the average price.

The way it works is that you list the item (for free), and if it sells, Amazon takes a $0.99 transaction fee plus a commission (a certain percentage of the item's price) from you. They credit you a certain amount for shipping and email you the buyer's address; you have to ship within two business days. If your item doesn't sell, your listing is removed after 60 days (you can relist it). Overall, it's pretty easy.

You can also become a Pro Merchant if you plan on selling a lot. There's a monthly fee of $39.99, but Amazon waives the $0.99 transaction fee (you still pay the commission). You also get some tools to help you list your items.

Amazon describes the process pretty well on their site, and pretty much any questions you could have will be answered there. Here are some links:

The main page to sign up for selling an item
How to list an item and sell it
Pro Merchant accounts

thanks a lot man, and sorry for putting this in the wrong section i have attendency to miss the big print.

15% is very high if you ask me.

sell a game for 50 bucks they would take 7.50 OUCH + 99 cent listing that is almost 20% of the price

bread's done
Back