Selling used games: Amazon or Gamestop or ??

TurboPascal

CAGiversary!
I have a few games I want to let go including a duplicate of Super Mario Bro for the Wii.

I have never sold any of my games but the wife insists on trimming the library

Where can I get the best deal

Amazon
Gamestop
Best Buy
Target
or someone else?

Thanks

Amazon normally has the better deals, especially on older titles. You can always shop around on the internet and such. Gamestop will normally tell you the TIV of games over the phone. Amazon gives you the quote online. Can't speak for BB and Target.

GS is having a +25% TIV towards Dead Rising 2 if you're interested.

use ebay it really saved my life i just always start my bid at whatever i would make trading it in at gamestop and its real money

I like to sell my games on Amazon. They take a small commission (like any site will) but typically games sell very quickly & I end up making good money from them.

Glyde is a pretty good site for selling used games as well. They'll even mail you a prepaid envelope to ship the game in.

Definitely Amazon. I've observed that they offer about 150% of the value from other retailers. The only cons are they're anal about the condition of the games (has to be good condition, with original manual and case, etc.), you have to ship yourself (free shipping however) and you have to wait to get the credit.

EDIT: That's for trade in btw. If you want to sell, you'll probably make more money.

I traded in some games at Best Buy today-- gonna get new Ipod Touch this week. They don't give the best amount, but they do give the exact amount they say on their website. $20 for Blur, which a lot of us got for $10 two months ago, pretty nice...They buy DS, PS2, GC, PSP games as well.
Word of caution, it might take A WHILE to trade in there. Two stores I went to in NE Atlanta don't have the ability to scan the UPCs.

I've used Amazon, but their prices change almost daily. You'll be surprised (in a good way) for what they give for an old crap title. You can use you $20 pre-order credit in addition to the game trade in. The other trade in programs they have also combine with the game trade. In my experience, they give more than GS on pretty much every title.

benfits to using both of these guys is that you get credit for anything they sell.

Just really depends on what you're after.

I traded in my first game on Amazon this week, and I was very happy with how it worked out. I got the $13 credit for PES 2010 (PS3) four days after shipping, and considering I only paid $30 for it new I thought the trade-in price was fair.

Gamestop will give you a terrible price so I'd suggest not to go there. Amazon sometimes will have good trade-in value for a game but it's usually the best to sell it there yourself. It usually takes me a couple of hrs to a day for my game to sell so it's the quickest, but I find they take the largest commission. With Ebay you'll most likely get the most money and a much smaller fee to pay to them, but it will take longer.

So to summarize:
Gamestop - no go
Amazon - good price, fast sale, biggest commission
Ebay - best price, slower sale, small commission

Amazon.

Decent prices and quick turn around on the credits. In addition, you can use the credit towards anything at Amazon, not just video games. Lastly, if you live in an area configured like mine, chances are that you can find a package drop off point closer than a Gamestop.

Gamestop is garbage for any trade in unless they are running a good promotion. I prefer Gazelle over Amazon because every game i've traded in to them gives ALOT more credit than Amazon would give plus you get more credit if you trade the games in towards amazon credit.

[quote name='0_0']For Amazon trading, you can just trade in the game w/out Manuals of Cases, right?[/QUOTE]

The exact opposite. They need to be included, and in great condition.

bread's done
Back