Sending a money order to Canada from USA? (any Canucks here to answer a question?)

wageslave

CAGiversary!
Hi Cags. I suppose this question could apply to auctions, and I can probably get a good answer here, so...

I want to send my nephew in Canada some money for his birthday, but I don't trust sending cash in the mail. I've been to Canada and know they are good about accepting American currency. Do Canadians have any trouble cashing American money orders? Is it simple for you to do, or do you have to go through a bunch of bullshit? Do they impose any fees for cashing them in Canada, or do you get screwed on the exchange rate? If I get a money order I'll be getting it from Wal-Mart if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any answers. :D

I'm no expert, but I don't even think you can, you would need to get an International money order or else they won't be able to cash it. Why not paypal him the money or get him something he wants instead of just cash?

Just buy an international money order from the post office.
I've gotten money orders from Canada with no problems, I think they were canada post money orders but I'm not 100%.

^ What he said.

BTW, they're the pink ones.

They're available at most post offices (you'll have better luck at bigger post offices).

/only half Canadian
//but I ship there all the time

Yeah, if your going to send a USPS money order, make sure you get the international money order (pink NOT green) he can then cash it at any post office in Canada.

bread's done
Back