Sennheiser RS120 wireless headphones $49.99 shipped (Amazon)

I've been using these headphone for 2 years. Other than the annoying beeps when it's no so sound coming through, they're the best wireless headphones i've used.

I have the RS130(I think the only difference is that 130 comes with rechargeable batteries). Bought them last black Friday to replace some Turtle Beach I had for my 360. Great headphones, nice cushion ear-pads which makes them very comfortable to wear for hours and easy to hook up to a TV. Great alternative to paying $100+ for Turtle Beach and other brands because they directly aim it towards console gamers.

I have a pair of RS110's and they're great. They work perfectly for when my wife is sleeping and want to get some gaming on. She then can use them in the morning when I'm still sleeping and she wants to get some tv on. Much cheaper than turtle beach's and more convenient since we can use them with tv, blu-ray, etc...

Does anyone happen to own multiple sets? Is it possible to connect two of them to the same base? I'm considering getting another. Well the main question would be, is the RS110 compatible with the RS120 base and vice versa?

[quote name='CreepinDeth']Where!!!?!?!? Please inform us. :D[/QUOTE]

$149.99 on sale last week on amazon + $100 audible coupon for signing up and then cancelling the membership.

[quote name='Amblix']$149.99 on sale last week on amazon + $100 audible coupon for signing up and then cancelling the membership.

So is it worth buying these? I'm looking into buying a pair of head phones, and wireless definitely sounds great, but I'm worried about potential issues that may or may not crop up.

[quote name='azngtlman']
Does anyone happen to own multiple sets? Is it possible to connect two of them to the same base? I'm considering getting another. Well the main question would be, is the RS110 compatible with the RS120 base and vice versa?[/QUOTE]

Don't know if the RS110 is compatible with the RS120 base, but the description of the RS120 says you can indeed use multiple headphones with the same base:

Supports the use of multiple headphones receiving the RF signal from one transmitter(use HDR 120)

[quote name='azngtlman']I have a pair of RS110's and they're great. They work perfectly for when my wife is sleeping and want to get some gaming on. She then can use them in the morning when I'm still sleeping and she wants to get some tv on. Much cheaper than turtle beach's and more convenient since we can use them with tv, blu-ray, etc...

Does anyone happen to own multiple sets? Is it possible to connect two of them to the same base? I'm considering getting another. Well the main question would be, is the RS110 compatible with the RS120 base and vice versa?[/QUOTE]

i copied and pasted this from the page on amazon, this answers your question....sort of
"
Supports the use of multiple headphones receiving the RF signal from one transmitter(use HDR 120) "

[quote name='pladman']i copied and pasted this from the page on amazon, this answers your question....sort of
"
[/QUOTE]

2 posts above yours, friend.

[quote name='sdclippers']Does the signal interfere with wifi signals? This is my only reason i haven't pulled the trigger.[/QUOTE]

I own these and the receiver is between my router (802.11g - 2.4ghz) and my computer and I've never experienced any hiccups in my connection.

[quote name='whoknows']Is there a way to plug a wire into these and make them wired? Say if I wanted to use them with my PSP or something?[/QUOTE]
Not really unless you are very close to the base which then you can plug the headphone jack into the PSP.

[quote name='cheaphuck']Not really unless you are very close to the base which then you can plug the headphone jack into the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Makes me less interested in buying, but I may still since I'm sure I'd enjoy it with my TV.

[quote name='spaceboykevin']how exactly does this work with the xbox controller?[/QUOTE]
It doesn't. It comes with red and white audio cables and headphone jack, either of which you hook up to your TV. So if you use your mic a lot you might have to get a bit creative as the headphones have no mic.

I can compare these to at least the X4's for those that care.

These headphones can get really loud relative to the X4's. They put the tuning dial right next to the volume dial so it can be slightly annoying to change the volume and knock the tuning out of it's sweet spot. They do not cup the ear like the X4's and thus don't block out outside sound near as well. In the same vein, they are more comfortable to wear for long periods since the X4's tend to make your ears sweat.

The RS120's only have 1 input option and no output option, e.g. you can't use these as an intermediary between your system and any other speaker option as you can with the X4's which have standard composite sound jacks and optical in and out jacks. The X4's also have built in dolby digital decoding if that's important to you.

As far as sound goes, I believe the RS120's are much better than the X4's for music and casual TV watching. When it comes to sound separation and bass response, they have nothing on the X4's. They can also be used at a much wider range than the X4's which are infrared (line of sight). The newer X41's I believe have switched back to a radio signal and wouldn't suffer from this limitation, though.

These are worthless if you need to use a microphone. These are useless if you are thinking of using them on a portable device as the base is the size of 2 coke cans. I use them as my PC headphones right now as I don't ever talk to anyone on here. If you are into console gaming, you probably should buy a more dedicated pair that has a mic. If you just want a nice pair of general purpose wireless headphones that you may occasionally use for gaming, I would recommend them. Especially at this price.

I also got these last year to replace my wired Sennheiser's. I can highly recommend them. Very comfortable, rechargeable battery lasts forever, excellent sound quality. I find that the volume adjustment right on the headphones is GREAT! I use that all the time and now don't know how I lived without that control.

I use mine with my PC, and even though I sit close enough for wired headphones the wireless makes my life significantly easier, no wire tangles and I can stand up to walk across the room and leave my headphones on. For a mic, I just use a basic Logitech mic which works well.

My only reservation is that the sound sometimes is staticy due to wireless signals, so you may need to move the base station around a bit to make it clear up.

Looks like these are back to $60 on Amazon, but I would easily pay that to replace my pair if they die one me. A good investment.

bread's done
Back