Selling Xbox 360 -- Digital Content with it?

limesqueeze

CAGiversary!
Hey I have a quick question, I'm looking to upgrade my Xbox 360 and probably get a PS4.  If I end up doing so, and sell my Xbox 360 can I leave the digital content on there and include it with the sale?  If I were to do so, I would plan on retiring my gamertag so to speak.  So I would delete it from the 360 and not plan on using it again.

This is sort of tricky, as I think it may be against the terms of service with Xbox Live.

Technically, yes, the downloads would be on the systems hard drive.  So long as the users do not delete the downloads, or keep your profile and can use it to re-download them, there should not be any issue with the downloads.  But, if a license issue presents, or the hard drive breaks, or some unforeseen consequences occur, this would not work. 

The big issue is that you cannot trade or give your gamertag away.  You cannot even give it to friends or family.  So this would be a major issue.  If you no longer plan to use Xbox products, you probably don't care, but the buyer might.  If it's not something you're too worried about, then I guess it would work okay.

It is against the TOS of Xbox Live to sell an account.

The content downloaded to a 360 works on the original 360 downloaded to, regardless of Xbox Live account.  The content can be downloaded to another 360 and used on that 360 as long as the Xbox Live account used for the purchases/downloads is logged into that other 360.

To the OP, the content downloaded on the 360 would work regardless of the XBL account on it, though if they ever deleted it or the hard drives becomes corrupt, it'll all be lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he plans to give his Gamertag and its info along with the 360 though the buyer won't be screwed if anything happens as long as the login info is correct and never changed. Well, they might be screwed out of an Xbox or whatever if something occurs but the Gamertag will allow them to redownload anything.

bread's done
Back