Sending Ps2 into Sony

phammerz

CAGiversary!
Hi, well my ps2 finally crapped out on me, so now i need ot send it into sony.

First off, i called them and all and got them to email the sheet that i need to print out and fill out and send in with my ps2. Now i was wondering what the best way to send a console, its not that far from where i live. Since i live in south california, and the place is in san diego. I calculated prices on usps and ups, and ish but i was wondering whats the best way to send it? please i need all the imput i can get. Also if you have some experience with sending in ur ps2 for the dre fix, please share it thnx

I'll doubt he will get his ps2 box back once it is sent to sony. So he should think about that if he would like to keep it. Then again, I could be wrong with the box thing.

yah i just read on the thing not to send in the ps2 box if i want it back, but what should i be wrapping my ps2 in? the bubble wrap? etc etc? and what quality mail should i do? priority? ups?

Wrap the PS2 in bubble wrap. Put your wrapped PS2 into the box filled with either packaging peanuts or paper to fill up the empty space.

For the shipping, I'd go with FedEx or UPS since their shipping options come standard with free insurance up to $100. Since you live in the same state, go Ground since it will end up being NextDay service.

IMO, FedEx > UPS.

I had this same experience about a month ago and had to send my PS2 to the San Diego center. I also live in SoCal.

The rep I spoke with specifically told me NOT to send it in the original box so what I did was got a cardboard box about the same size as the original one.
I then bubble wrapped the whole PS2 so it was completely covered. But I only wrapped it enough so that the PS2 was covered but I could still fit it in the box.

I mailed it through the US Post Office since it was closer to my house and it was the cheapest. I got the cheapest mail option and it was around $4 and I got the signature confirmation which was about $1.

I got my PS2 about 10days after I mailed it.

Make sure you make a note of your PS2's serial number and model numbers for your own reference in case something happens.

SONY mailed it back to me in a big box filled with those foam pieces. It came back in one piece and I can play all my games now. :)

got a box from the post office and packed it with news paper. Shipped it with insurance. Took i think 12 days or was it 8.

okay, so i went to the post office to find what i could get, well they have boxes there and bubble wrap but no peanuts,

the box was about 3 dollars and the bubble wrap was like 3 dollars

is that normal or should i just look for a box my self? and try to find the bubble wrap and peanuts?

You can most certainly find and reuse a box to save yourself the $3. You can use newspaper in place of peanuts.

Don't know where to get bubble wrap cheap though. Staples sells 25ft roll of the stuff for ~$5 before tax B&M last time I checked. Depending on how much bubble wrap the post office sells for $3, which I'm guessing it isn't much, it might be cheaper to buy it elsewhere.

thank you all for helping, im going to be getting allt he stuff from random ppl and sending out tomorrow hopefully, everybody wish me luck

Fully padded box (with filler) sent media mail.

Under 10 bucks, sometimes significantly depending on how and what you pack it in.

I had to send in the damn thing nearly two years ago whenit started the DRE thing with my blue disc games. I used a box I had around the house that was a bit larger than the PS2, padded it with plastic bags shoved with newspaper (for cushoning). It cost about a total of $10
(maybe $8, I can't remember) with insurance. Sony was pretty quick in fixing the problem (about 10 days from ship to return). It's better to pay about $8-10 to ship the console if they fix it free, and much better than paying $150+ for a new system.

When I mailed mine in September, I used bubble wrap, newspaper, a plastic container, and of course a cardboard box. I wrapped the ps2 in bubble wrap and set it in the plastic container. Then I put a bunch of wadded up newspaper in the box, set the container in the box, and filled the rest of the space with more newspaper. I mailed it USPS with delivery confirmation and insurance...

I wasn't expecting to get the plastic container back, and I didn't. It took exactly two weeks (from the time I mailed it until the time I got it back). All because I wanted to play Gradius V and Growlanser Generations when it came out.

bread's done
Back