Serenity (2008) Blu-Ray, any deals?

AE86Trueno

CAG Veteran
Hey everyone,

Been watching the series Firefly on streaming Netflix since I've heard good things, too bad it got cancelled! Well anyways, I heard there was a movie made in 2005 and I was hoping there was some kid of deal for this movie somewhere, whether it be a coupon or whatever. Any ideas? Thanks

It's usually $10 somewhere, the last time I saw was at Target a couple weeks ago.

MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THE EPISODES IN THE RIGHT ORDER. Don't trust Netflix's order, look at the episode list on wikipedia.

[quote name='AE86Trueno']Hey everyone,

Been watching the series Firefly on streaming Netflix since I've heard good things, too bad it got cancelled! Well anyways, I heard there was a movie made in 2005 and I was hoping there was some kid of deal for this movie somewhere, whether it be a coupon or whatever. Any ideas? Thanks[/QUOTE]
Damn you just missed out. I just got it and Pandorum for $10 on BR.

Cool movie that's almost always on sale somewhere. It would be nice if Joss Whedon got to do more movies.

[quote name='AE86Trueno']Hey everyone,

Been watching the series Firefly on streaming Netflix since I've heard good things, too bad it got cancelled! Well anyways, I heard there was a movie made in 2005 and I was hoping there was some kid of deal for this movie somewhere, whether it be a coupon or whatever. Any ideas? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Funny you ask about this because I just watched the series and Serenity in the past three days. Finished Serenity this morning via netflix streaming. Just thought I'd point out Serenity is available via netflix since that is how you're watching the series. It's a must since the series well...you know doesn't end due to the cancellation.

[quote name='LeRoy']Cool movie that's almost always on sale somewhere. It would be nice if Joss Whedon got to do more movies.[/QUOTE]
He's in final talks to direct The Avengers. After the cancellation of Firefly AND Dollhouse, it's about time some good karma came his way.

[quote name='blissskr']Walmart has it for 14.99 right now in store with the $5 off universal coupon it makes it 9.99.[/QUOTE]

I just did this today. Also, sorry to all the fanboys of this show, I've never actually watched Firefly, but I watched this and freaking loved it. Yes, I know I need to watch the show.

Target has it for $14.99 as well. I've been patiently awaiting the price drop of Firefly on blu-ray though... Missed it in the goldbox a few weeks back. X(

[quote name='chimpster1313']I just did this today. Also, sorry to all the fanboys of this show, I've never actually watched Firefly, but I watched this and freaking loved it. Yes, I know I need to watch the show.[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes you do.

i bought firefly when it was 9.99 on Amazon not realizing this movie actually happens AFTER the TV show (which I have not seen yet). So now i'm trying to patiently not watch this movie and wait for the movie in Blu-ray to go on sale, sigh.

[quote name='vkyosho']i bought firefly when it was 9.99 on Amazon not realizing this movie actually happens AFTER the TV show (which I have not seen yet).[/QUOTE]

I did the same, still. It didn't ruin anything for me.

I got Firefly and Serenity during the black friday deal days on GoHasting, it was awesome.

The series goes on sale a lot too. I got the dvd version a few months back from Best Buy for $13. I figured that since it was that cheap, no point to hold out for the blu-ray to go on sale.

bread's done
Back